Masters Running

Monday Back to Work and School Runs (Read 525 times)

BTW: what happened to the Eagles yesterday?

All of the eagles I know of are doing nicely, thanks for asking.  The number of nesting pairs in New Jersey continues to rise, including two new pairs close to my NJ hangout.  Smile  

Eliz

Life-long Phillies fan, but don't pay much attention to other sports in Philly. 

flomotioncoaching.com

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

..Hi Enke!!!

good to see you posting and running!!! come out to Woodinville , we can do a walk/jog on the trail one morning now that the kids are heading back to school!!!

No running today, busy day at work trying to do some inventory.. It is raining ..lets see how wet the week will be before I decide if I run the 50K at Bridle trails on Sat!

Happy  back to real life Monday!!

Francesca

evanflein

Hey Larry, you are right on that one: the test will be tomorrow morning. That's how I knew I needed to back off (again)... when the ankle hurt in the morning when it should've been all rested up.

Enke!! So glad to see you and you're starting to run again! Happy New Year indeed. And I can certainly understand that 11 pound gain... I'm up 10 from my pre-RVM weight. Haven't weighed this much since after having a baby!!

SteveP

Holly, in my opinion it's not whether you should run, but rather how much sleep you're able to get.  If you get enough sleep you'll be fine to run and do all your other stuff.

Bill

Been there and I agree. We can't earn more time. Say lots of prayers too...

Three miles is good Hallar.

The dog and I went for a 45 min. out and back. 26F with a freezing mist...IRC....The dog dug into the snow and came up with a stick longer than he his. It made his night. We brought it home so he could show DW. She wasn't as impressed with it as he was.

SteveP

Renee the dog

4 miles tonight while the kids swam.  It was a heat wave, with wind chill up to 17º F!  Whoo hoo! I wasn't the only nutty parent out there running while our kids swam. 

Woefully behind.  So I'm going to do random responses for the next week until I get caught up. Here's todays segment:

Aamos: No, those are last year's pajamas.  My parents eventually let us open everything on Christmas Eve, and I decided nothing on Christmas Eve as it makes Christmas a bit of a letdown.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

dg.

The Bayshore marathon is full.   !!!  I just went to register, they said they had 10 spots left but the registration is closed. 

sigh.

Well, the good stuff..    hi Enke!   it is so good to hear from you.  And a run.  Big grin.   I won't even begrudge you the IRC! 

(((())))

Sue, it's good to hear from you too.   Get better.   How is your DH?

And Slo is running!   yay!!

Twocat's having a party, we're all invited, then we're going to visit Bruce. 

Lot's of good things... more I know but that will have to do for now. 

Erika & Carolyn... good luck.   I like my sports med doc better than the podiatrist because the podiatrist I saw didn't consider anything north of the foot.  said he wasn't a kinesiologist.

Mariposai, I will listen to you about those 5 icy miles.    It is nerve wracking,   I tell ya.  

Ok, you & me & Stevep will run together.    Steve can bring ice cream. 

today was sort of a rest day, about 45 min. of core work, some snow shoveling, and a Sadie walk this evening.   tomorrow I will try again to get to the gym by 5, I did last time but usually am a few minutes later.  those minutes count in the morning!

oh yeah, detox.   I've gotten through step 1:   thinking about it.  .   I figure this is kind of like asbestos removal.   It needs to be approached delicately.   ;-).   On to step 2.   Waiting for someone to tell me what that is. 

p.s.   still really bummed about Bayshore. 

Slo is running again, Ms. Enke drops us a line, now all we need is Ribs and Timbo and we're back to our usual suspects.

I'm caught in Twocat's cold front, so I hit the treadmill again: 6 in 48:34, 1/2 mile WD. Walt.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Enke, I know what you mean!  I gained 7 pounds during my down period the last month or so.  Ouch!  The new year has gotten me back into gear, though.  6 miles at the Y - what a grind!  The roads were just pure ice, though, so I couldn't bring myself to run on them. 

That Fenway skating looked like fun, if you know how to skate!  (I don't.)

Life should be easier now that DS has all 11 of his college applications in.   Some of the coaches are starting to e-mail or call to ask how serious he is about their school.  It's hard to believe that within three months, we'll know where he's going next year!

Maniac 505

waving madly at Enke.

I am afraid to step on a scale.  I haven't been running nearly enough and I have no excuse (unless I can pretend to use work as an excuse)

;anything is a start (I keep telling myself)!

Keep in touch

Dave

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

waving madly at Enke.

Me, too!!  Ihope to be back on the road very shortly, and work right along with you.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

SteveP

Did some one say "Ice cream."?

SteveP