Masters Running

master runners and drugs? (Read 187 times)

Maniac 505

One of the former cool runners, and a regulers on Kick posted a link to this thread on facebook, and on kick

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/19/us/19athletes.html?_r=1

apparently,  some 70-99 YO master runners are using performance enhancing drugs to win there age groups!!!

is it really that improtant???

I haven't had a chance to look at your link, but good grief!  You really have to be desperate to go that far.  And in answer to you question, no.  Nothing is so important that I would jeopardize my well being for it.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks for the link dave.

sorry commentary though to take drugs just for to beat other AG'ers.

hope they get banned.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tramps

I thought this thread was gonna be another Woodstock retrospective.  Boy, am I sick of those! 

ETA: I read it; interesting piece, though it sounds like they were fishing for a scandal story that isn't really there.

You gotta love this: "Mr. Levine has just graduated into the 95 to 99 class, which he views as an advantage since he is now the kid in the bracket. “It makes you look forward to getting older,” he said." 

Be safe. Be kind.