Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 11.16.21 (Read 37 times)

Photos from BTY's anniversary dinner.  Apparently, his sons like to throw up gang signs every now and then. 

May be an image of 5 people, people standing, people sitting and indoor

May be an image of 2 people and indoor

May be an image of 7 people, people sitting, people standing and indoor

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Love the pictures!  Handsome boys, for sure!  Congratulations again.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

Love the pictures!  Handsome boys, for sure!  Congratulations again.

+1 and also a very handsome couple celebrating!!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MurrayM

That run profile looks like an Istanbul cityscape. Maybe you should get it tattooed onto one of your calf muscles to induce fear in all who follow you on the trails.

5K today, and a confession.

The real reason I'm going to run 5 days a week now is so I can have my oh-so-chocolaty whey protein powder with a dash of instant coffee mixed in unsweetened coconut milk after run drink more often 

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Well, I saw the Empire State building

I'm off for a fun filled trip to PA and NJ to stop in on my projects down here.  Technically my day is over, since I started at 6:30 this morning, but likely another couple hours or so while I finish up a few things and watch electricians modify some old gear.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Living around here is so interesting. I was at the nail salon this afternoon and my nail guy (the owner- Vietnamese) pointed out these 2 older gentlemen who had just arrived for pedicures. He told me one of them was an old time, famous songwriter. His stage name is Dickey Lee. He wrote a bunch of 60s hits like "I Saw Linda Yesterday" and "Patches". I spoke to them a bit.

Marathon Maniac #957

KSA - funny you should mention pedicures.  I was planning on getting a pedicure this weekend so that my toes would be pretty for the surgery (and a couple of months after), but the pre-surgical telephone caller informed me a few minutes ago that I am NOT permitted to have toenail polish on the surgical foot.  Glad she caught me before I had my pedicure!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly- I think that's so they can detect any changes in blood flow.

wildchild

Carolyn

I've never had a pedicure or manicure!  I just don't understand the appeal of nail polish.  But Holly, glad you found out before your pedicure that it's not allowed on your surgical foot.

BTY, that's a nice looking family - how nice that you could all celebrate together!

I met a friend for a 9 mile trail run at Elk Meadow park over in Evergreen, and it lived up to it's name because there was a large herd of elk lying in a meadow!    They're so tame they don't even get up when runners or mountain bikers go by on the trail.  Lovely shorts and tee shirt weather again.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

After a 3 day work-induced hiatus, I was able to go get in 5.25 miles today.

The meat of the run was a 3x1k progression; 5:00, 4:30, 4:00

The desert was recovery walking along the SF Bay for a 1/4 mile and lookin' at all dem pretty birds at sunset. Saw a Black Oystercatcher and an American Avocet among others.

Great pics! Happy anniversary!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Just popping in to say I AM EXHAUSTED!!!!! These babies just keep coming!!!

Walked 1.3 miles from garage to hospital this morning then took the shuttle this evening and still had 15,000 steps today, Time for a warm shower and my bed because I am heading back in for more torture oh I mean fun tomorrow!!!

BTY - great photos - congrats!!!!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

No run for me, today… just some weight lifting with my grandson.  Upper body, today.  Then off to a church meeting.

That’s all I got.  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

BTY - fantastic.

You're sure blessed if that's what

Thanksgiving's gunna look like too.

Actually, you're blessed anyway, . . .

as we all are in various ways.

ps - are those pretty

watches in the frames?

very sunny day definitely a New England fall day with lots of yellows, browns, and occasional reds peeping through.  The reflections of the trees on the river added to my enjoyment.

marj - maybe take camera next time for some pretty pictures, especially if both you are Henry are in it.

oh-so-chocolaty whey protein powder with a dash of instant coffee mixed in unsweetened coconut milk after run . . .

Murray - no excuse is too feeble to go running.

You would have liked the tubes and powder mixes of post-marathon recovery strawberry or chocolate JogMate they used to give out at the Expos.  I think the Poccari Sweat Energy Drink company in Japan bought the name and make something else under the JogMate name now.  Actually, . . . , ignore the pretty models but you'd probably like Poccari Sweat too.  I sure do. In fact, they always had it at the aid station tables for marathons in Japan so, in a New Year's one, I grabbed a big Poccari labeled fast food like paper cup but without the straw and gulped it all on the run, only to have a sudden gasp as it was Japanese sake they would never otherwise put out except for New Years.

No photo description available.\

No photo description available.

pedicures

Holly/Wildchild/KSA - maybe so the doctors will pay attention to their surgery instead of pretty feet.  I don't think it had anything to do with my toes being so gnarly hammertoes, etc. but DS got me a gift certificate for a professional pedicure before our first Coeur d'Alene IM in 2003 but, when I went there, they just shook their head and gave me a professional toe nail cutter to use.  Still have it.

Surly - speaking of pretty, I've heard of lots of people looking at all the other beautiful sights strolling along San Francisco Bay too but never birds. Were you wearing a shirt or something?

The desert was recovery walking along the SF Bay for a 1/4 mile and lookin' at all dem pretty birds at sunset. Saw a Black Oystercatcher and an American Avocet among others.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

BTY

Thanks for posting the photos Leslie and thanks to all for the kind comments. Standing left to right are our grand nephew, DS3, DS2, DS1, and DD.  GN is 14, Ds3 is 25, DS2 is 27, DS1 is 29, and DD is our baby at 23.   I took the other photo of everyone seated, so am no in it but DS1’s GF and DD’s DH is.  Also in the back is my BIL.