Masters Running

Friday, 10.21.16 (Read 33 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

It seems that Henry is getting off to a remarkable start to his knee surgery recovery - keep up the good work!

Good 30-min with fartleks, Hally.

Great shot from SoNo, Twocat. You look relaxed but focused.

Good TM work, Holly. Should the doc have asked if you have a stressful life? Would reducing stress reverse the cortisol level peaks and valleys?

Congrats on the Portland Marathon time reduction, Tet! And thanks for identifying the many forms of fartleks.

Good luck getting that melanoma gone before it becomes something worrisome, TSelbes.

Nice 9er, Mariposai. Seems that it was worth it to wait for the sun.

Tonight is the last of our pre-election neighborhood political dinners. It should be another good one. I'm sure we'll talk a little about Wednesday's debate, what could happen between now and election day (who the heck knows with these two?), and maybe about what we, the voters, have to do post-election so we don't get ourselves in this pickle (not to disparage TW's 'Pickles') again.

I've been dealing with another nasty knot in my glute all week, and it is pretty stubborn this time (thanks for the new device suggestion, Aamos). I went out (in some pretty dense fog) to see how I was doing this morning, and it was quickly apparent that I'm far from ready for prime time - there was no racewalking on my 2.5 mi walk. So this Sunday's half marathon is off the table. However, that race (with no walking div.) was just intended to be a warm-up for another half the following Sunday (which has a walking div.), which is where my focus has been. I also have a 5K that Saturday, so I really need to giddyup and do some work to try to be quasi-ready for both races. I'm also the RD for that 5K, so next week will not be dull.

Have a greta Friday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Head Procrastinator

Sorry about your glute knots, Jay.  Maybe you need to strengthen that area to avoid getting them?

Agreed, TwoCat looking much friendlier and in less pain in the shot posted at the half than at the last one.

I awoke to find out the expected rain had not started yet so got out in the 95% humidity and got in a slow 40 mins/3.6 miles.

Soooo glad it's Friday!

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

jay//.......thanks for the recap,,,,,,,,,,,,,really helps me when i miss a few days

=============

30-min hh at mcfee greenway

Life does  have a way of messing up work-outs

dd2 had first pt yesterday, not an exerciser, hopefully we can get her into working out

pickles went to doc and her numberw were up, hopefully they will go back down

the good news- she has had foot pain for almost a year, her foot doc had the ''team nashville'' shoe store fit her with a new shoe,

i think she'll feel better if she can go back to walking again

................good running guys,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,ps,,,,,,,,,,,,,a pox on mouseless laptops,,,,,,,,,,

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Sayhey! MM#130

Good mornin'

No place like home, right Henry?  Be careful on the stairs, my chum.  And listen to marj.

OOOOOOO.....temps below 70 this am in SW FL.  People breaking out the hoodies (and wearing 'em up over their heads) all over.   Seriously and for true. 

Decided to use a stability ball at work instead of sitting in the dang chair so much.  So far, so good.  Going to try and follow Holly's example of being good about tending to core stuff and all that.

Day 5 of meandering for me.  Every so often, I take off a week or thereabouts.  Did it before Green Bay in May, and for a week in July (a very warmish week).  And since it may not hit 80 AT ALL, ALL DAY TOMORROW, DH and I agreed we are not setting an alarm for Sat. am.

Mr. Lester was on it last night!  Love that guy.

Definitely make that your playing card, two cat.  Cool!

Hiya hally and mari and y'all.  Have very fine weekends.

grins,

A

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

I missed the debate, but did watch the SNL spoofs on the first two debates.  Good for some laughs.

Tet - Portland did not adjust my time.  I guess you have to complain first?  Not worth it to me!

Glad you got that spot checked out Tom!

Taking a "day off "(chuckle) from my unemployment to go to my cabin (need to fix the thermostat).  I will run my trails there with the dog and come back early tomorrow for my son's marching band competition.  Miraculously, it is not supposed to rain, otherwise sitting in the bleachers for 12 hours would not be a whole lot of fun.  My daughter, who joined robotics this year, is doing pit crew tomorrow at an all-female event.  She is learning programming too - so cool!  The chemistry teacher that leads this group said he thinks it is better than sports - as some day this will help the kids get real jobs.  And he said that as someone that played a lot of sports in school and was quite fit.

Ok, have a fabulous Friday!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Every so often, I take off a week or thereabouts.  Did it before Green Bay in May, and for a week in July (a very warmish week).

Me too amy. . . . except I need a couple of months.

Sure worked for Portland, anyway.

Tet - Portland did not adjust my time.  I guess you have to complain first?  Not worth it to me!

Not at all enke.

I wouldn't have either but, thanks to holly's idea, I did anyway

and am still ecstatic with the resyultant seven minute reduction.

I bet you and starr will be even happier as both your times were real close

and seven minutes would mean a lot.

just send in your name and bib number with the request,

"please check my finish time, if possible" or something.

I hope holly / posie / mikeE do too.

https://www.runraceresults.com/Secure/RaceResults.cfm?ID=RCAG2016

Five cyclemutes - warm 60o, no hoodies allowed, . . .

With a thinly visible half moon slipping down through a misty morning haze to the western horizon

above the Olympic Mountains, I hoped the sun would be able to shine through too to light up

the golden leaves and bright red bushes along the way for a morning cycle-mute.

Didn’t happen but hopin’ the sun will be breakin’ through

for an afternoon return route.

We’ll see.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

coastwalker I am still amazed you have a group that can disagree about politics in a civilized manner.

Holly S. that sounds like some pretty extreme variation in your cholesterol levels. Sorry, that you are under enough stress at work to do that.

tselbs wow! There are still places without internet!?  How did you survive? 

hally very soupy out for this time of year. Kind of made my floors a bit slippery.

tomwhite good luck getting your DD to start working out and keeping it up. I hope the new shoes work out for pickles.

AamosY I guess temperatures are all relative! It would sure be nice if high 60's was considered cold around here!

tetsujin209 sun? You have sun in the Seattle area on occasion? I had no idea! 

No running for me today. Just time on the elliptical. Then went out to the office. Tomorrow is my last run longer than a HM! At the moment it looks like the weather will cooperate for it. If I get my act together and do some route mapping I may join up with the local Joggers Club for part of the run.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

OOOOOOO.....temps below 70 this am in SW FL.  People breaking out the hoodies (and wearing 'em up over their heads) all over.   Seriously and for true. 

Really Aamos? DH and I drove to Door County yesterday with intentions of getting up to play golf first thing this morning, only it was 43° with 10-15 mph out of the northwest, We decided to hike 3 state parks that are in close proximity of each other and found people still out in shorts and t-shirts!  Must be that thick Wisconsin skin.....  Absolutely gorgeous fall colors which are peaking right now. There's a race called The Fall 50 that starts in Gills Rock and ends up in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin tomorrow morning. Sure hope it warms up and the winds die down a little for the runners.

Hope you get good news for Pickles and DD, Tom.

Get those knots untied, ok Jay?

Good luck to your DD's robotics team Enke.

That picture was definitely a keeper TwoCat.

No run for me today, just a morning of hiking and climbing observation towers which probably didn't even put a dent in the big breakfast I ate this morning

Have a great weekend everyone!

Mariposai

Late to post, but I just want to say how thankful I am for the Master's RA group.

4 miles for me after work. 2 miles to visit an elderly friend who is at the nursing home now. 2 miles back celebrating  life and longetivy!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard