Masters Running

Friday March 26 Running, Crazy Dreams, Etc. (Read 485 times)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

nono,

It looks like it will be cold on Sunday!  What are you going to wear?

I think I'll wear pants.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

One lady, though, drives me nuts.  She's the only person I know who has perfected the ability to keeping talking even when she's breathing in, eating, drinking, whatever.  And she has a sing-song voice.  . . . . no jury, upon hearing her, would convict me of causing her great bodily harm.

There are two women who go to the Y at the same time I'm there. They ALWAYS get on the treadmills next to me, no matter if all of the other ones are empty.  As soon as their feet touch that treadmill belt, the yaps open up and go non-stop for however many miles they're walking that day. Can't even tune 'em out with my Ipod. They drive me nuts - how can you possibly have so much to talk about at 5:00 AM? Give it a rest, ladies!  Then there's the guy who uses the elipticals quite often. Not once have I ever seen him wipe a machine down when he gets off. Hello - do you not sweat? Do you not have germs? Do you not have any consideration for anyone else?

Sorry, I sound kinda crabby, don't I?

Which marathon is Spareparts doing?  I am sure he will smoke it.

As the saying goes ( from Mustang Sally), after every carpy run comes a good run.  So my run was much better today.  5 miles, mostly sunny and quite windy.

I tried out a new fanny pack.  Once it got down near my knees and another runner coming the other way was staring at me, I decided to stop and re-adjust it.  I think I'll go back to my old ripped up one.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Sorry, I sound kinda crabby, don't I?

You sound like me last night.  As soon as that round of rolling was over, I immediately got up and went to another table with two ladies who understand the pain and I said, "Just shoot me.  Just frigging shoot - me!"  (Of course, out of earshot of the yapper.)  Ends up they had to plan Safe & Sober with her last year.  It's my understanding the two of them consumed large amounts of wine as a coping mechanism - which is totally contrary to the whole Safe & Sober thing.  She is the definition of  "driven to drink."  Look it up in Websters.  There's a picture of her.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

I'd be proud to be dAAve's dAAd

me too.       that would be quite a trick for us wouldn't it Rosie!     :-)

Anyway, Doug,  age-wise, dAAve's a Boomer-Junior.   

Thanks Sue.  Be careful with your agility, ok?     Also thanks for the tip.... the couch is much better than the chair.  But I wish they made quick-release duct tape.  this is getting old.    (me going nuts?  oh my no) Wink

Leslie & Jeanne.... those 3 ladies go to my gym too.

Enke, glad you had a good run.         despite your slippery fanny pack.      I can't remember which marathon.  I know he told us. 

Renee the dog

Checking in with a pasta load stupor.  The 3 of us (two being 6 & 3 years old) ate a lb. of spaghetti for dinner!   I swear, I only had 1/2 of the lb.! 

OK so I ran on the TM with my gold toe socks on...gives me a way to keep a lift under my shorter leg.  So no "mill burn."

Also, my two blood blisters on my toes are not hurting anymore. I guess two toes are much less than I'm normally dealing with for my crooked body!  That's been the beauty of this (slightly-under) training cycle: I have no major issues!  Two toes.  Eh!

Rosie, I think I'm going with shorts, long sleeve shirt, and possibly hat and gloves.  I have a huge problem going over 10 with pants. And, my tights are suddenly giving me chafe spots in very strange areas!

Hope Ribs has a super-great weekend.  Thanks for telling us -- I didn't see it on Ilene's list!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Spareparts... that's funny.

He's doing the A2A Arbuckles to Ardmore Marathon sponsored by Wa5yom (Tim's - former CR) running club.

http://www.a2amarathon.com/

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

I'd be proud to be dAAve's dAAd

Right about that, but not so proud to be told that I look like I'm old enough!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

evanflein

Aw Roch, don't take it so hard. dAAve's got that youthful mischievous look about him, you could've had him when you were a teen, right?

I believe it was Tetsujin who refers to Spareribs as "Spareparts." I think it's hilarious.

Good gym workout at lunch, 21 minutes (2.3 miles) on the elliptical and 20 minutes of weights. Only did two sets of the weighted lunges though, my quads seem to be a touch sore from Wednesday's tempo run. Still hoping to get to the pool tonight, but we'll see how that works out.

Mariposai

I miss you guys so much this week. My week was wasted with preparing for a trip to Spokane, traveling there, attending a conference and meetings and traveling back home. I am glad that now I won't have any work related traveling until August.

Oh, it is so good to see our lovely rosie here.

In the midst of traveling I ran 31 miles this week. This is that loonggg run weekend. Wish me luck.

I hope to catch up to RRs this weekend.

deezeee congrats on your 50th birthday. Here is your belated birthday cake.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

oh my goodness --- this is so beautifulthank you for the EARLY birthday cake dear one -- my b-day is actually tuesday 3/30, but my dh and family have a party planned for tom.night (sat) -- looking forward to spending the evening with family and friends!!   thank you!!

deezeee congrats on your 50th birthday. Here is your belated birthday cake.

denise