Masters Running

Race Reports for the weekend of May 20-21 (Read 28 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

. It was a fun race and we won it. The Wag Walk and Run 5k in Eden Prairie we ran it in 21:02. I got a medal and Archie got a leash that says he was the winner of the 2017 Race. 

Well done!  You and Archie are fast!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Hills and mud are my friends, I told myself.

Shoes

I finished 59th out of 299. I will definitely be back.

Wow - that race sounds awesome!  And since you placed so well, even though you walked the last 7 miles, you must have been flying for the first part of the race!  Well done, and hopefully your turned ankle will clear right up.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Going into this, I had three main goals, all of which I met:

I actually won my AG, but it was a bit of a disappointment since I was the only one in it (male 70-and-up). But I'll take credit for finishing 75th overall out of about 200. I was the oldest person in the race, so I think that's a pretty good placing.

Great job on meeting your goals, and I agree, that is great placing!

SubDood

Nice racing, rochrunner!

Nice AG win, pfriese! 

Congrats to you and Archie, spinach!!

Whitewater

I found this photo from my race's website. I can't take credit for the pic, and don't know who to give credit to. But I LOVED this spot on the course.

I did get to hang out with DW and DS after the race, right on Lake Superior. The big waves were fun to watch:

Waves

spinach

Here are a couple pictures from the race in the rain on Saturday:

Here we are finishing the race

:Me and Archie finishing

Here is Archie drinking water from the Winner's Trophy:

Winner's Trophy

A fun race, Dogs love to run, more people should also.

Tramps

Paul--nice AG win!  You've been on a roll lately. So great to have a race right in your backyard.

Spinach--Congrats to you and Archie!  What a fun concept for a race.  I don't think we have any of those nearby. The pics are great, especially Archie drinking from his trophy.

SubDood--Ouch.  That's tough.  Sounds like you had plenty of "friends" that day.  Nice job gutting it out. How's the ankle doing, though?

Doug--Nice work!  AG win and oldest racer finishes nearly in the top 1/3.  Well done!

Be safe. Be kind.

Marathon Maniac #957

nice pics!