Masters Running

Tuesday, August 25 Master Runs and Workouts (Read 352 times)

Now....onto apples.

There's an early Mac variety around here...the Paula Red. Come October, they're gone. But 'til then, dee-lish.

I also like Honeycrisps, Fujis, and Macouns, but straight off the tree? They're all good.

No running today. Might run to the farm store for some apples.

Walt

Wow! Three pages of barfing and spewing and thank goodness for Walt and his apple post (even if a diversionary tactic). I used to live near Lafayette Orchards and the best apples (or at least in Central NY). Yum....dinner's cooking now and MY stomach is just fine thank you very much.

Just wanting to say HURRAY FOR NATE, Jr. and Congratulations to the new grandparents and parents. Last year when I went on vacation, Ribs went and got a valve replaced.  This year a new little guy emerges and on the kiddo's birthday! I am sorry for all the birth waiting, but August 20 is a grand day. My kiddo is now thirteen and had a blast watching the Red Sox win in Toronto for his big day (even if a Tornado was raging outside the Rogers Centre).

I am running, running, running as the monster miles continue. 12 plus miles today with 3 as a warm-up to the track and then 5x1 mile intervals that were supposed to be 6:50-6:55 with 1:30 rest. Results were 7:03, 7:04, 7:00, 6:58, 7:02----didn't have it, but okay all in all after a 23 miler on Sunday along the Erie Canal in Rochester with 10 @7:30-7:40 pace in there. 3 miles home after the track---12 total---jumped in the car for a meeting in Manchester, NH {{{{{{lamerunner}}}}}}}} and tomorrow more meetings in NH and then on a plane for Ohio (just close to Holly, but not close enough this time.....boo hoo). Work is heating up and that's good, but dang...it cuts into my on-line time.

I'll have to read back threads for a few days I think.

{{{{{{Tallrunner}}}}}}}

Until soon!

TammyinGP

the reeeeeally best apples though are those in a caramel apple pie . . . oh and it's almost apple season!! whoo hoo!!

Tammy

It was only about 5-6 years ago that I even realized there were different types of apples ... can you say city girl!  I'm glad I know better now ...

Sorry to have been absent for a little while, the niece and her son were here and then I had some work to do and then off to the 10 miler in MI and then watched the kiddos on Sunday so DH could do homework then the work week started up again ... I guess life happened

I'll try to get the race report in a few minutes, it was awesome getting to meet fellow RAers at the race and then dg on the way home who was so sweet, she even bought me lunch!! 

Yesterday was a fast recovery run, 47 min, 5.44 mi (8:38), I kept holding back but still ended up faster than I intended.

Today was the first day of intramurals on base again (lasts for 10 weeks) which was a 2 mi run ... it usually starts every Tues at 1130 which is hot as it is but the race folks were late so we didn't start until about 1145 and it was already 80 deg and sunny.   I read recently to warm up a little more aggressively than I had previously so I tried it out on Sun and it worked so I tried it again today and I think it worked.  So even with the heat and the 10 mile run on Sat I was able to run a 12:52 (6:26).  I was a little nervous at first when I past a guy at the .5 mi point that has always run faster than me but I figured I had found a groove and I want to see how long I could maintain it.  I maintained it the whole way, never slowed and probably could have pushed a little more but didn't since I had the 10 mile race last sat and have a 22 miler LR this coming sat.

All in all I'm extremely happy to be back on track with my training after the minor bout with achilles issues and taking it easy to recover properly.

Holly .. the woman was the wife of a fellow student here at the Air Force Institute of Technology, definitely a sad story but a good reminder to be careful and never assume a driver can see you, you will always lose in that situation if you are wrong.

Pleasant Wed runs for those of you running tomorrow

rs 

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)
          lamerunner

CNY, you are in Manchester??? I wish I could run. I live in the North end of Manchester and work in the Millyard.  Where will you be?

3/4 mile swim at lunch the a one hour spinning/cycling class after work. Hard to bike outside during the week, unles I head out at dawn.

I want to run.....

Hey Lamerunner...so sorry about the running. Soon maybe? and perhaps we can grab a few miles together in late September since I'll be back and forth a bit. I am actually back home now. I'll be back up in Manchester tomorrow a.m. for one meeting and then onto a plane for Ohio---squished tomorrow. I'll let you know when I am back next tho'....doing some work for UNHM, so close to where you are I imagine.

Hang in there

evanflein

7.1 miles today, lots of hills. Well, actually there was one main hill but it's really really big.... It was another gnatty run tonight. Sure looking forward to those icky little bugs being gone.
                lamerunner

UNHM is just a couple buildings  away,..... hope to run with you next time.