Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 8.31.17 (Read 33 times)

mrrun

yea for good news - twocat and paulf and less pain for fatozzig and vacation for mike

good coffee is a requisite to starting the morning right.

4+ miles this morning only 8 hours ago, but it seems like yesterday - it's been a long day

marj

I wish I could drink more coffee 'cause I like it a lot, but after one cup I become a jittery mess or a babbling idiot  . . . or both. 

The Hub was in his happy place earlier this evening - on the couch with Rocky Road ice cream watching college football. 

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

... is a sophomore and is going through that stupid girl stuff. 

Ok, so you do realize the majority of posters on this site are women, so we've probably all gone through "that stupid girl stuff" in one manner or another. I have to say, that I'm not sure what the hell you're talking about. Most girls today go through "that stupid girl stuff" a lot earlier than we did many years ago. Unless you're talking about general attraction to boys, which I must say, most boys go through "that stupid boy stuff" and seem to come out ok. I cry foul here, and say something else is going on.

Glad to hear that, twocat, and hope it's a good (as in valid) prognosis. I also would like to know what got you thinking there was a problem, as this seems a pretty rare thing.

Hope the smoke clears up for you, Tammy.

Jay, I got a message from my boss today "Good job on the Lockton meeting!" so I guess I did ok. She's hard to read though, and follow through is all important so we'll see how the next few months go.

Speaking of that... she's in her mid-40's and the same age or slightly older than most of our other directors in my office. She keeps talking about 5-10 year strategic plans that we need to be doing. Frankly? I've got less than 3 years before I'm out of there, so I have a real hard time getting all excited about this stuff. Trying to play the game and get things in order for a smooth transition for my replacement, whoever that might be, but it's not easy.

11.1 trail miles today, a little more than planned. Got half mile out and realized I forgot my office building key, so had to go back. I hide it behind a big rock in some landscaping west of my building, but if I didn't have it I'd have to call the data center guys to let me in. Nope, went back, got the key and stashed it. So I was a mile into my run before I even really started. Took the shorter but harder return trip back up the actual Equinox course to mile 25, then skirted along the ridge back to my building (instead of taking the big hill up to the antenna where the actual course goes in the last mile... brutal!). A good run, some rest breaks for various reasons (gnats in my nose, ick!, etc) and some walk breaks but overall a good run. Almost time for taper!

Mike E

MM #5615

I'm talking more about how girls' bodies change as they grow into women.  It seems to affect so many girls and how they run.

Marathon Maniac #957

But Mike, you said a girl will be great from 7th to 10th or 11th grade, and then change.  But for the most part girls tend to be done growing by age 14 or 15, which is 9th grade.  There aren't usually any growth changes still happening in the 10th and 11th grade.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

The girl that I am talking about is a 10th grader but I have seen it happen between their junior and senior years as well.  It just seems that boys get bigger, stronger, and faster as they get older and some girls--no matter how hard they work--get slower.  Like I said, I don't have an answer for it, or claim to know what exactly is going on, but I see it often and I feel bad for the girls who go through it.

HermosaBoy

The girl that I am talking about is a 10th grader but I have seen it happen between their junior and senior years as well.  It just seems that boys get bigger, stronger, and faster as they get older and some girls--no matter how hard they work--get slower.  Like I said, I don't have an answer for it, or claim to know what exactly is going on, but I see it often and I feel bad for the girls who go through it.

I want to see how you get out of this one...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Mike E

MM #5615

I want to see how you get out of this one...

Thanks for your help!