Masters Running

Your Future Daily - TUESDAY 12/3 (Read 41 times)

I forgot;

On a fun note, our drive from SF up to Central Oregon to see my Mom for Thanksgiving involved the "bomb cyclone" snowstorm passing through the evening before we left. I-5 was closed 10 miles North of Redding, so I cut inland to Burney on the 299 and than back to I-5 on the 89, which comes out at Shasta. The 89 was one of the longest 50 mile drives I've ever done. 2-6" of that loose slop that happens when people with chains on tear up the packed snow and ice. Over a dozen cars in the ditch (all but one abandoned). I had put new M&S tires on the week before, so I didn't slip and didn't put chains on. But it was 15-30mph the whole way. We had reserved a room at the Hi-Lo in Weed, so that was nice.

Image result for hi-lo weed

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Quick post to catch up a little before I fall asleep!!

Sun morning ran 3.2 miles in Boston before my shift, slept overnight in a call room to avoid the messy roads driving back in for Monday.

Monday woke up and ran 1.2 miles on the 1st floor of the hospital to get my DGAFAOTH challenge mile in then worked 16 hours!!

Today slept in then shoveled for an hour and went to the gym where I did an interval workout on the treadmill - 6.2 miles total with 1.5 mile warm-up, .5 mile pick-up/.25 mile recovery x 5 then 1.2 mile cool-down. Thankful!!

denise

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, crown is back on my tooth!  So I managed to get 4.33 miles at lunch at a decent pace.  The afternoon included the trip to the dentist.  Then taught spin this evening.  DW put up with my natural tree desire for years, then she got an artificial one.  The most affected being was the cat (the great mouser).  She enjoyed finding a good perch in the natural tree each year then trying to surprise us.

Steve, thanks.  I have a feeling this could be one of those "be careful what you ask for, you might just get it" things...

Have a greta night everyone!

Mariposai

A late posting of my 5.5 miles on the TM at the gym.

That gym pool twocat is enjoying is amazing. Mariposai hugs to all you are hurting.  I have tou in my prayers.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

That is quite the pool. Wow, I agree looks more like a spa than a lap pool.

Tet, too funny. Way to turn Roch's shoulder into your little rant.

So I've really gotten soft. We had temps up to the low teens today, and things were actually plowed. I think this is the first day in weeks we haven't had any new snow! But.... with my meeting schedule it was just not possible to do the get read for the run, do the run, undress from the run and then do the repair job to be ready to go back to work by 1 p.m. With all that, I'd be lucky to get in a 2 mile run. So... 6.2 on the treadmill with some interval action thrown in there, with 3 x .5 mile @ 8 m/m pace, and 3 x .1 mile @ 7:30 pace. Colder tomorrow (high is -12° F) and more mid-day meetings so another TM run tomorrow evening.

Marathon Maniac #957

That doesn't work for me. A truck that is supposed to make deliveries to us broke down in Miamisburg. I'm going to need someone to run 46 cabinets up pronto.

I'll get right on it!  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Pretending to run for the photog at the finish

of Sunday’s Seattle Half Marathon.

Image may contain: one or more people

Great picture!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."