Masters Running

Mike's Marathon Monday, 5.16.16 (Read 38 times)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Birthday, Starr!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

mrrun

Happy Birthday Starr!

No run for me, too much stuff going on and tomorrow backing to digging with GD2.  Running priority has definitely decreased.  However, my DD ran the Cape Cod relay this w/e and had a blast and wants to do another, but not RTB because it's too hilly......

marj

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy Birthday Starr!

No run for me, too much stuff going on and tomorrow backing to digging with GD2.  Running priority has definitely decreased.  However, my DD ran the Cape Cod relay this w/e and had a blast and wants to do another, but not RTB because it's too hilly......

marj

No, it's not.  Well, the sections that Jay and Mari did, maybe.   But she could get on the backup list.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Another happy birthday StarrRuns.

Just a quick post since I am on a fairly tight schedule. I am in Toronto for a conference. My baby actually. It is good to see it growing up to become one of the most important in my profession. After this morning meetings with the society officers I took off for a 10k run. Weather started nice. Sun was out. Temperatures in the low 60's. Rotten Canadians! You cannot even trust them to keep the sun out! By the time I got to around the 5.5 mile mark it was cloudy, windy, a bit chilly and started to drizzle!  Yes, that wet stuff was coming down from the sky! In total violation of the rules of running! It is not fair. Tricked I tell you, tricked! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

...Happy B'Day starr//......Good Running to Ya........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy Birthday, Starr!

This is the perfect cake for Starr - Happy Birthday!

Twocat - very cool that the conference you started is going strong.  Sorry about that rain stuff.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MikeE – Race#1 sounds a lot like the weather we have had recently in MN, good training! This is going to be fun tracking you in these races.  The clam chowder does sound yummy!

Leslie – Nice run for you at the McKay, so glad you found a running partner. MrStarr can relate to the snoring since I’m the one, ha!  Actually, I’ve been using my CPap faithfully for the last several months and I surprisingly sleep all night.

Amy – have fun at your Monday night party and have a piece of cake for me.  I have yet to see a cake around here.  MrStarr is prepping for a colonoscopy and upper GI so he can’t even take me out for supper.  DD is cooking supper but has yet to wish me a happy day.  She is starting the Whole30 plan today and I agreed to do it with her after Green Bay.

I set out to do my 12 mile long run after work with scattered showers in the forecast.  At lunch I set out a container of Gatorade at about the 4 mile mark since that's what they have at GB.  This weekend my knee was hurting when I went up stairs.  This run did not go well with the knee (and foot) pain so I called it quits after 7 miles.  The Gatorade was still there and I practiced drinking on the run, so that's good.

Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, and cakes too, yum! Stumpy, that one is perfect for me! A new AG would be more exciting if I was faster to start with and if I ran more races. Last year’s local 10K had 4 women in 60-69F and I am not likely to beat the first three:

Pace 

Time

7:03 

0:43:45.44      

8:20 

0:51:42.15      

9:39 

0:59:57.20      

11:23 

1:10:43.99  

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Henrun

No run as my back and knee miseries continue. But I did get to the gym for cycling and brief elliptical and yoga, all of which left me with pain which lessened a few hours after I got home. Marj accompanied me to yoga to make sure I modified it (which I mostly did_ back really felt it).

Twocat- glad you're in my hometown. We'll be there next month-use up all the rain before we get there.

Happy birthday Starr.

an amazing likeness

Crummy pic by incompetent photographer...but here is MikeE leading Corey (they met up and ran the marathon together to share pace and wind breaking) on their last lap around Baxter Blvd, Portland ME.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Henrun

Nice photo MT. BaxterBlvd used to be one of my favorite running routes when I lived in Maine.

Marathon Maniac #957

Starr - smart to back off if your knee hurts.

Milktruck - nice picture!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mariposai

Nice picture, Milktruck!!!!

MikeE rocks.

Great to see twocat enjoying the cold weather.

8 miles for me today early morning in sunshine.

Keep rocking, my friends.

Posie.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard