Masters Running

MP3 Player Recommendations? (Read 305 times)

Maniac 505

Zen Stone http://us.creative.com/local/1/promo/meetthenewzens/welcomeb.asp?WT.srch=1 I need an FM radio on mine since my gym prodcasts TV audio over FM stations. this has a built in speaker, charges from the USB port and seems to play forever on a charge. It comes with software, You don't have to use it. drag and drop works fine
      WRFB and SrLopez - does the Sansa recharge via USB cable? If so, does it still need regular battary changes?
      The 'clip' only charges from the USB -- you cannot get to the battery. And plugging it in will shuffle your music (if you configure windows media player correctly) PDR will be mad about the $49 at Best Buy -- she just paid $59 the other day. Oh, that reminds me -- be careful with this -- it's so small that it's easy to overlook and run through the washer/dryer. Roll eyes

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Holly - here's a thought on perhaps why your MP3 player broke. My son got an IPod and always left it in the charger when he wasn't using it. After doing this for a week or two, it wouldn't work any more. I think these are like cellphones, and the charge should be run way down before you recharge them???

Hill Runner

I have a cheap Sansa 1GB unit that I've had for a while but just got a 2GB Ipod Shuffle refurbished by Apple. It came with the same 1 yr.warranty as a new one so why spend the extra money for new? ...$59.00 & free shipping from their website. What attracted me to it was it's size and simplicity.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

Marathon Maniac #957

Holly - here's a thought on perhaps why your MP3 player broke. My son got an IPod and always left it in the charger when he wasn't using it. After doing this for a week or two, it wouldn't work any more. I think these are like cellphones, and the charge should be run way down before you recharge them???
            Well, I've had this thing for almost 3 years, and it didn't give me any problems until Sunday when I noticed the On/Off button wasn't working very well. Today it wouldn't work at all, even after repeated attempts. I think the button just broke. WRFB - got the Sansa clip tonight. I love it! Super easy, extremely cute! I stood there in line holding the package in both hands, thinking , "adorable!" Then I plugged it in, loaded music on it - no problem. Thanks, folks, for all your recommendations!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

WRFB - got the Sansa clip tonight. I love it!
              Great -- enjoy it!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Head Procrastinator

Holly, I LOVE my Sansa Clip. I have the 2 gig, it was the biggest one they made at the time. It's my third Sansa. The other two still work but this one is just so adorable and handy. Have fun with it!
                ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
                  Ipod nano. Been using it for years. Love it. Ipods are easy to learn. The software is simple. They have lots of cool accessories. Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

The Jogger

Marathon Maniac #957

Roy - that's the one I bought, although I got the 4G instead of the 8G - only $49.00 at Best Buy this week!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."