Masters Running

Daily for 12/27 Masters (Read 451 times)

Carolyn, I am in Virginia Beach and it's not normal for our weather to be that warm this time of year. Shocked The thing about living here is that it can be hot nearly any time of the year. Tomorrow is, however, predicted to be a new record.

Once a runner . . .

munchkn883

Finally got in 3.5 miles late this afternoon.
      evanflein

9.3 miles of hilly snowy trails and back roads, finishing temp was -27F (for Enke, -33C). I got pretty frosty. I did not wear a running skirt.
        wildchild

Carolyn

Wow, Erika, -27F! Shocked Well, as I posted earlier, I was gonna wuss out and go to the rec center. But after I packed up my gym bag and told the dogs to stay (with very sad looks from them), when I walked outside to the car, I noticed the wind had stopped howling! So I went back in, layered up, and took the dogs for a short 3 miler around the block. It was 11F, and only breezy instead of howling. Quite nice, actually.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Good Afternoon! My legs were not feeling very sproinky this morning, but I couldn’t resist the 58 degree temp., even if it was accompanied by 20-30mph winds. What a joy to run in a t-shirt and skirt again! 20 miles for me today, pretty darn slowly, with 3 potty/hydration stops and almost another mile walking. No fueling other than water and a Krispy Kreme donut at about mile 7. This is the first time I have run that far since last May, and it was tough, tough, tough, especially because of the wind and since I wasn’t feeling energetic in the first place, but you have to make use of the best weather at this time of year. Glad to be done, though, and only one blister. Smile
            Congrats on that 20 miler sistah. I would do the same when I have 58 and good weather. Now...can your lack of sproinky be due to the lack of fuel? Krispy Kreme is good for fast energy, but it is not enough fuel for a 20 miler. erika... Shocked...thanks for always being an inspiration Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

ok- i feel like i've gained 10lbs in 3 days -- no run since Christmas Eve Shocked (and i'm not getting on the scale to check) spent today on the Cape with in-laws -- nice day!! tomorrow nothing is holding me back!!

denise

Marathon Maniac #3309

I wish I was Holly....running 20 miles...really. One mile would be nice... Timmi

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!