Masters Running

Saturday, July 11 Masters Runs and Rides (Read 321 times)

TammyinGP

very nice racing and winning Mari!

Glad to hear you changed your mind about that marathon next year Ribs and are looking at it from a different perspective.

DS arrived home from camp yesterday afternoon. He had a wonderful time but was so glad to see his dogs, his room, his stuff. And he was one tired boy! He had his favorite dinner of homemade mac & cheese, grilled burgers and a brownie for dessert. He got a much, VERY much, needed bath and he fell asleep on the couch pretty early last night. So good to have him home.

Went out for a 6 mile run this a.m. just an easy, nothing special run, but sure felt good.

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

Tammy, glad to hear your DS had a good time and is home from camp.  We're taking DD to music camp tomorrow - she went last year too and had a great time.  It's at Colorado State University, and they stay in the dorms and eat at the student center, which is fun and kind of like "practice" for college.  Camp ends on Friday with concerts by the band, orchestra, and choir campers.

Ribs, glad to hear you're still just a mere mortal, and bag runs because you get tired.   Over 50 miles for the week is excellent.

I tried to go for a morning run before it got hot, but could only manage a sluggish mile. It was only 60° but blazing sun.  I decided running is supposed to be fun, and I wasn't having fun.  But now, at 4:30 pm, it's 62° and overcast, since a thunderstorm just passed through to cool things off, so I'll head out and try again. 

I also spent about 3 hours today helping DH put new motor mounts in our old plow truck. Man, those bolts are in tight places to reach! We had to remove the old bolts, jack up the engine and swap out the mounts for the new ones, then re-bolt everything back in place.  He commented that he's glad I'm not a girly girl.  I said, me too.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

DW ran her first race of the year!  It was 3.05 miles.  From what she told me she did quite well.  Alas, I was stuck at a conference so I was not there.  I will provide some additional details if I get them.  But this is a good sign for her working up to a HM this fall!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Twocat, good luck with your blood procedure.  ribs, congrats on your breakthrough mileage week.

Nice long runs for holly (including speedwork),breger, runningsmarter (including speedwork), and mariposai (including a tough 10 mile trail race).

This morning, I did an 8K race in the small tourist town of Port Austin at the tip of Michigan's "thumb".  It took me 44:09 for an 8:54 pace.  This was 25 seconds better than the 8K I did earlier this year and I saw a lot of friends.  On the way home, I stopped at a park/campground and ran 2 more miles at a 9:49 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

wildchild

Carolyn

Tom, congrats on a good 8K!  Kind of an odd distance - I don't think there are any 8K's around here.

Mariposai, nice 10 mile trail run on the hills!

Twocat, glad your DW had a good race. Why 3.05 miles, and not a 5K?

My second time out running today was SOOO much better than the first!  It's funny, because I thought even though I'm not a morning runner, I'd be glad I got up and got out early, plus I'd feel so virtuous, but I felt like crap. Just goes to show that being virtuous is overrated.    But this afternoon, it was 58°, overcast and raining lightly, and just delightful.  I ran another 4 miles with the dogs to make 5 for the day. I would have gone further but another thunderstorm is moving in.  Long run tomorrow after I take DD to music camp.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Renee the dog

Wildchild,

My 2 1/2 yr old son is in love with your avatar!  Everytime he sees it he points and smiles!

Got my 4.7 mi in tonight on the sand late in the afternoon.  Did a couple speed bursts near the end.  Not ready before that. Earlier in the day, 2 naps (after the original one with Renee) won out.  I have no idea what was wrong with me, but I feel fine now.

Have a great night all!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

TammyinGP

nice racing Tom!  And congrats on beating your time the last time you ran that course. Always great to see improvement like that. Is that a course PR for you then?

Tammy

evanflein

Tom, I've found I really like the 8k distance. Not as frantic as a 5k, but doesn't need quite the commitment for a 10k. Nice time for you today.

I had an awesome outing today. DH drove me to the local bike shop where we picked up my bike (my 32 year old 10 speed) that just got new tires. I left the bike there, and ran a nice 6.05 miles at about 8:37 avg pace in an out-and-back ending at the bike shop again. Drank some water, and headed up the hill for some hill repeats. I don't remember how many of those suckers I did, but I ran up about .1 mile, then jogged down .05, circle and repeat. Got up to the end of the really steep part and jogged back down, then ran back to the bike shop (3 miles total), got my bike and rode 5.8 miles to DH's office. Sort of a reverse brick, I guess. Temps about 77 and sunny. 

Then went to the airport and picked up DS2, home from a week at soccer camp. Now we're all tired and ready for a late dinner (I had to go shopping after all that).

Mariposai

What a terrific day you had today Erika. Just reading your post made me smile.

Great racing tselb!!! you too had a terrific day today. Just the way a weekend it should be.

yeah!!!!!!!!!!! twocat, great to hear about yoru DW's race. You ARE going to make a half marathoner from her yet. I just know it.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard