Masters Running

Thursdaily, 5.17.18 (Read 34 times)

TammyinGP

congratulations to your daughter Bioguy!  Amazing accomplishment!

short run after work. 3.2 miles.

had another scholarship night last night and david received a couple more awards. he's now up to 19,750 in scholarship money.  he left today with his coach for State tournament for tennis. Only person on the team to go so just he and coach. Starts playing tomorrow. 

gotta got! have a good night

Tammy

Quickadder

I have to put a training plan together for a former cross country runner from the school I coach at.  He's doing a 50k in October.  This will be fun.  

I hope that you will post the basics of the training plan here. I am signed up for my first 50K in October and wonder how different you would make the plan for someone 60+

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

evanflein

Bioguy, congrats to your DD Sarah (and you!), that's awesome.

Hope your leg continues to get better, runnerKSA. Enjoy your time off!

Tammy, that's great how David is collecting scholarship dollars. Are these one time/freshman year awards or are some continuing?

5.3 mostly easy miles tonight on tired legs. Mid-50's temps felt pretty chilly without any direct sun. This has been a cold spring. Sure hope it warms up eventually. By mid-May we're frequently having mid-70's temps but I think we've hit 71 once this year. Bleh.

...Congratulations bioguy//............you will now get Free Medical Advice for the rest of your Life......

and

not all of it asked for

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

TammyinGP

Bioguy, congrats to your DD Sarah (and you!), that's awesome.

Hope your leg continues to get better, runnerKSA. Enjoy your time off!

Tammy, that's great how David is collecting scholarship dollars. Are these one time/freshman year awards or are some continuing?

5.3 mostly easy miles tonight on tired legs. Mid-50's temps felt pretty chilly without any direct sun. This has been a cold spring. Sure hope it warms up eventually. By mid-May we're frequently having mid-70's temps but I think we've hit 71 once this year. Bleh.

With the exception of a 10K award he got, they are all applicable to first year only, non renewable. The 10K is split up to all 4 yrs, so while it's a huge amount, once you break it down to 2500/yr, it's a bit different. Still great. but it's not like it automatically covers 1/2 of his first years tuition.

Tammy

I am on St. John (USVI)

I was gonna say St. Lucia.  We experienced the same harrowing driving experience when we were there . . . .. cripes! 17 years ago!!   Time flies . . .

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance