Masters Running

The Daily Saturday Daily, 3.25.17 (Read 36 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Dave and Roch - nice racing, and great job on your AG placements!

Starr - great picture.

Erika - I still have Steamtown as a possible/maybe probable, just need to get through the next couple of months to look at finances (which is kind of silly, really since I could drive to this race instead of fly, something like 8.5 hours away, so it wouldn't cost that much, but DH is being iffy about it).

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Mizzle!  That is exactly what I ran in a couple of days, last week.  I like that word.  Plus--if I read the rule correctly--it says "no running in the rain"...there is no mention of "mizzle".

Nice job Dave!  Congratulations!

You, too, Roch!

dg...don't bother going back through the dailies...I just don't care for my job very much...okay, I don't care for my job a lot...and I've been looking and sending out resumes...without any success...but I'll keep on trying.  By the way...I'm looking forward to hearing about your goals...when you're ready to share.

That is great picture of you and your son, Starr.  Does he do a lot of running?

Well, I struggled with my 16 miler, today.  Even though I hit my average mile pace, I was not able to hold it over the last 2 miles...I just ran out of gas.  Luckily, I had time in the bank to draw from, but I hate having to dip into that account to finish my run.  Oh, well--I'll get it next time.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Mariposai

Howdie folks.

Add me to the number of folks who is very glad to see dg posting again!

MikeE, what is your next race? Hope your long run next week goes better.

Star, that is such a lovely picture of you! You are one pretty lady.

Lori, good luck in your HM tomorrow.

Tetsujin, nice 5 miles today. Sushi in Seattle in three weeks? stay tuned.

Dave59, way to go with your AG!!!

Mrrun, I hope all is ok with GD2.

Holly, nice 7 miles today.

RunnerKSA, what are you doing in Florida. Nice 9 miler btw

Erika, I have to go and check your race list. Enjoy the sunshine.

Twomwhite, pool runner extraordinaire you are!

Jay, nice 9.4 miles, even while violating the TC rule.

I went out for my 20 miler not expecting much since I have had so little base in this training cycle, so my long distance running legs are basically gone and I have to build back up (this was my longest run since the Portland marathon in early October). My plan was to run for 4 hours or 20 miles, which ever came first. I was glad to reach 20 miles in 3:50. Now is taper time next week and Blooms and Brews marathon on April 9th. I would ditch this marathon, but it is a girls getaway weekend for my friend Speedy Stacey and I, so we are going to the race under trained, but looking forward to have a lot of fun.

View from my run today.

Go racers go!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Just a long weekend visiting my sister who has a winter home in Ft. Myers (Iona area).   I like having family with a Florida home but I'm not enamored enough with Florida to want one of my own!

Nice 20 miler and gorgeous picture!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Mariposai, how can you run 20 miles in that gorgeous scenery? I would be stopping to takes pictures all the time! Good job out there. Oh, the pretty lady next to the veteran is not me, I am beside Jake in the red shorts. And no, he does not run at all anymore. He never really liked it but ran the 10K a few times then got married, had three kids and started a business. MikeE if you ever need a good electrician I know one in the area 😉

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

evanflein

Nice 20, Mariposai, and I challenge you on that under-trained bit... that was me for Phoenix! You'll be fine, I'm sure. I hope the conditions are nice, that was a beautiful day you had today!

Holly, I'm thinking of entering just because I hear it sells out, and that'll be good incentive for me to start shopping airfare and lodging. Ha, who am I kidding. I always wait till the last minute. But I might sign up. I'm feeling much more optimistic running-wise after today's run.

Starr, great picture, and yes I know which runner you are.

We used to have a guy who ran in American flag shorts and general get up, and he was a really good runner too. But he died just after finishing a race, I think in the 2015 Senior Games in Nevada. Great guy, always ran with his dog (when not racing) and always ran locally in his flag shorts.

http://www.newsminer.com/news/local_news/fairbanks-runner-senior-games-organizer-dies-at/article_7e2743fc-cd3e-11e4-bb85-53095d7256b1.html

Today I did a lot of cleaning stuff around the house, got turkey stock going on the stove then headed out to go shopping. Came home, put stuff away and got the stock all set to cool off while I went up to campus to run 7.3 miles, then took my shower up there. Also stopped at the credit union beforehand to get a nice new crisp $100 bill for DS1 for his birthday tomorrow. He'll be 25. Goodness... how did that happen? I remember when I hit 25 and my parents started giving me a $100 bill in my birthday card. Easier than trying to figure out what he might want!

Erika,

I remember think I read that story before, such a shame.  Birthday gifts got simple for me when I started writing out those $100 checks to the adult kids and spouses. My mom used to send checks equal to your age for everyone in the family. That never seemed quite fair since my brother is 18 years older than me!

Here's some photos of Jake, my non-running son in his very last Turkey Day 10K race in 2007. Photos of the lake in front of our house. He signed up right after the race the year before but did not train at all (notice bib #19). So, he and some buddies ran together and he got this outfit from the thrift store.  He was "Jamaicab". I thought of this get-up while watching Bolt at the Rio Olympics....

This is one of the biggest hills going around the lake, just in front of my old house on the North side of Lake Okabena

finishing with a slight uphill at the end of Main St

With his fiancé at the finish

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mike E

MM #5615

I thought that was Usain, himself!  Very cool pictures  Jake seems like a fun guy to be around.