Masters Running

Last March Daily, 3.31.18 (Read 35 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy folks!

We made it to Punta Cana,via Chicago (from Dayton that made little sense, but our flights were changed after the original booking).  We are here with that "best friend couple" we do a lot with.  We are heading out in a few minutes to share a special bottle of wine with our friends before dinner.  We brought wine with us, special and pricey wine for this special occasion, as did our fiends.  Tonight it will be our bottle, Artemis Cab., from Stag's Leap Wine Cellars (Napa).

No run for me today.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Anzlo

An EZ 10 miles this morning to make this week's total 45 miles.  No mileage for me tomorrow.

Have a nice Easter Sunday folks !

65+ Bests: 5K-26:11, 10K-TBD, HM-TBD

TammyinGP

10 miles for me today also. Now I'm off to a fundraiser dinner for our local low cost spay/neuter non profit.   Still haven't make the carrot cake I am bringing to my parents tomorrow but guess I will have time to do that in the morning. 

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Alrighty, a two day streak!    I think it MAY last at least one more day.  The likelihood of NOT getting into KSA's neighborhood is right up there with Death and taxes.  3.1 miles around the lake.  Tailwind going south and headwind coming up the north bound--20+ mph.  But still shorts, so not too bad.

We had a hawk in the backyard this afternoon who made lunch of one of the grackles that seems to have overwhelmed our feeders lately.  Can't say I'm crushed--they make a mess, wasting a lot of seed, and seem to discourage the regular birds from coming around.  Everyone's got to eat.  I'm on the last bucket of feed for this season--the bird houses go on the same hooks as the feeders in a few days.  Would not be surprised if we ran well over 100 lbs of feed this winter.

Happy Mexico, Holly.  Have a great time!

Belated welcome backs to Jlynne and Econo.  Great to see you here.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

No run, yesterday, I had to get to church to practice my part in a little play.  I was Jesus...I had 3 lines...and I screwed it up.  I practiced saying "sabachthani" for 3 days and I screwed it up under pressure...I guess I ain't no Jesus.

We woke up to about 5" of wet, heavy snow, this morning.  It took me an hour and a half to shovel.  I think I'm, finally, ready to get a snow blower.

I ran 10 miles, today.  The 1st 5 miles were into a 19 mph wind and the last 5 miles with a 19 mph wind.  I liked the last 5 miles the best.

Okay--Debbie is waiting for me to help stuff Easter eggs for our Easter egg hunt, tomorrow.  We have 40 people coming over and it's too cold to go outside...its going to be "fun".

See ya!

I looked back and it has been a week since I last posted here! My excuse is that the semester has started back up and I am insanely busy.

coastwalker batteries? You need a rechargeable headlamp.

Jlynne and Mike E snow! Run away! Run away!

RunnerKSA I hope your running blahs are gone tomorrow.

deez4boyz I had to give up the running every day thing years ago. I seem to be suffering from O.L.D. and that is that. But I learned to cross train and now I am quite happy with my routine. I could do without that O.L.D. thing, but you take what you can get. 

Quickadder good luck getting through tax season.

tetsujin209 glad you survived acquafit bootcamp!

Dave59 happy birthday to your DW. One great thing about racing is that when you reach a year ending in a zero you get to compete as the youngest member of a new age group!

buehrle most job interviews do not end in offers. If he just persists he will likely get something.

Holly S. good for you for getting and drinking a top notch bottle of wine. I buy one every now and then and then never find the "right" occasion to open it up. Just being with friends should be right enough.

TammyinGP I hope they raise a lot of money.

stumpy77 where I am the black birds get the seed. They are pretty well organized. One finds the feeder. It calls in a ton of friends. Next thing you know the feeder is empty.

I got out for my longest run, 13 miles, since my marathon back in February. I was surprised but I felt pretty good even towards the end. After that I spent the day cooking. We have a dozen people at dinner tomorrow between my DW's family and some friends. The main dish is a smoked brisket. It takes 14 hours to cook and my DW wants to sit down for dinner at about 2pm. That means I am monitoring the smoker from the family room couch this night.  Why did I decide to smoke a brisket for tomorrow?

