Masters Running

Monday 10/26 recoveries of all kinds (((Baby Will))) (Read 412 times)

Mariposai

3 gentle miles in the rain thinking and praying for baby Will and his family.

I am so impressed with the race results we are having this fall. RA masters sure know how to kick buts. I am sure going to have a tough act to follow.

That tetsujin sure knows how to pick the pretties princesses to pose with.

CNY I sure looking forward to meeting you this Saturday.

Meeting the gentle taperer twocat is also in my top 10 list of things to do in NYC.

Busy day in posie kingdom, time to take care off the grocery list and have lunch with a gf.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Joining in on the prayers for Baby WIll.  I'm sure God will be there.

Way to run Walt!  Looking for that report.

<<yawn>> there's only one runway in the Cities so everything's delayed.  Just got in after midnight last night from the MCM.  It WAS a beautiful day for running!   D. ran the 10K and was 80 out of 146 in his AG, which is wonderful--he's making progress, and coming up from the ranks of the rear!  I qualified for Boston for 2011.  We had a great time in DC.......

........I saw Julia Child's kitchen, attention foodies!*

To the gym wiwth me!

grins,

A

* It's at the Smithsonian, for all the non-foodies.

Masters 2000 miles
      lamerunner

(((Baby Will))) That stuff is so hard when they are little. I am sure he is in good hands though.

Another run this morning, 5 miles. abolutely gorgeous morning. Legs felt a bit more normal, at least they seemed to recognize the activity, which was somewhat encouraging, especially after I biked  yesterday and did a very long elliptical Saturday.  Mnior achiness still in the foot but basically it seems ok.

I also swam 1500 at lunch.

It is much too nice out to work but there is work to be done!

To all coming to NYC for the marathon or are just in the area let me highly, and boy do I mean highly, recommend a trip to the New York Chocolate Show .  Here are the details about where and when. The tickets may seem pricey (ok they are pricey!) but there are so many free samples at the show that you will end up eating more chocolate than you ever thought possible!  Plus the stuff is truly exceptional.  Many of the world's top chocolatiers display and let you sample their wares.  It is one of my favorite eating fests of the year.

Metropolitan Pavilion
          125 West 18th Street - New York, NY 10011
          October 30th to November 1st

Friday, October 30: noon to 8pm
          Saturday, October 31: 10am to 8pm
          Sunday, November 1: 10am to 5pm

Now available for $28 per adult through ticketmaster
          The price will be $30 when purchased at the door
          General admission is free for kids under 5 and free for kids 5 to 12 with a 2 child per adult limit. The price for any additional child is $8.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

dg.

Twocat, yum.

Congrats Aamos, and a huge wtg for Dan. 

I finally caught up with Saturday's thread earlier, & there's were lots of things I wanted to comment on.  But I can't remember most of them right now.

More congratulations for Tim, Paul, & Walt!

Holly, (nice recovery (?) weekend!)... I did more or less what you did this morning.  mostly less ;-).   Monday is my usual rest day, so I thought I'd use it to work my way some new DVD's I haven't been able to make full use of yet.  This morning I tried a few new exercises that I really liked...   writing the alphabet with one foot/leg while balancing on the other.   (a good review, too.  -)  )    'Crawling'  forward.. that's what they call it but you're standing, & inching your way forward using only your toes.  then one for your quads, sitting with your back supported, you lift one leg, hold it & alternate rotating it medially & laterally.   All in all just about 30-40 minutes or so, but with breaks so still resting.

Nancy, thanks, I think I'm being careful.   Since I didn't run it hard, I don't think I need to typical kind of recovery that they recommend.  Some, since I do get tired more easily.   But I can get tired on any run... I don't know where the line is between recovery &  just being a wimp, in my case.      

Lots of yard clean up today, so beautiful out there.   Mary, I think we get your rain tomorrow.    The red raspberries are cleaned up but I don't know what I'm supposed to do with the black ones.  and anyway, they're meaner.  worth it, though.   I want them to come back next year so I'd better figure it out. 

off to do a couple of errands, I wanted to wait until it was dark. 

Erika, it's pretty hard to imaging you doin nuthin.   ... I think the 3 lbs. are fake.  I'm fighting the fluffies myself, hoping it's also a figment of my imagination.      I like your 'pinging over the ether'.   oh, & bio break.  that's perfect!

Carolyn, 11F is just too cold.   I'm glad you at least get to alternate a little.  Your foot's ok? 

... thanks Steve.   Jeanne I hope everything is going well

SteveP

Prayers out to baby, his loved ones and care givers.

SteveP

3 slow miles early this morning in clear, cold, dark conditions.  Just how we like it!

