Masters Running

Come back from cancer (Read 43 times)

coastwalker

Hi SLOjim,

Welcome back, and HUGE congrats on being in remission, having a great positive attitude and impressive determination, finding a new PT who'll support your return to running, and on your upcoming 70th birthday this year!

Hope to see you posting here more often.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Joe618

Hi SLOjim!   We've not had the chance to meet but I'm happy to meet you.

Way to persevere. 

Glad to have you in the discussions!!

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Notne

SLOjim - you are the biggest frig*in' inspiration, you are amazing. Thank you for your OP - I will mentally put it on my bathroom mirror and think of you every time I see it!

That stroller idea sounds good to me too, but your PT would be the best one to discuss that with.

You are The Man!!

Great to hear your positive outlook!  I hardly ever post here so I'm glad I saw this and agree with the others about the awesome meetups we used to have.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

SteveP

Way to persevere SLOjim. I admire your determination. Racing with grandkids in a stroller is fun.

SteveP

Thanks everyone for the welcome back!

I will try the stroller idea and if I'm ever back on the trails, I will try the poles. Doctors keep saying the nerve damage will improve but they don't say when!

I have to say, I think running and being in good shape really helped me battle cancer. I'm so happy to be back running and exercising. Not sure how much I'll be racing... but I do love that rush at the starting line