Masters Running

Friday, May 16th ...........Daily running thread (Read 491 times)

Gee......I love running in the heat. I wish I could transpose my passion for that over to those of you facing races and long runs in the heat. I did a 5.37 mile run this evening and arrive at the weekend being able to take tomorrow as an OFF day for running. Yippee. I will do a run to finish off my week on Sunday. The way this RA system works with Sunday being the END of the week has faked me out and taken a while to get used to. I always considered Sunday my first day of the running week. Thanks to Rochrunner and BCMorant for looking at your "lifetime" mileage. I can't get to see everyone's running log if you don't have it viewable by the "public". So my little checking of mileage is limited to those who I can see the log on. This lifetime mileage is of interest to me since I have a long range goal for running a mile for every day that I have lived. Since I never started running until 6 years ago, and I already had 50 years of living behind me at that time, this goal is going to take me a while to achieve. That is actually alright, as it will keep me on track. Have a nice Friday evening. I am entertaining company, which will be fun.
    Vista
    TammyinGP

hey Vista - it's 103 here today . . . Shocked I opted for the nice cool 70 in the gym for my 4 mile hill workout on the TM.

Tammy

This is a great idea vista. I wish I had tracked all the mileage since I started running (at 12). I have paper logs from 1993 to the present and also keep a much more detailed log on training peaks (since 2006). I'll have to do some homework this weekend. When I was in high school, my cross country coach had three summer training groups...the 500 mile blue smurfs, the 1.000 mile orange smurfs and the 1,500 mile ....can't remember if these were smurfs or not. It was a big deal as a member of the girls team to make the 1,500 group and I only did that once primarily because of a crush I had on one of the guys. Now it'll just be interesting to see how the miles add up. Anyway, you've got me thinking.....time to get the calculator out and see how far back I can go! Karin Wow...Tammy! You were smart to work out inside!
        Teresadfp

One day at a time

103???? Wow, that's hard to imagine. It's 56 right now in Maine. At my son's track meet this afternoon, I had on jeans, long sleeves, and a jacket, and was still chilly in the wind. DS15 set a PR in the 3200-meter (1.9884 miles, to be exact!). He won it in 10:02, a PR by 10 seconds. I have to say, one of the best things about being a parent is seeing your child FLOATING after an accomplishment like that! He's gone 4 weeks without a PR, so he was getting bummed (I know, life is rough). He ran that race about 30 minutes after finishing the 800-meter, too. His time in that race was 2:09, which he wasn't as happy about! Off to finish dinner now, to get some food into the kid. Smile Smile Smile

Marathon Maniac #957

She really puts me through an emotional ringer sometimes. One minute sweet and loving, the other screaming at me at the bus stop because I don't have a bandaid for her non-booboo. And not just screaming, but trying to hit me as hard as she can....6 years old in a couple weeks.....when is she going to mellow out? Sigh.
            Hey! Are our daughters twins, separated at birth? .....Wait a minute....I guess that's not possible....but still..... Smile CNY - my nickname for DH is "Papa Smurf," but my kids don't even know what a Smurf is....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

So now the weather website is saying high of 80F tomorrow, not 90F. Wow, they change their minds a lot. Holly - at least we can commiserate. Smile I have no idea where she gets that temper from. Happy Friday evening everyone. Vista, wow. That's a big goal.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."