Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP W/E Feb 8 (Read 382 times)

nowor

Dark Horse- 3 mi + 1 mi elliptical, 50 pushups, 100 situps, 30 leg curls, 30 arm curls. 30 lats, Every bit counts Dg- ANOTHER SUPER WEEK In her own words: "22.4 miles running, 30.16 minutes on the bike, 30.2 min. on the elliptical, 3 hrs. weight training, uncharted walking, & i haven't been mentioning that I always do verstegen's movement prep before I run. usually just about 10 minutes. Anybody else do 'active stretching' type things before you run? do you think it helps?" Dutchie- 51.9K apparently. Wow. That's a bit much. Wow is right! EGH3-33.3 miles, 3.5 miles on elliptical, strength trained twice. Lots of stretching. Keep being kind to your shins. eliz- ran 10.0, walked 3.0, XT 3 times; pitchers and catchers report for spring training in 2 weeks!!!! Ah Feb Fever evanflein- 52.1 miles run, 2 x strength training (about an hour), 2.4 miles walked, great mix of TM and BRRR mi + strength work evryday- 25 mi (4 on nordic track) Getting back into it! fatozzig- 19 mi + core and upper body + endoscopy. Congrats on having a diagnosis. Enjoy the SB lyndenrunner- Running and Recharging nowor- 6 mi+ core, strength and yoga classes and shoveling that which cannot be named pfriese- 43.2 mi Finished week w/ nice 3:58 marathon time. Congrats! tetsujin- (Traveling)
      Thanks nowor. Mon....rest.........rest Tues...6miles.......6miles Wed...6 miles.........no run Thurs..rest.............no run Frid....6miles.........no run Sat....rest................6 miles Sun...15miles........9miles Total....21 miles
      Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

"older but not dead yet"

Can I get in on this? I'm a newbie here (60 yrs. old) Mon - 6.2 done but very tired Tues. - 7.3 on snowy trails which was a mistake with all the ice Wed. - 0 needed a mental rest day Thur. - 5 not bad considering there was a lot of that crunchy snow on the surface Fri. - 6 Sat. - 3 Sun. - 10 and maybe some gym workouts on M,W, F ? Alex
        Seeking the interface between the cerebral and the visceral.
          Welcome abelisle
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            Welcome, Abelisle. The more the merrier. Thanks, Nowor for getting us started again. Let us know if and when you're ready for someone else to take the lead. However, channeling my best Forrest Gump, "You're doin' a fine job." Mon - 30 min stationary bike; 1 hr core/strength Tues - 6 miles w/some speed work, 10:16 ap (speed: run hard 2 blocks, recover 2 blocks) Wed - 3 miles, 9:28 ap Thurs - 3 miles, 9:33 ap (was suppose to do 4, but misread my Garmin Roll eyes ) Fri - Rest Sat - Clam Beach Run 8 3/4 miles . . . . 1:26:18 Sun - Rest Total Miles: 20.75

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

EGH3-33.3 miles, 3.5 miles on elliptical, strength trained twice. Lots of stretching. Keep being kind to your shins.
              will do Smile. Plan for this week is to just listen to the body, lower legs in particular, and see what I can do: Mon: Spinning class. Hadn't done one in a while. It was fun but man, hadn't worked those muscles in a while. Finished with core work, shin strengthening (wall push-ups) and stretching Tues: Weights, light cycling and/or elliptical, shin strengthening/stretching Wed: Spinning, core, shin strengthening and stretching Thurs: tbd - maybe a swim? and the boring shin work Fri: Weights, light elliptical or maybe a short jog on the TM if there's no pain? Sat: tbd Sun: tbd Ended up taking Wed & Thurs off but did a 45 minute circuit training session today. Still no running and likely will give it another week.

evanflein

Thanks, Nowor. I've got last week all totaled and done. Here we go with another week and a new month to boot. Monday: Ended up with a rest day Tuesday: 5.34 progressive pace run on the TM, .4 mile walk w/u and c/d Wednesday: 9.7 miles run with 4 tempo miles in the middle (7:54), .66 mile w/u and c/d Thursday: 5 miles, easy pace; .4 mile walk w/u and c/d Friday: 3 miles, easy pace; .4 mile walk Saturday: 12.5 miles of hills, 8:42 avg pace (actual paces per mile were all over the place!) Sunday: 17 miles, 8:59 avg pace, tired legs, glad that one is done. Totals: 52.5 miles run, 1.86 miles walking that I measured, and nothing else. Need to get back to weights/core at least a little bit!
                  EG - Another good shin strengthener is to walk around on your heels, toes up in the air. You should have your knees slightly bent and your rear end will be sticking out. You'll look like a duck, hence, the duck walk. Start out at 1 min and work your way up to 2 or 3 min.