I have been worried about baby Will all day.  Hope things went OK....

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Hugs and prayers for baby Will and family.

Congrats, Aamos.

Twocat - the chocolate show sounds awesome.  I used to work with a woman who's family owned a candy business and her dad and brother went to Europe every year or so to a candy show - what a tough gig.

I think I'm still feeling the effects of the flu.  No major symptoms, just still really tired.  Started running again last week and am sticking to the schedule, but I have no "umph" whatsoever.  Flu spread like wild fire through the little kids in my school then hit 8th grade last week - lots o' sick 7th graders can't be far behind.  Here's hoping I've at least got some resistance now.

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

spacityrunner

Prayers for the baby and his family.

4 in 47...nice warm evening, lots of other runners out there tonight.

Good runs and good evening everyone...

Trails Rock!

great races yesterday!!

twocat - that show sounds yummy -- will our marathoners have time to go after the race? cant imagine indulging (overindulging in my case) and then have a marathon to run!

praying for baby Will - hope surgery went well  ((Will and family))

3 zippy miles for me today with a friend - was walking out the door just as she was running by so was an unexpected pleasure to have company........8:30, 8:52 and 8:39  - felt great!

tomorrow heading up to Stow, VT with a friend for 2 nights - she won a week at the Von Trapp Family Lodge and her dh didnt want to take the time off work so her and I are going for a couple nights - looking forward to some peaceful girl time but right now making comfort food to leave the menfolk!!

denise

King of PhotoShop

A little run by the Ohio River in Cincinnati this morning, which was wonderful.  The city is all excited about the team with the terrible pajamas as uniforms.  Good for them, bad for Bears fans.  Good session of work today.

Then I have to work in Columbus, OH tomorrow but staying in a hotel in Dublin, OH.  What is with this place?  It's so bizarre!  I told my son it's like Tuxedo Park with a Domino's.    Tomorrow is a full work-day then Good-bye Columbus.  Spareribs

A prayer from me for Baby Will.  

I enjoyed going swimming for the first time in 15 or more years.  At our fitness club in town, we have a brand new lap pool, and a smaller one too.  Beautiful pools and changing areas.  I ran a 5K race on Sat., Sun. off, and just swam for a while today.   Felt soooo good.

Hello everyone. Just checking in with an update on Will. His surgery went well - they switched the pulmonary artery and aorta with no complications, moved his coronary arteries and closed the hole they made last week to help him breath. That little guy is a scrapper - the surgeon was so pleased with the results that he decided to close Will's chest instead of leaving it open for 48 hours. He still has the pacing wires attached, but apparently they are so thin that the doc can just pull them out. We got to see him for about 2 seconds as they wheeled him out of the surgical arena and he was pretty sedated. They'll keep him that way for the next 24 to 48 hours. He's still intubated, has a line in his chest for drainage, and an IV in his hand for nourishment/meds etc.  We're hoping that because they closed his chest today, that may mean his stay at the hospital may be shortened a day or two.

The kids were a wreck when we got there this morning. They had moved Will from the NICU to the CICU (cardiac intensive care unit) last night because there were too many babies in the NICU. Little Will was restless all night and the kids couldn't leave him, so they never ate or slept. Knowing that he came through the surgery well and will be sedated for the rest of the night, I told them to go back to the Ronald McDonald House and get some much needed sleep.

You guys are the best. I am so overwhelmed with the prayers, support and love that you've so graciously given to a family you don't even know. It's been such an emotional day - God bless all of you, and I hope that some day I can repay you for your kindness.

You guys are the best. I am so overwhelmed with the prayers, support and love that you've so graciously given to a family you don't even know. It's been such an emotional day - God bless all of you, and I hope that some day I can repay you for your kindness.

JLynne - This has been my first chance to check in, and I am so, so happy things are going well for Wee Little Will.  I hope his entire family is able to get the rest that you all  will need over the next few weeks to support one another as he recovers.

And we know your family because we know you, and here, we're all family. You have prayed for and supported many of us in our times of need, and you know the ole saying, "What comes around goes around" - even the really good stuff.

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

That's right, Jlynne, we're all here for you and your family. Poor sweet little baby! Hope he has a good night and the road to recovery is clear. I'm just amazed at what the surgeons are able to do now. Good grief. Just think if he'd been born 50 years ago, or less. He's in good hands. I hope his poor frazzled parents are able to get some rest. They need to be good to go too!

40 minutes of pool running tonight, and then the real workout began... the drive home! Geez, here it is late October and people are driving like they've never seen snow. It took me about 8 turns of the stoplight to get through the intersection by the army post. The next 5 stoplights weren't much better.