Masters Running

Wednesday July 1st Summer Runs (Read 377 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Ouch Erika....for Peter's sake. Just think, he ran - walked a couple of miles while we ran Friday afternoon at the park. Tell Peter I said hi, as I really liked the guy (think I ought to mention me and Peter's....umm...."special" moment Thurs night  )

I am behind here at RA - sorry. But wanted to tell Slo, sweet patio dude............you do awfully good work for a drunk guy ....happy B Day too Buddie

Tramps, thanks for the great pictures....wow, what a super duper up hill race that was. What part of your legs hurt the worse running a race like that?

Lou, nice to see you back running again....you and Tramps were brought up a time or two at our Seattle get together.

Amy -  -just because. You my Dear are such a very sweet and absolutley adorable Gal....even when sober

Good luck Bill with your new training plan....I will be watching with interest speedy Guy.

I had no real follow up appt with my heart Doc, so I called him to see what I am suppose to do next. I have to go in Friday for a full blown stress test on a TM to get my HR as close to max as possible....to see if I can start speed work again. He asked what my highest HR has been, and I told him 202 was the highest, and hit 201 and 198 a couple of times....well, that should be fun, but I do like the fast speed work though  Hopefully all well be well, and I can start serious training again for my Fall Marathon where I want to try and BQ.

Welp, need to go for now and finsh my Seattle RR.....it's a very hard report to write with all that happened.

Oh Yeah - Monday I rode my bike easy for 30 miles, then followed with a easy 4 mile run - Last night I ran 5 miles at 9:00 ish pace....my quads were still very sore and tender, but finally feel better today.

TimmBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Give Peter my very best, Erika.  I know he's probably got his own silver bullet to bite on for the pain, but I hope he takes it easy for a least a few days.

back atcha Timbo.  It was good for me to meet you,  I'm just not quite sure yet why, but I know it will come to me some day!

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles
      evanflein

It was good for me to meet you,  I'm just not quite sure yet why, but I know it will come to me some day!

Ok, Amy, now that's funny.

And thanks for the good wishes for DH's recovery. Tim, that little run/walk he did is just between us, ok? Doc wouldn't be too happy with him to hear about that one...

5.5 mile RAL, didn't have time to go check the stats. Plan was for easy, but I get to thinking about stuff and my legs just pick it up a bit when I'm not paying attention. Last mile was 8:17 or some such (but that's a downhill bit...). Felt pretty warm out there at about 75 but it felt hotter on the trail in the full sun (warm, muggy and buggy in parts).

Re Farmer's Markets - Our community college (College of the Redwoods) has a sustainable farming program.  Every year we pay to be shareholders, and starting this coming Monday through about the end of October, every week we'll get a box of fresh produce.  It's heavenly.  The tomatoes, onions, and garlic are my absolute favorites.  I have to admit, though, that by the end I'm real tired of zucchini and squash.

Leslie - you forgot the most important farmer's market staple - BRUSSEL SPROUTS!! Can't wait for them to be ready.

Hi Tim - good luck at the doctor. From the looks of the Seattle pictures, your heart is doing pretty well!

{{{ Tall and Peter }}}

JLynne - I don't think we've ever had Brussel sprouts in our box.  But I do love them, carrots, and fresh green beans roasted with garlic, red onions, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.  Yummmmm!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

CNY, congrats on your 5K with masters win.  Holly, happy birthday to your daughter.  Tall, I hope you heal quickly.  evan, good luck to Peter on his recovery.

Good job on the speedwork for breger and SLO.

This morning was pleasant, about 60 and calm.  I did 5 miles in a little under 48 minutes for a 9:34 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Went out to the woods with a heart monitor for first time.  Up a couple of hills.  My RHR was 54 this AM.  It got up to 155 briefly when I got to the top of the hill.  Came soon back to about 112 on the way down, and 85 by the time I was home.  60 when sitting in the chair shortly after.   Don't know enough about the subject to know if the numbers are good or bad.  Too high on the up side?   It is a steep hill, and I have pushed harder many times before.   Woods Lady
                dg.

Aaamos... ok.   wanna carpool?

thanks Holly.   & I forgot to wish Sarah Happy Birthday!!  

thanks Erika Wink.   Cookie With a Bite Missing (1598R-118265 / FD000935 © Photodisc)just a little one.  sorry if I got crumbs on you.    hugs for Peter.   I hope this heals quickly & well.

Leslie, we have a few farms that do that too.  haven't tried it yet.  I'm not sure I'd keep up with all of that.  

Jlynne, yum to that vegetable you mentioned... but not with cookies. 

where's Twocat?  isn't the editor supposed to keep track & let us know?

Renee the dog

Late night on the tm for 4 embedded hill sprints in an overall 3 mi workout.  Little less than what the plan calls for, but right to the edge of what my bod can handle right now.  Very pleased.

{{{JLynne}}}  That's gotta be a tough situation.  Prayers offered!

Night all!  Make it a good one tomorrow!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!