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Hi everyone, thanks Nowor for starting this again. Not sure I can match that high mileage I did last week, but I'll give it a try. Mon...chest/back+abs---------------------------->nothing to report. Slept till 7AM. Tue....60min easy run-----------------------------> 10K easy run on the TM. No I'm not that fast. Took me 65 minutes. Felt easy and comfortable. Wed..60min easy run+self defense class---> while putting on my street shoes yesterday I did something to my L-foot. It hurt like h$#ll all day yesterday and I've been limping around. So far it feels better this morning, though still painful. Skipped my run, sigh, and did the chest/back I was supposed to do Monday. Skipped self defense class. Foot got progressively worse as the day wore on. Thought it better to get of my feet. Thu....40min easy run+shoulders+abs-------> foot feels better, no longer really painful just "noticeable". Did Shoulders and abs this morning. And was online quite a bit Smile Fri.....LB---------------------------------------------->crappy week for me. Very severe muscle spasm in my back this morning at 9AM right before I was supposed to go to a meeting. Lay on the floor of the office for two hours while colleagues were organising strong enough painkillers and a muscle relaxant drug. They drove me home. Doctor prescribed diazepam. It worked like a charm but left me falling asleep a couple of times, dizzy and feeling sick. Colleague who had to take my place in the meeting is apparently very angry. Like I enjoyed what happened to me ;( First sick day in a year, sigh. Sat....45min easy+triceps/biceps------------->Back feels better. At least I can move slowly without a lot of pain. Think I'll take one more diazepam and then throw out the rest. Sun...2h15 long run-------------------------------->Wanted to run on the TM, but my boys are guarding it. They don't want me running today, not till my back is fully recovered. My oldest is doing this sports education training. He's already a certified assistant coach for soccer, basketball, rugby, etc. His focus till Summer is on fitness. He'll be a certified fitness instructor by then. His main goal however is physical therapist. Which is good right, with his mom getting injured all the time Wink Total mileage: a pathetic 10K, sigh.

Dutchie
                    Run the day, or the day runs you.

Welcome, Big AL. Not sure about miles this week. Going to NYC tomorrow evening, and snow in the forecast again tomorrow and Wednesday. Will definitely go to the gym if ground is icy/snowy, but not sure I'll manage more than 3 miles at a time on the TM. Monday - ran 3.0; walked 1.0; yoga later; could/would have run longer, but askeert of black ice after dark Shocked Tuesday - strength and power yoga at home while watching even more snow fall Smile Wednesday - heavy on snow, short on time - cardio, stretching, and weights at home Thursday - short on both time and energy, so rest Friday - travel day - rest Saturday - ran 5.5; walked 1.0 Sunday - ran 7.0; walked 1.0 Totals - walked 3.0; ran 15.5 (!!); a little more XT than usual - a greta week for me considering my schedule and the weather Smile Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

dg.

I'll try to keep ahead of the game this time. Nowor.. thanks again for doing this,, & thanks again for being so encouraging. am sending in your behalf vibes to bar the substance that can't be named which has to be shoveled henceforth from your area. Al... welcome! I don't think there's an over 60 sub-group... but there is an over 50 version over on Active. I qualify, but I don't play there. They're scary. But they're extremely fine runners. ok. this week: Mon.: 1/2 hr. assorted strength training throughout the day, including a new pt type butt strengthener. Tues: 4.14 miles, 9:47 pace, .59 mile walk, 10 min. movement prep, 11.06 on the bike, 14:02 on the elliptical, 20 min. /2 sets lower body weight machines, 10 min. stretching. Wed:.. 5.38 miles at 9:30 pace, .7 mile walk, movement prep(8 min)(ish), 12 min. on the arc trainer, 25 min. strength training...1 set upper body weights, stab. ball reverse crunches, side planks, russian twists, SR hammie curls. Thurs:... I get massage therapy for my hamstrings & piriformis (the focus now, anyway).. that was this morning. before that I did an hour plus a little of the injured runner dvd, verstegen's prehab, wall touches & clamshells. thought it might be good to do that before the massage. Yes? because I don't really know. Then sat on ice to drive to work. siting on it still. ice is nice. Fri.:... usual w/u, c/d. 5/45 miles, 9:12 pace. 2 sets lower body weight machines, & side planks, 1.5 min. each side. stretched. no more time. too chatty today. Plus I had to change my shoes... wore Brooks Adrenalines because supposedly the Frees are so bad for me... but my shins hurt so I got my Frees back. yippee. Sat:... a rest day. just 10 min. of callanetics side bends & abs. Sun:... little walk & movement prep, then 10.01 miles, 9:33 pace. 25 min. on the elliptical. just 3 upper body weight machines, 1 time. not sure how long that took. stretched & then whirpooled. tempted to go back for more of that. still need to make a plan. hard to know just what to do. (... still waiting on the plan. ;/)
                        nowor

Mon-6 mi, 40 * nice T-strength and core classes + 1 hr fluffy shoveling W Th Fr S
                          pfriese

Nowor, thanks for the summations & summaries. M - travel day - done T - rest day - done W - 7.75 mile run - done Th - 7.75 mile run - done F - 7.5 mile run - done Sa - rest day - done Su - 16 mile run - done ___________________________ Total - 39 miles running - Done Paul
                            dg.

((( Dutchie! ))) that is too much for one week! your foot then your back. I hope they're both better soon. Very cool boys you have there. Any idea what is going on with your back? or your foot?