Masters Running

Thursday's Daily 19 September 2013 (Read 48 times)

Tramps

Let me add my sympathies.

Even when you know it's coming, it's still quite a blow.  You can feel good about your work to help ensure that her wish to be at home when the time came was fulfilled.

Be safe. Be kind.

{{{{{{{holly}}}}}}}}}

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

wildchild

Carolyn

I'll add my condolences, too, Holly.  I know you've had some issues with your mom, but I think it all worked out in the end that you reconnected with her and were there for her at the end, and I'm sure she appreciated it.  Hugs to you and your family.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Oh Holly, sending you and your family lots of love.  She passed over at home and that's so important. It's never easy and yet I hope you will draw on the fact that she is no longer suffering.

with deepest condolences, K

SteveP

Holly. I'm very sorry to hear of your mother's passing. Prayers for strength and healing.

SteveP

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Oh Holly, I'm so sorry for your loss. {{{Holly and family}}}

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

me too holly.

Thanks for sharing.

Don't forget that your running is a part of your relationship with your mother.

Even though there were other runners all around me, an upcoming marathon allowed me time alone away from the other distranctions of those initially confusing day to reflect of memories from me "skiing" on dad's shoulders when I was 2yo to him thinking my last sub-four (3:59:13) during a visit in his last years meant I was a three hour marathoner.  Hope you can find time for you too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Holly: My condolences to you and your family.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Mike E

MM #5615

I'm very sorry, too, Holly.  I'll continue to keep you in my prayers.

Mariposai

Holly, please know I have you and your family in my heart and prayers!

10 miles after work tonight.  Three miles with the Easy Pacer and 7 miles being chased by zombies!

Ohhh the moon is sure preparing to be a showy harvest moon this weekend!

Shine on, harvest moon!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

took advantage of this year's early harvest moon for a four mile run into her and moonlght swim through a silver world of iredescent shimmering on the lake.. It's not like it's in this world. .

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

So sorry about your mom, Holly, but so good that she could go on her own terns.

We had snow Tuesday night and Wednesday morning! Bleh... it melted by the end of the day though, and Wednesday evening I went out for a 4 mile easy run. Ears got cold... Today was partly cloudy but chilly, and a rest day. Tomorrow I'll go in to work for just a little bit to finish up a project, then go get a haircut (finally!) at 11. I'll prolly run 2 easy miles and that's it. Forecast doesn't include rain or snow, but temps in the upper 20's for the start. Brrr. I don't think I've ever done a race this cold... dressing for this one will be a challenge. Did Greg McMillan offer anything for marathons in freezing temps? Thinking about what to wear for this one....

Bushrat Runner

Drive-by to give Holly a hug...carry on...

{{{{{{{holly}}}}}}}}}

Sorry for your loss Holly!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.