Masters Running

Weightloss or MITTH Challenge - Week 5 - Final Week - Let's Start Again (Read 409 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

DH and I went out to dinner with friends Friday night at a place called The Melting Pot – a “fine wine and fondue” dining experience. Great fun and delicious food, but at $120 for the two of us, that was the most expensive dining experience I’ve ever had. No holding back in the interest of calorie counting for me – you’d better believe I relished EVERY bite. I ate so much I had trouble sleeping that night from slight indigestion (and it was a pretty late dinner, with reservations at 8pm). It will take me all week to work that off. But it was soooo good.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly, what are you doing up at 3:14 AM? If you tell me you're getting ready to go out for a run, you should still be getting some zzzz's! We have a Melting Pot here, and I agree 100%. It's expensive, but when they bring out that dark chocolate with pieces of sponge cake, strawberries, etc., it's hard to not overindulge. I think a night like this keeps you on track, though. I don't like eating that late, either. It seems like your dinner just sits in your stomach and doesn't want to digest. Glad you had a good time, though.

Marathon Maniac #957

Jlynne - it was 4:14, not 3:14, but yes, I was getting ready to go run. I wanted to allow 3 1/2 hours to get my planned 18-mile LR in (allowing a little extra time for potty/hydration stops or MP3 adjustments), and on Sundays that means getting out there by 4:30 so I can get it done before church.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

hi Holly -- we have a Melting Pot near us too and same thing -- expensive, but yummy!! if (when) i go again i might just do appetizers and desserts and skip the entrees...........right now i am being good -- want to have a good weight loss for our thursday weigh in and with my choppy work schedule and getting things done around the house before my surgery next week, i just haven't been getting in any runs or workouts!!

denise

Denise - surgery??? Did I miss something? I hope it's nothing serious (although any surgery is serious stuff). Good luck! Holly, you continue to amaze me. Off for a good stretch with an injury, still log over 2,000 miles for the year, and now you're doing 18-20 mile runs. I want to be like you! Food-wise, this was a good weekend - until last night. I made this awesome dessert with yellow cake mix and lemon pudding. Served it warm with a dusting of powdered sugar and a dollop of cool whip. It was so good. But, I wrapped it up and took it to work this morning so no one at my house will be tempted to eat it. Now, if I can just stay away from the lounge for the rest of the day...Wink
              jlynne -- surgery friday -- female stuff -- no running/heavy exercise for 6 weeks Sad

denise