In case it slipped your mind, join the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club for this year's Reach the Beach Relay on September 14 and 15! We need you!!! We are not looking for speed. Just a group to throw a 30 hour party with in a couple of vans. So join today! Just send me a message via the RA messaging system and I will get back to you. If you have my regular email or prefer sending a Facebook personal message that is fine too. I can guarantee you will have a great time or your, or your, or your clearly in need of psychiatric help!  Remember the sooner you sign up the less you pay!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

In case it slipped your mind, join the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club for this year's Reach the Beach Relay on September 14 and 15! We need you!!! We are not looking for speed. Just a group to throw a 30 hour party with in a couple of vans. So join today! Just send me a message via the RA messaging system and I will get back to you. If you have my regular email or prefer sending a Facebook personal message that is fine too. I can guarantee you will have a great time or your, or your, or your clearly in need of psychiatric help!  Remember the sooner you sign up the less you pay!

Let's Reach the Beach together friends!!!

Holly, that wine is good. I had it before. Enjoy your trip with your friends.

Twocat, your menu looks amazing.

Tamster, how are you do you after your long run last weekend?

Henrun and Marj, enjoy your Seder celebrations.

Today was a working day form me to catch up and send off some contracts, but I had fun biking 10 miles and running 4 miles in between work hours, so all is well. We have decided to make Easter dinner a simple thing this year. We invited another couple friend of ours.

Menu: herb roasted leg of lamb, some fun spring salads such as asparagus and radishes with mint; roasted beets with goat cheese and reduced balsamic vinegar, fresh herb  roasted butternut squash, etc.

Dessert is being made my our friends, who just came back from Israel, so I expect something with a Jewish theme.

Blessing and peace to all,

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Artemis, yum. Got a couple of those in our cellar but I don't remember the years. Enjoy!

Always nice to see Jlynne and RCG post. And may I say I'm glad we're not the only ones getting late winter/early spring snow! We had our hardpack cleared by a friend who has a business with his Cat mini-loader (looks like a Bobcat but a little bigger), and it did great. Nice to have our driveway be less exciting to get up (and down). We had so much snow this year, and didn't do a good job keeping up with the removal. Now we're getting snow again, maybe 2" by tomorrow, but it should melt off the driveway soon and not cause problems.

Hey Quickadder, good luck with tax season. You're from the UK, right? What do you think of our tax system? (really, I want to know how it compares)

I ran 5.4 miles today, and besides the ice I encountered, everything went pretty well. I still stop to take breaks, but hope that'll reduce soon. I ran a 27:10 5k today (ok, that doesn't count a couple of stops) so that's not bad. Leg felt ok, so I'm happy with that. Not sure if I'll do the elliptical or pool running tomorrow, but not chancing a back-to-back run yet. Maybe next week. I got 14 miles for this week from three runs, so good with that.

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Mexico, Holly.  Have a great time!

Yay!  Except we are not in Mexico..Punta Cana is in the Dominican Republic.......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

KSA- Well done on your streak.

off to Punta Cana until Thursday.  I can hardly wait!

Happy Hollys rock. Have fun.

This is late from Friday. First off, A normal day of work.

The weather forecast altered out egg hunt plans. We had dinner and egg coloring at our house Good Friday.

My intent was to make up an excuse to leave. However, the young ones were pretty engrossed. I waited until the kids were mostly done with their project. I just waled out the front, over to the camper and changed.

Apparently, Jude (GS#2) looked up and shouted, " I just saw the bunny outside!!!".

Josie (GD#2) had the fullest smile I've seen on her and she kept saying, "Bunny! Bunny!" 

Noah (GS#1) was the first one out. He had to get autographs for his cousins. It was tough with mittens on.

Norah (GD#1) was blowing kisses as bunny head towards the pines and  into the sunset.

SteveP