Masters Running

Wed Aug 19 Runs and Workouts (Read 469 times)

King of PhotoShop

PBJ, as a longtime, diehard Jets fan, I certainly do remember!  Which is the reason why I think he will be a bust.  I watched those two games against the Dolphins last season and found myself rooting for poor Chad Pennington.  He is a fine QB, and the Dolphins will have a great team this year, the second under Sparano.  Spareribs

SR, you will surely appreciate Chad's work ethic.  Quoting here:

"For me personally it was all about the heat and that's why I stayed here the whole month of July and trained in the heat, because that's something I missed the first two weeks last year," Pennington said. "So it's a different element and it doesn't matter if you're training at eight in the morning or eight at night, it's the same feeling, and so for me it was something I had to get used to. I'm still getting used to it but I feel much better than what I did in June, that's for sure."

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

See, that is what's so wrong about Favre just showing up and expecting to start. We all know he's a great quarterback, but what kind of message does that send to his team mates when he's not putting himself through the rigors of training camp - the heat, the pain, - but most importantly - getting to know the guys and feeling like you're all in this together. Sure, he's old, and he's proven himself. But why is he any different than anyone else on the team? If I was the other Minnesota quarterbacks, I'd be upset that after I went through all the practices and thought I was going to start, now I'll be sitting on the bench.  Then you have guys like Chad Pennington who know how to do the right thing...

Sorry, I know this is a running forum

evanflein

Anyone mind if I don't talk football? Next worst thing to baseball, IMO...

10 km of hills at lunch. Amazing how much more relaxed I feel after my run is over... Like I've had my fix or something!

dg.

Erika, we can go to our corner again.     what should I bring?

Fingers crossed for the Beers...

Congrats, Perch.

7.6 in the H/H, after working in the sun all day. .....1:12:00. I'll take the payback come fall, though.

Walt

Way to go perchcreek!

(dd1 is having contractions, pre pitocin -- hopefully there'll be an email overnight.  I hope I'll have pics in the morning, but I don't know if PDR will have time to upload them)

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Lou - I totally forgot your dd was here in boston -- what hospital is she at?  i do labor and delivery at the Brigham and love it!!  Hope she has a wonderful childbirth experience!!

so many great runs out there!! 

posai - you are amazing!!  such speed so soon after your 20 miler!!  you are an inspiration!!

holly - scale the fence -- you'd look like one of the kids out there running with your small speedy body!!

perch -- congrats on the job offer!!

pbj -- sounds like a fun volunteer table!!

slo - great 13+ miles - wish i could feel that great on a long run!!

hopeful - cool cake!!  looks like a great time was had by all!

tonight's track workout was different -- they mixed adult track with youth track -- one adult and 2 kids relay teams

the kids ran 200 meters each then the adult ran 600 x 10!!!

i was thrilled with my times but must have not started my garmin for 1 because i only see 9 recorded and i KNOW we did 10!!     2:56, 3:05, 3:01, 3:05, 3:02, 3:06, 3:06, 3:12, 3:04 and 1 unknown --- with the exception of the 3:12 those are great paces for me so i'm very pleased.............total miles with warm up and cooldown were 5.5 (recorded that is)

denise

TammyinGP

Tet! Thank you so much for that special copy of NWRunner! I love it and laughed so hard at the "version" you sent me! 

I think Tet took a few artistic privileges and altered the front page photos a tad.

you are so  Tet!

Tammy

hopeful4ever congratulations on pulling off the surprise party!  Great looking cake too!  Send the rest to Twocat  at my home address.  Please pack it in a cooler with a lot of ice as I am out of town until Monday. 

perchcreek congratulations on the new job.  Alas, this will likely interfere with your more important running job but sacrafices have to be made somewhere.    What a drag that making a living interferes with so many other things.

spareribs all too true about BF.  My guess is that at best he starts, gets hurt, and costs the team a lot of money to watch games with a sling on from the bench.

As for me, I am out in San Diego for my DW's niece's wedding.  So far so good as in we made it to the hotel unharmed.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Twocat, Enjoy the warmth of San Diego!!!! Glad to hear that you are in the right side of the country

just wanted to say hi to erika, good luck at the Equinox!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks tam, that's the way it would have been if I'd been editor.

please show to johnny too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)