Masters Running

Saturday Daily - Run for fun (Read 643 times)

Wannabe, he looks very brave.  I'm sure his mates will be impressed, and he'll heal up fast.  Just very glad he's ok.

Me love cookies, CNY.  Yum.  (I wish restaurants would offer a tea plate of assorted homemade cookies for dessert.)

Nice looking feet, good arches all along, gentlemen.

The City's doing work in the alley behind my house.  Yesterday, a backhoe went out of control, plowed through my neighbor's garage and pushed his car through our shared antique stone fence into our back yard.    We're lucky it stopped short of the house.

YAY!  USA ties England---on a flukey goal, too.  Can't help but feel sorry for E's goalie. 

6.75 (no, I don't round up) for me--5 at 8:44 pace between warm up and cool down.  (It's only 58 here, so no need to do much cooling .)

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
      I hope your son heals up OK, wannabe.

No use adding to the complaints about H&H, but my 4-miler this morning was pretty brutal. I should have done it at 8AM instead of 10AM.

Some of next week's triathlon entrants are meeting out at the event location tomorrow to do another practice run-through. I thought about joining them, but now think I'll just go out for the biking portion. It's a good hour's drive and getting in another run isn't worth having to leave here by 7AM on a Sunday morning.

Happy running everyone. Enjoy the heat while you can!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

GoooooooooaaaaaaaLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!    USA USA USA ,  If ya can't be good ya gotta be lucky. Actually they played a good game except for the first 5 minutes.

The track and field finals were pretty entertaining. Is it just me or do those athletes look really young? I loved the interviews afterward. They are so talented I guess I forget how young most of them really are.

I went out and got in 3 miles in  85 degrees so no speed session or anything but not bad at 8:55 pace. I really did not look at the watch so I was suprised at how fast I ran concidering I was taking it really easy. I think I will try and get my run in early tomorrow to avoid some  of the heat .

Some fast and tough runs and races out there today.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

The local boy (Sam Chemenga from Liberty) ended in second in the men's 5K today.  He had already won the 10K by almost 30 seconds on Thursday.   He is a very talented runner and has one more year of university left.

You are right about them looking young.

Vista

you are all really amazing!!  great runs, races and PRs!!

wannabe hope you're son heals up nicely!

9.1 miles in the drizzle for me today -- took a road that is a long incline and veered off to some side streets with steeper hills to practice some power walking for Mt Washington!!  longest run i've done in awhile and it was awesome!! 

denise

evanflein

Good going Denise, work those hills! Hey, check your messages, will ya?

On my way home from my (less than stellar) garage sale (day #1), it was absolutely pouring! The water on the road was incredible so it must've been raining hard there for awhile. I was going to my parents house to drop off some stuff, and go for a run from their house. Started thinking I'd just bag my run, but then the rain stopped and it felt warm and misty out. So... off I went for 8.3 miles on rolling hills, easy effort and was surprised to end up with 8:06 avg pace. And it felt good, didn't push the pace and the temps were just right. It did start to sprinkle on my cool down walk, and shortly after I got home it started pouring again. I never have timing that good, so today was pretty cool.

Day #2 of the garage sale tomorrow, but not optimistic because the forecast is for steady rain in the morning and that seems to kill the garage sale traffic. Not sure why. What else do they have to do??

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I did the Alabama A&M 10K this morning.

fusalina - I don't know why I'm so tired after Friday's Fremont 5K as it's been followed by a Saturday ultra and Sunday marathon in past years but may have to do a Sunday 10K after all so you won't be DGL.  I love DGL'ing the  chicks.

Tetsujin -  What's with barefoot Ted though....did he have you wash his feet before the pix?

fusalina - ted's way faster than any of the rest of us and cleaned up his soles to promote his new line of huarache minimalist Luna sandals, kind of .like thongs but with heel straps..

http://www.barefootted.com/index.php?q=/

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)