Masters Running

Saturday, 2.4.17 (Read 35 times)

spacityrunner

5 miles under overcast skies...43f and just a perfect day for a run.  I was tempted to tie my jacket around my waist but I know what that will get me, so I resisted.  A bit of a sprinkle at the end, and I did worry about breaking the "rule" but it only sprinkled.  I figured that would be ok. 

Trails Rock!

flats I second what Holly S. said! Can I get invited to one of those soft openings? They sound delicious!

This morning I ran some on my own and some with the local Joggers Club. I was shooting for 14 miles and the Joggers Club was only going 9. The temperature was in the low 20's which is my lower limit for going outside to run. But 14 on the TM is pretty awful too! I am not sure what I would have done. Pout I guess. Suck it up and run like evanflein or Holly S. seems like something I would be unlikely to pick instead. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

flats

turtle runner eximious

Flats - I think you should head out for another .04 to make it a nice round number....  So you design restaurants - I am intrigued.  Can you tells us more about that?

Our church pastor is a football fanatic, so our church puts together quite a fun extravaganza of a Super Bowl church service.  We went to the 4pm service today and it was great fun, with a nice message tucked in as well.

Tomorrow I am volunteering at a local Frostbite 5-miler - about time I got off my butt and helped out around here....

I'm an architect, so I design many types of buildings. We are the pre-approved architect for some chain restaurants like Steak 'n Shake and Tim Hortons, but we also do standalone restaurants. I am also working a Brewhouse, and about to start construction on that one too. But I also do car dealerships, hotels, industrial buildings, office buildings, etc.

Michael

flats

turtle runner eximious

flats I second what Holly S. said! Can I get invited to one of those soft openings? They sound delicious!

This morning I ran some on my own and some with the local Joggers Club. I was shooting for 14 miles and the Joggers Club was only going 9. The temperature was in the low 20's which is my lower limit for going outside to run. But 14 on the TM is pretty awful too! I am not sure what I would have done. Pout I guess. Suck it up and run like evanflein or Holly S. seems like something I would be unlikely to pick instead. 

sorry, it was by private invitation only.

Michael

evanflein

Twocat, I'm proud of you! Well done and I envy your low 20's. Really.

14.1 miles in zero to +5° with a little breeze that got me worried about frostbite there for awhile. Did the first 8 miles, then stopped at DH's office and grabbed my balaclava, which for some reason I'd left behind at first. The next 6 miles were much more comfortable, but I was already kind of chilled. It cooled off fast as the sun got lower (not that we get much solar gain heat anyway) and my mitts started doing that freezing thing. Glad I wasn't trying for 20 today....

I've got to go back and check previous dailies... is Starr looking for a marathon?

You won't find anything about that, Erika. I don't know if I could do a marathon. Training for a half is pretty hard for me. If I ever decide to do one it would be the Twin Cities Marathon in October. I do look at the articles in RW to see if there are any interesting half marathons though.

i ran errands all day and never did get to the Y. I made chicken tortilla soup, cornbread, guacamole and chips for supper. We had DD1 over along with our nephew and his family. His wife is from Malaysia and they all traveled to see her family at Christmas. Ana and the 16 month old stayed almost two months and just got back Thursday. It is a 30 hour trip with various flights. Uff da! Ana had to fly to NYC in September to get her pMalaysian passport renewed!

Nice Che long runs for twocat, Erika, Holly, Mike and anyone else I forgot. Dave, have a great half tomorrow!

gotta go, have to finish a quilt I am working on before bed. Goodnight.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

That Flat, he is a pretty smart architect Smile.

Twocat, did you run inside or outside?

C-R nice run!

Enkie, so sorry I missed you this weekend, but my decision to not travel to Olympia was a good one. The weather is pretty nasty on the mountain passes.

Holly, nice 20 miler! Good luck at your volunteer event tomorrow.

Erika,  our lovely snow queen. I hope you enjoy your 14 miler.

ME? The snow is too good not to go skiing. So we went Xcountry skiing today for 4:30 hours. Great fun. We covered 11 miles. Tetsujin, we were thinking of you.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

It was raining.  I said to myself, so what?  It was my punishment for not running all week.  Funny how I enjoyed it though - not really punishment at all!

I don't think about running much when I'm not running which is what I wasn't doing this weekend but it was such a cold rain today that I was glad that if I'd gone running, it wasn't today.  Good job enkie.  Very impressive. Would've liked to have been with the posies, however, that's for sure.  thanks.

I think only Holly and erika are listed for a February marathon but, with a pre-race day expo,

does dave have one up his sleeve?  They mostly only have expos our there for marathons,

most triathons and some halfs.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

I'm an architect, so I design many types of buildings. We are the pre-approved architect for some chain restaurants like Steak 'n Shake and Tim Hortons, but we also do standalone restaurants. I am also working a Brewhouse, and about to start construction on that one too. But I also do car dealerships, hotels, industrial buildings, office buildings, etc.

Very cool!

Erika - very cold!

Mariposai - lovely!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."