Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 9.6.12 (Read 403 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

fatozzig busier than a one legged man at a butt kicking contest?  Now there is an expression you do not hear every day!

A variation on the "one-armed paper hanger".

Nice long run, 2Cat.

Roch--Wave to all us New Englanders as you pass through.  it was 50's at night in southern Maine last weekend and mid-70's during the day--approaching perfect weather as far as I'm concerned.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Tselbs - You and I can pace off each other.  Smile

TK - Those are the types of expressions you hear growing up when your parents are from OK and TX.

Tammy - Congrats to David!

8 miles this a.m. with 3 tempo miles embedded in the middle (8:50, 8:46, 8:46).  Those paces are still too fast for me for a tempo run as I don't think I could hold any of them for 3 solid miles or an hour.  Will get there with practice.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

roachrunner how do you find these things out about your long ago relatives!

TwoCat, you don't want to get me started on genealogy. In short, I'm fortunate to have had family that lived in the right times and places to be better documented than most, but it's still been a lot of work to put it all together. Not the Mayflower or anything like that, but my earliest ancestors on these shores came here in the mid-1600s.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

SteveP

A picture would be nice Holly.

It sounds exciting Doug. Take layers..You can always tie your jacket around your waist.

TomS, you are in a league of your own in a good way.

a couple of miles with DW and two dogs.

DD#3 got a kewl bonus at work. It was a competition to name and design a new promo. I din't know who her influences are.

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dear Holly,

Have erika show you some bunny boots

in case it gets too cold up there.

==========

Today's was 9:49.  I'm not in the same league with most of you but I was happy.

TomS 

wow, you're out of mine that's for sure.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Bushrat Runner

Six miles this evening with DD and dog. 

DD wanted to bike, so the first hour wasn't running, it was trying to get the stupid bike to work...why she decided to bike this time I don't know, but somebody at my house needs to do some routine maintenance. It seems like the only maintenance I keep up on is on the airplane. Priorities I guess.

Forgot to mention...Tet, or some other random person, sent me a screenshot of a nav system over Cold Bay on the way to Japan...sorry Tet, my nav system is fine but I can't carry enough fuel to visit you there...

evanflein

I really wonder where Leslie finds those avatar shots. Ok... maybe not.

Carolyn, I really should hate you for those gorgeous race photos you take, but just can't. Congratulations on a great race and another awesome photo. Look at you... you look like you just finished a trot around the park!

Great pictures of your adorable son, Tammy. He's got a great future of running ahead of him. Hope the smoke clears. Believe me, I know how awful that can be.

Another rainy cool day here. I didn't get out at lunchtime but hoped to get off early for a run. Nope... it was after 5, and the wind had picked up a lot. I got drizzled on a bit, but kept to the flat trail behind campus to avoid the wind. When I got back to my building to do my walk c/d, the wind was so fierce I said forget it... so... 6.1 miles @ 8:17 avg, slower on the way out (up), faster on the way back (down). Funny how that works. Roll eyes

I was looking at my log from last year and realize there's no way I'll repeat that week. Oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter... but I had some excellent runs the week before Equinox last year, but this year I'll be heading out Saturday night for a conference and very little time for running. I'll be doing my Sunday long run on Saturday, and probably won't get a Sunday run in at all. I realize I've increased the miles from the original Higdon plan quite a bit, and whether I do 32 or 36 or 41 miles the week before the marathon really doesn't matter. I'm just a worrywart I guess. But hey! The long range weather forecast looks better!

Marathon Maniac #957

Tammy - great photos of your speedy son!~

Erika - I hope you don't mind the fact that you'll be waiting at the end for me for quite a while.  I intend to stop and take photos at all the overlooks...I mean, how often will I get to Alaska?  Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Dear Holly,

Have erika show you some bunny boots

in case it gets too cold up there.

.........uh-oh,

you're in for some Adolation.......... 

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....