Masters Running

Thurs Oct 23 Daily (Read 469 times)

Hi everyone - I'm okay! The surgery took longer than I imagined yesterday, but the good news is that they were able to get all of the tumor.
    Geez, I haven't been paying attention. This caught my eye after posting the following. Glad to hear they think they got it all, Mary!
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/thebestbaconsarnie_67722.shtml Now you know Lou Smile
    Sounds good. Uh, < urp!="" /> Tight lipped (excuse me) If that picture is accurate, I don't think we get that kind of bacon around here anyway. Smile

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

So... Sarnies are basically bacon and bacon fat sandwiches? Oy...
        “I'm okay! The surgery took longer than I imagined yesterday, but the good news is that they were able to get all of the tumor.” Mary – that truly is wonderful news, enjoy your pass to laziness…God knows you’ve earned it! "At one point, I approached the crest of a hill and as I looked up a nice buck was silhouetted against the sky for a moment before he bounded off into the woods. Just great being out in the woods on a day like this." Tramps – aren’t those moments just priceless? That reminds me of a run we had a few weeks ago and the guys were pointing out a rabbit on a lawn in front of a house, it stood so perfectly still and they all started laughing…well I thought they were pulling my leg and that it must have been a ceramic rabbit…well on the return run I saw the rabbit again only this time it was hopping wildly around…holy carp I thought that thing was real after all…so cool! “I, too, am missing the ideal running conditions. (Twocat, I'm chiming in even though I live above 3,000 ft.) Yesterday I worked at home, and we had 3 inches of new snow. The high was in the mid 20's.” Shocked Carolyn – OK I’ll stop whining now! “I bought a pb book written by Don Larsen's cousin -- great little memoir about baseball as it used to be, growing up around it, and the impact of Larson perfect game on his 9-10 year old cousin in Indiana.” Amy – now that is really cool, I will definitely check this one out, it sounds like a really good read. “What's so great about the workout? You didn't hit your target pace even once...” DickyG – I know, I’ll try harder this afternoon…hey it was consistent though. Wink “I forgot to mention, last night I ordered new shoes for my Marathon also....have about 400 miles on mine now and don't want to take a chance.” Tim – yeah it is a good thing you remembered, even the good old reliable ones can sometimes not work out so it is always better to be prepared. “oh, forgot to mention, when I was driving home yesterday, I saw a guy out riding his bike that had on a black Batman shirt! He wasn't as good looking as our Steve though - so I know it was just a SteveWannaBe.” Tammy – now that just plain brought a smile to my face, really made me chuckle. Big grin
          Hey, I just got carded at the store because I had some wine in my shopping cart. Tongue And it was already a perfect day!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

Enke, some stores have to check ID for ALL alcohol sales, because they've been busted for selling to minors. Although I suppose it's possible you look under age 21. Cool TomS, that was a cracking 12-miler! Aamy, good luck and have fun at the MCM this weekend! Hope you get another 1st in AG! Tammy, nice that you can take off some time on Friday to run the half marathon course with your friend. Really helps to preview the course! And I liked your comment about the steve-wannabe. Wink DickyG, good luck against he-who-shall-not-be-named (no, not Lord Voldemort!) at your 10K race this weekend! Craneium, glad to hear the ankle is better and you're back out running with your 5th grade 5K club. I had a cracking 6.5 mile run at lunchtime, avg pace 9:52. It's back to IRC, at least down in the flatlands. 50 degrees and sunny. Just the way I like it!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Hey wildchild, don't burst my bubble! Wink

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

dg.

enke, enjoy that bubble!! just like I do when Meijer's automated check-out cards me. Big grin
                evanflein

I know, isn't it funny that when you're in your 20s you hate being carded, but then it happens less and less and you start thinking, Gee I must really be lookin' old these days! Then some sweet young thing cards you in the wine shop and you're just so tickled for the rest of the day. Yes Ok, maybe that's just me who gets so tickled... but I do enjoy it!

Renee the dog

Just back from 7 mi with Renee. I HATE the weather around here this time of year. I'm hot/I'm cold/I'm hot/I'm cold continued for all 7 miles! Apparently, it didn't bother Renee though as she's running wild in the house playing fetch for the kids. Enke, enjoy your bubble. I didn't get carded even when I was under 21. I've looked old for a long time!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Thursday - 8.05 miles 1:01:07 (7:35) Avg HR 140 Max HR 150 - sunny, windy & 45 degrees 8:07 - 7:43 - 7:13 - 7:17 - 7:09 - 7:14 - 7:45 - 8:12 All right DickyG I didn’t nail but one of those miles and that was a cool down mile at that…oh well I tried and I felt pretty good, I’m pretty happy with it anyways. Big grin This is my Garmin data:
                      Mariposai

3 miles walk up the hill and 30m of weights and core ex.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

35 minutes of stationary bike (10.5 miles) at a pretty high level, trying to get my HR up like running. Even at level 15 and 90 rpm, it's not easy to do on the bike. Oh well. Then 20 minutes of pool running including having to explain to nosy friend what I was doing and why. Roll eyes This is so frustrating.
                          SteveP

Greta news Mary!!!!!

SteveP