Masters Running

THE WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP W/E AUG 3RD (Read 241 times)

And another week is gone... Dutchie42-56.7K...great week...nice havin' you back runnin' eliz-9.5 hours kayaking Shocked evanflein-57.1 miles + 3 walking...WEEKLY PR!!! fatozzig-3.64 miles + 4.5 hours of x-training...well done lyndenrunner-46.6 miles nowor-11 miles + gym + yoga...very good pfriese-23.2 miles + 91.9 bike...excellent tetsujin-48.7 miles Shocked ...good job my friend
    Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Mon-5@8:16 Tue-8@7:53 Wed-8@8:06 Thur-6@7:50 Fri-5@8:10 Sat-9@7:24 Sun-20@8:08 Total=61 miles
      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
      Dutchie42

You got to it early Gordon. Thanks. Mon.... Strength training: about 30 min each for back/triceps/biceps and a 10 min abs w/o. And a 13K bike ride to/from work Tue.... I knew it, I knew it, I knew it. Should've done the running yesterday. Have been having a headache since yesterday afternoon. Was still there when I woke up at 5 AM this morning. Skipped the run. Think the hot humid weather is getting to me (not used to it at all). Did bike to work. Wed...10.1K with Spooky this morning. No more humidity. No more headache. Great! And biked to work. Thu... Absolutely gorgeous 14.6K run this morning. Saw a deer crossing the bikepath just meters up ahead. And a real life otter! Swimming in Spooky's watering hole. Incredible. Fri..... unplanned rest day. No excuse. Sat...2.56K doggie fun run followed by 6x185 meter intervals and 185 meter recoveries in between, and a 1.25K cool down. Totalling over 6K. Added a 30min lb w/o and a 60min ub w/o incl. abs. And a nice stretch. I feel great. Sun.. 20K long run with Spooky. Didn't see any wild life today. Total: 50.3K

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

I need to be doing some strength training like Dutchie does... Thanks Gordon, welcome back from the Ragnar Relay! Monday: Rest or 4 Recovery.........4.5 miles EZ pace DONE Tuesday: 5 EZ..........................5.5 hilly miles, DONE Wednesday: 10.......................11.2 tempo run, with hills, 8:07 avg, neg split... DONE Thursday: 5.............................5.1 EZ treadmill miles DONE, .66 mile walk w/u and c/d Friday: Rest?.........................Yep, went to the Fair with DH Saturday: 10, with 8k race......1 mile w/u, 8k race, 5 miles after for 11 total... DONE Sunday: 20............................20.2 miles, 8:21 avg pace; .7 mile walk c/d 57.5 miles for the week, a new weekly mileage PR. Glad next week is a cutback week. Lots of walking with the fair and w/u's and c/d's but didn't track most of it for some reason...
            Thanks, Gordon! Mon - 7.27 miles (includes 6 one-minute strides in the middle of the run) Tues - 45 min. stationary bike; 1/2 hour strength/core Wed - 3 miles + 40 minutes strength/core/knee Thurs - 1 hour strength/core/knee Fri - Rest Day (I have a feeling this will be my last Friday Rest Day for quite awhile Blush ) Sat - Trails - 1:03:41 (5 miles??) Sun - Rest

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Monday - errands, appointments at home in PA and drive back to NJ Tuesday - biked 15 miles and kayaked hard for 2 hours - feel like a train wreck, but in a good way; beach walk tonight Wednesday - paddled 2 hours Thursday - paddled 4(!) hours with my best friend and her three kids; 2 hours out were leisurely; 2 hours back were tough as the tide had turned and I needed to get back in time to shower and dress for a meeting; last time I let her be the navigator! Friday - paddled 2 hours on the bay; arms sore from the day before, so I took at least half of it really, really easy Saturday - rest; played Cinderella/Supernanny as godson's 6th birthday party - for rest?!?! Sunday - actually RAN(!) 4.3 miles; walked 1.5; paddled 2 hours - then passed out on the sofa and woke up just in time to go to bed! Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks Gordon for keeping up the weekly during your Ragnar week . . . . . (and all the goddess hugging). Planned zero mile taperfest this week as Saturday’s 48.7 miles includeda four hour ascent to Corral Pass, two-and-a-half hours flying back down to the White River Valley floor and two hours half way up Sun Top Mountain to mile 31.7 on the other side in planned 50-miler that made me just as sore as when doing it all the way for the last two years. Thank you for this year's stylish blue Ragnar t-shirt as getting-more-and-more-beautiful super-gorgeous goddess Tammy and Handsome John stopped by Seattle and personally delivered it while recounting how much you did for making a great weekend for everyone there too. Thank you very much. Their photos sure made it look like goddess heaven for you, especially the pillow fight part and sleeping under the stars. <>jealous/jealous/insanelyjealous)>>> There won’t be any photos anything like that in anything I do but I’m look forward to wearing the Ragnar shirt in the 8/17 Light-to-the-end-of-the Tunnel Marathon that, at mile seven, goes right by the site of the Ragnar Station on the old Burlington & Northern Line in it’s current reincarnation on the Snoqualmie Rails-to-Trails routes. =========================. Sunday (7/27) - begin taperfest with tight, knotted quads from 31.7 miles . . . in this year's White River 50-miler Monday (7/28) - taper with quads still burning Tuesday (7/29) - taper as still need help standing up Wednesday (7/30) - taper with quads still sore Thursday (7/31) - taper Friday (8/01) - taper Saturday (8/02) - taper (go watch Blue Angels Seafair performances.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

pfriese

Lyndenrunner, once again, many thanks for keeping this motivational thread going each week.
                  DayMilesComment
                  Mondayrest day - done
                  Tuesday7.2 miles running - done 9:36/mile avg pace
                  Wednesday27.9 miles bicycling - done
                  Thursday7 miles running - done 9:36/mile avg pace
                  Fridayrest day - done
                  Saturday14.0 miles running - done 13.9 miles bicycling - done 9:44/mile avg pace
                  Sunday51.5 miles bicycling - done
                  Total28.2 miles running 93.3 miles bicyclingDONE DONE
                  Paul
                  nowor

Just glanced down the plans/accomplishments of everyone. Glad I'm allowed to post my measly mi here next to you 50, 60+ milers. At 65 my goals are to have fun and maintain general fitness. A back spasm on Fri put a glitch in this week. Mon-Return from NYC on bus Tues-Core/ab workout Wed-3 mi TM Thur-Core/ab workout AM; yoga PM Fri- Felt terrific, then had a back spasm. Canceled run. Went for a walk and to chiropractor Sun-yoga Summary: Next week will be better, but at least I paid attention to the first spasm.