Masters Running

Wednesday, 09 March, 2016. Springing it! (Read 35 times)

Holly S. the caption I saw with the picture was something like, "Alligators learn how to make road signs." 

I skipped running today. Just gym work. Then it was off to the body shop to see about getting the door undented. The good news is that the car will be ready on Friday. Not bad.

I have an entry into the annals of students paying no attention whatsoever to lectures or the notes you give them:  This past Monday's lecture featured instructions on how to do something on a Bloomberg terminal. (If you have no idea what one is, think pre PC computer interface and display and you have it. Also, think how Mr. Bloomberg became a billionaire while you are at it.) I tell them if you use the menu system to do the assignment you are likely to get an error message. Why because you can pull a field called "price" that for some reason will not work in the calculation you want Bloomberg's servers to perform. Instead you need to type "price" in the yellow field area. Then use the one that comes up there. Does this make any sense? No. But it is the way it is. Today what happens? I get an email from the students wondering why they are getting the error message I told them they would get if they went through the menus. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Great 7-mile round trip hike up to the old ski cabin with about ten parks-and-rec regulars who hike local trails every Wednesday and Saturday that’s not a major holiday (Christmas, etc.). One of ‘em who seemed to know too much local lore turned out to be a year ahead of me in high school so we were telling everyone else about “Killer Hill,” “Oola the snowcat,” etc.
      Best part of the finale day for this trip was surviving the two hour evening swimming with GS as he finally passed the “48-inch” test and qualified for the three story high water slide and all papo had to do was stand down at the bottom of the slide in the relaxing torrent on tired legs and watch him run-up-the-stairs and slide-down, up-and-down, up-and-down. Oh, the simple joys of grandfatherdom and being old.
      Back to reality on Thursday.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Best part of the finale day for this trip was surviving the two hour evening swimming with GS as he finally passed the “48-inch” test and qualified for the three story high water slide and all papo had to do was stand down at the bottom of the slide in the relaxing torrent on tired legs and watch him run-up-the-stairs and slide-down, up-and-down, up-and-down. Oh, the simple joys of grandfatherdom and being old.
        Back to reality on Thursday.

One of the best things ever.

SteveP