Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 10.24.13 (Read 39 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  I've been trying to keep up in here, I have just had no time to post.

Tet--you crack me up...as do many others on here.  You guys really help me get through some days.  Thanks.

We had our Section Meet, today...of course I couldn't be there...but the boys took 1st and are heading to State.  Unfortunately, the girls took 8th and no individuals qualified for state, so their season is done...I guess I should have barked a little louder.  Next year, I really want to work with the girls more.

As far as my running goes...I go out very cautiously...really being aware of how my hip is doing...there's still some pain...but I think it will be okay.  Monday, I started the next phase of this program.  The speed work is done, now it's strength.  So Monday was a 2 mile easy warm up then 1 mile repeats at 6:30 with 1/4 mile recovery between each, followed by an easy 2 mile cool down.  Tuesday was a rest day.  Yesterday was a tempo workout--2 mile warmup--8 miles between 6:40 and 6:35--2 mile cool down.  Then, today, was an easy 7 miler.  So that's about it for running.

Oh--enke--yeah, I agree with whoever said it's "Door #3's" loss.  You know...after my wife dumped me, I tried for a couple years to find somebody else...then, one day, I decided to just forget it.  I was going to just raise my 3 kids and not worry about it.  Within a week, I met Debbie...my DW.  Anyway...it worked out okay for me...and you've got a whole more going for you than I ever did, so I'm sure it will work out for you, too.

Okay--I gotta get to sleep.  4:45 comes really early.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hey. Mo boy sitting atop picnic table on winding snake trail in west texas, hoping trail name is just figurative. Mo boy is intimidated by how well everyone else here is acquainted, which is nobody's fault but al gore, for creating internet. Mo boy therefore has taken to writing in third person. Although moot, since he likely is quarter mile from winding snake And his untimely demise.

Which of course would make him No Mo boy!!

Damn, wish I'd actually gotten this posted yesterday, because now I'm going to confuse everybody on the dailies!  But I couldn't resist ...

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.