Masters Running

The Weekly Run & X-Training Thread w/e April 20th (Read 243 times)

Here they are... Dutchie42-71.9K + lots of biking commutes Eliz4015-18.2 miles + 3 walking...WEEKLY PR evanflein-34.7 miles + lots of plane delays...Northern goddess going to fly through Boston evryday-24 miles...On only 3 days...well done JJJesse-60 miles...inc.38 on the weekend...WOW lyndenrunner-30 miles marathon derrick-21.7 miles...inc 5K race nowor-15 miles + strength + yoga...great!! pfriese-42.3 miles...outstanding SteveP-9.29 miles...nice job tetsujin-0 miles...Except he ran a whack of miles on Sunday!! Great Job Folks...
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-9@7:52 Tue-Off Wed-5@7:57 Thur-5@7:42 Fri-6@8:10 Sat-Off Sun-5@7:30 Total=30 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
        Thank you LDR Mon.....rest............rest Tues....3miles..........rest Wed....6miles.........6miles Thurs....rest...........rest Frid......6miles.........6miles Sat......rest............3miles Sun.....9miles.........6 miles...mental toughness was no where to be found. Total.....21
        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        evanflein

Won't be much this week... resting up for Boston! Having the marathon on a Monday will make this look like a really puny week anyway... Monday: Rest, probably not even any cross training... Tuesday: Wednesday: Thursday: Friday: "Rest" day, spent on a plane Saturday: "Rest" day and recover from flight, hit expo? Sunday: Plan is 2 miles with some striders, that's it
            nothing scheduled for this week until I get over my bout of strep throat. will try to post later in week when feeling better. Temps up, chills, sore throat , and cough, maybe I should have not run race on Saturday in rain. Not. Still not feeling good strep and sinus infection, i am going to try to go at least 3 miles tomorrow, I have a tough 1/2m next Sunday, so I have to get back on the horse soon.

GreenMan

Thanks Gordon, M..............rest..........................rest T..............recovery.......................5.25 W.............GA with striders..............10 T..............recovery........................5.5 F...............rest...........................rest S...............Medium trail run..............14 S...............Medium trail run jjj............................................... ........ __________________
              Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
                Thanks, Gordon. Starting to mix things up a little with some speedwork and tempo runs every other week while carefully increasing mileage - aiming for 17 this week, maybe 18 again. I want to kick butt on the 5K in June! Monday . . . 5 miles with 5x400s & 400s in between; a little taste of what you fast folks feel like. Smile Tuesday . . . kid-wrangling at a theater festival - kids were awesome and I mostly sat around all day so: rest Wednesday . . . 13-hour day at school = no running Sad Is it June yet? Thursday . . . . . 2.7 beautiful miles at sunset; watched the moon rise during post-run stretching Friday . . . . . . en route to the beach! whoo hoo! Saturday . . . . 8 miles - distance PR - beautiful afternoon on the boardwalk Sunday . . . . . . XT - kicking a soccer ball with my 3-year-old godson - life is good Smile Weekly mileage - 15.7 - didn't make the mileage goal, but I'm happy with yesterday's run and that I was smart enough to rest from running today. Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

pfriese

OK, officially into taper-mode now.
                  DayPlanActualComment
                  Mondayrest dayrest day - done
                  Tuesday6-8 miles running 6.0 miles - done9:15/mile avg pace
                  Wednesday7-9 miles running7.9 miles - done 9:25/mile avg pace
                  Thursdayrest day rest day - done
                  Friday3-5 miles running5.5 miles - done 9:29/mile avg pace
                  Saturday5K race (?)2.2 mile warm-up 5K race -done9:30/mile avg pace 7:28/mile avg pace for a new PB of 23:10
                  Sunday12 miles runing10.9 miles - done 9:56/mile abg pace
                  Total~32-35 miles running 35.6 milesDONE
                  Once again thanks for the thread totlas and comments, Paul

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks Gordon, you’ve got that right for us weekend fitness runners, it’s either famine like last week’s Big “0” or feast like this week’s 29 miles in a planned 50-miler. My feet don’t know I DNF’ed though so put me down for 29 burning feet miles on rocky rails-to-trails that pierced even through the soles of my protective aquasock beach shoes. Sunday (4/13): 29 miles (Mt. Si 50-miler) Monday (4/14): taper Tuesday (4/15): taper Wednesday (4/16): taper Thursday (4/17): taper Friday (4/18): taper Saturday (4/19): taper Incidentally are you thinking about any particular 26.2 mile venues in the near future to put all your good running to use?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

nowor

Monday- 4 mi Tues- strength work Wed-4 mi Thurs-yoga Fri-6 mi Then things got good Sat-Spent lovely afternoon w/ Tim from OK, DW, and DD in Rockport, MA. Tim always brings good weather for the marathon. Sun-watched the women's trials and BECAME A GRANDMOTHER! Summary: 14 mi plus stuff and held my granddaughter.