Masters Running

November 2019 Masters' Miles (Read 24 times)

an amazing likeness

Monthly summary for October added to the October topic here.

November is the latest month of 2019 to pass into the rear view mirror; taking with it the last of autumn weather, sunlit evening or morning runs, and the comfort of Thanksgiving. Runs through the neighborhood are a trip through a terrestrial evergreen slowly being decorated as outside holiday lights start filling in the dark roadsides....each day there are a few more twinkling to light the way.  From the daily reports, many of us in the northern climes are renewing relationships with snow, snow shovels and blowers and the treacherous footing.

Time to post those hard-earned and masterly-run November miles, race results and running achievements! You trotted with turkeys, stuffed in the miles run, walked, cycled and swum, let's hear about 'em and celebrate 'em.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Quickadder

After no-one hit a prime in October, I'm claiming a double in November with 167 miles for the month and 1289 miles YTD.

No races in November, but my highest ever monthly mileage and helped my team get into the final of the annual mileage game.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

BTY

23.35 miles of swimming in November.   No running miles.  23 miles is without a doubt my highest mileage ever for a month of swimming.  Just over 41,000 yards.  Caloric expenditure from November 1 to 30 not even close to the caloric intake from November 28 to 30.

Brian

Tramps

Thanks, milktruck.  I'm still hoping you'll pop into the daily and let us know how retirement is treating you.

61 running miles (with a few hiking miles in there)

141 on the bike

This is like golf, right? Low score wins?

Be safe. Be kind.

TammyinGP

I started out strong in November but then lost my mojo the 2nd half and only ended up with 86.3 miles

Tammy

Joe618

Fantastic photo, milktruck!  Makes me long for a good trail race!  And, I ditto Tramp's suggestion...would love to have you on the dailies!

I ran 157 miles in November, my best month since March, when I was peaking for Boston.   Better, I really enjoyed all those miles and am enjoying running as much as ever. 

And 157 is prime...and I guess really a cool prime from what I see on the interwebs: 

157 is: the 37th prime number. The next prime is 163 and the previous prime is 151, with which 157 forms a prime triplet. a balanced prime, because the arithmetic mean of those primes yields 157.

Who knew??  I sure didn't.

Races:   Ran the Monumental Marathon in Indy (slowly, but happily) plus TWO turkey trots on Thanksgiving morning. 

A good month running. 

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

I totally get that.  70.7 miles.

I started out strong in November but then lost my mojo the 2nd half and only ended up with 86.3 miles

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

evanflein

Low month for me at 154.7 miles, but I'm on track for the 2k miles for the year goal. Finding it hard to get the running mojo going with winter fully settled in and work being so busy. So it goes.

Brian, that Go the Distance app... some of those swimming totals are just mind boggling. As it is, your 23+ miles from November are just crazy...

coastwalker

Hi Milktruck,

Thanks for the thread and the photo again this month. How's retirement?

151 RW miles for Nov.

Free Fall Classic 5K - 3rd, AG

Jingle Bell 5K - 1st, AG

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

35.4 only ran 6 times

this week plan on running 3 times

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks milktruck...sorry I'm late.  I didn't do a whole lot in November.

NOV: 133

YTD: 2162

pfriese

Thanks milktruck.

November: 22 miles!

Spoiler alert December mileage will be even less.

Paul

SubDood

Thanks, milktruck!

November: 120.5 miles

2019 YTD: 2,515.0 miles

2 races in November: (1) a first 6K XC race on Nov 10th, so an automatic PR; (2) a second 6K XC race on Nov 17th, another PR (24:06), and 3rd AG. More mud than all other races combined.

an amazing likeness

+ November delivered 6  prime runners from a light 13 entries.

+ MikeE and SubDood bracketed the median and will have to split this month's prize money!

+ YOY average is down to 111 vs 135 in 2018

Runner Nov '19 Prime! Notable Notes
                              BTY -- ! 23.35 swimming miles!!!
                              milktruck 169 . 3AG half mar
                              Quickadder 167 ! monthly miles PR
                              Joe618 157 ! Marathon & 2x turkey trots; just routine
                              evanflein 155 . running down the 2K pace bunny
                              coastwalker 151 ! 3AG & 1AG in two 5Ks
                              Mike E 133 .  
                              SubDood 121 . two 6K XC races, lots of mud, both PRs
                              TammyinGP 86 . strong start for the month
                              Opie 71 !  
                              Tramps 61 ! plus 141 bike miles
                              Healthrunner 35 .  
                              pfriese 22 .  
                              average 111 . .
                              median 127 . .
                              #prime   6 .

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.