Masters Running

Tuesday, 10.11.16 (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I hope everyone at the coastal meet-ups got back home safely, and are still enjoying the good times had.

Nice run, Stumpy, and welcome back - hopefully your injury is behind you.

Good 8-miler, Twocat, and good luck with your Indy training plan.

Congrats on 2 races sandwiching a meet-up dinner party, and hosting the VFs and Hally, LaT - busy weekend, but lot's o' fun, eh?

Wow - Aamos took a day off, sort of (just going for a walk instead of a run). Sounds like you need to stop looking up your injuries. On the other hand, it gives you thumbthing to do, doesn't it? Good follow-up to Jlynne's Tough Mudder.

I'm glad you're extending the Portland glow, Starr. You sure learned some interesting things about the city...

I woke up early (3:30ish) again this morning, lollygagged in bed for a few, and then got up and dressed to head out for a workout. I had about 6-7 miles in mind. But I have this knot in my glute/top o' my hamstring that had a different idea, and it won. Easy walking was a bit painful, but I finally started to get the knot a little stretched out by the time I bagged the walk after only about 2 1/4 miles (it was 39F out, and I was dressed for a workout, but not an easy walk, and was getting pretty chilly). After I got home, I did a lot of stretching, including rolling that spot on my lacrosse ball to ramp up the pain a little more. But it's all good, and hopefully I can get that 6-7 miles done tomorrow.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Congrats on 2 races sandwiching a meet-up dinner party, and hosting the VFs and Hally, LaT - busy weekend, but lot's o' fun, eh?

Very fun and ended it all with 2 hours of aikido - I think I see a rest day.

Jay - sorry to hear about the pesky know - hope that stretching and foam rolling help

Steve P - GL with the ice cream training for Honey and Tag!!!

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Hi Jay and Hi La T!

Happy Day to all.

Exciting game last night.

Not so exciting pain for me... MEA CULPA.  I should have listened to the doctor. After last Thursday's run, I took Leonidas for a walk and felt a snap at my surgery site. I have had pain ever since. Dagnabit.

My plan is to use ibuprofen and rest and ice until I can muster the humility to telephone the doctor.

Rats.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Sayhey! MM#130

Heelllooooo from Mudville

Well, ok, now I can give it up totally for the Cubbies. 

Great running this am.  A 10K for me.   It was STILL 72 at 8 am the radio said while I was getting ready for work.

And I think the thumb is improving.

Hope that's not a big setback Rosie my chum.

And back at it for me.   grins, A

....if it isn't a hurricane, it's the invaders...

Pearls Before Swine

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

evanflein

Funny, Amy! I love that strip.

RCG! Nooooo! Hope it's just a minor set back and you'll resume improvement soon. Drat.

LaTortuga deserves a rest day! That Aikido sounds hard, but good for you if it doesn't kill you!

Hey Dave59, where are you?

Here in Roanoke, VA and had time for a run so after poking around on web sites for parks, etc, I finally decided to ask the nice lady at the front desk. Turns out there's a Roanoke River Greenway that's easily accessible from a park just 3 miles from here. So, 7.2 miles along the river in nice sunshine and mild temps (upper 50's). A few miles were a bit too speedy so the overall average was about 8:10, but felt pretty good and I did stop a few times to read signs along the path describing the area and features of the river. I love playing tourist on my runs in new areas. Spent a couple hours this afternoon on work stuff (had to happen), so will probably venture over to the mall for a bit to waste some time until DH is done with his class.

We head home tomorrow. I'm glad I've caught up on most of my work e-mails so I won't be buried too much on Thursday! I miss my kitties.

Just popping in to say HI friends!!  I've been lurking and keeping up on FB!!  Sad to have to miss the East Coast gatherings, but couldn't pass up being in Maine for the last full weekend. Tons of fun full of lasts for the season .... last walk on the beach, last run in OOB, last campfire and so on and on and on!!  It's not like I won't see my campground family/friends during the year, but it is always a bit sad to see the season end. Now to tackle the endless projects at home that have been neglected.

oh - running - ya it's coming along nicely. Slowly increasing my miles and have had some pretty strong runs lately. Need to get back to more core/strength work to make sure things stay strong!! Sending strength and healing hugs to all who need it!!

Happy Tuesday my friends!!

denise

evanflein I always try to schedule my long runs for when I travel. Seeing a city, town or any new part of the world by foot is just a great way to sightsee. I remember once being on a trip and talking to an older guy who used to be a sub-3 hour marathoner. He could no longer run. When he heard I was going to go on a touring run he said that seeing the world that way was a unique experience and there was no substitute for it. So true.

deez4boyz closing shop for the summer is sad. I fear nothing good is coming! Snow, cold, ice . . . 

I got up. Saw it was 39° out and nearly passed out. What happened to the 50's and 60's? It went straight from 70+ to 39°! I have been cheated! Cheated! I yanked down my long running pants from their summer spot, put on a long sleeved shirt. Next I went downstairs got out my running vest and headband. Wiped the moths off of them and headed out for 14 miles. I will say that I am happy to be counting down the number of 10+ mile runs before my marathon in November.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Head Procrastinator

Fun trying to catch up on all the goings on here. Lots of fun watching the west coast meetup.

Ouch RCG, hope it's not as bad as you think.

LaT was a great hostess and Little Walter made sure everyone felt equally loved. He's such a sweet pup. We both wore our Rosie Ruiz shirts to Tufts 10K (which I finished albeit slower than I'd hoped but blaming it on lack of sleep and too much good food and wine) and wouldn't you know....the race shirts were the same color. I guess that is what we get for not picking them up ahead of time. All good though, LaT spotted me on the course with my yellow hat  and lilac compression sleeves and cheered me on as she was going quickly the other way then again at the finishl

Great seeing everyone Sunday evening, wish you could have come, Denise. Next time? Come to the hot chocolate 5K and hang Smile

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats