Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 07/25 (Read 518 times)

Point to Ponder: To be intoxicated is to feel sophisticated, but not be able to say it.

Have a great week, peeps.  Now get out there and enjoy the gift!

Erika - 46.3 miles run, 2.3 miles walked, 4 miles on the elliptical and just one abs/core workout

Shadowrunner -27.8 running miles, 1.25 hrs core, 820 push-ups, 50 min free weights

Dutchie -52.8 running kms, 26 speedy biking kms, upper body-1x, abs-3x, cardio-1x

Dove - 75.5 running miles  (), 1 weight session, 1 swim workout

Stumpy - 7.85 running miles, yoga, airport walking (Thanks for the totals, Stumpy. )

pfriese - 50 running miles.

fatozzig - 18 road miles, 50 min upper body/core

Nicely done, folks.  Nicely done. 

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest (may do ab/core) -------------------------------------------

Tues - UB/Core Strength Training; Hill Repeats ----------------- 50 mins upper/core; hill repeats (1.70-ish miles)

Wed - 10 miles w/Strides ----------------------------------------------- 8.70 miles w/strides

Thurs - 3 or 30; Strength Training ------------------------------------ 30 min stationary cycling; 1 hr core/strength training

Fri - Rest (may do ab/core) --------------------------------------------- Rest

Sat - 14 trail miles w/Hills ---------------------------------------------- 13.75 trail miles

Sun - 10 miles ------------------------------------------------------------- 10 road miles

Totals: 20.40 road miles, 13.75 trail miles, 30 min stationary cycling, 1.50 hrs core/strength training

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Thanks again, Leslie!

This week will be a sort of taper week before my 16.5 mile race on Sunday. I sure hope the rain stops or it's going to be a sloppy mess of a run!

Monday: Rest Day, but I did get out for a 2.2 mile walk in the evening

Tuesday: 5.3 miles, 8:08 avg pace, .4 mile walk

Wednesday: 9.1 mile tempo run in the rain, 7:58 avg pace

Thursday: 4.4 miles, 8:22 avg; .6 mile walk

Friday: 6.5 miles progressive pace run (from 8:30 down to 7:39, 8:08 avg pace), .6 mile walk c/d

Saturday: 4.1 miles easy, .4 mile walk

Sunday: Gold Discovery Run, 16.5 miles, 2:13:08.5 (a new PR, but just barely!)

Totals: 46 miles run, 4.2 miles walked

Hey Dutchie, that stinks that one treatment causes another problem, but at least they're getting progressively easier to deal with? You do keep up an amazing workout schedule, by the way. Always like to read through your week!

Dutchie42

Thanks Leslie, Hi Erika,

First off, been to the eye doctor today for an after-surgery check up. For the good news: (1) I have 100% vision in my R-eye, meaning it's as bad or good as it was before the retinal detachment and (2) the two visual distortions will disappear over time.

For the bad news: he expects me to have cataract surgery within 2 years. Apparently cataract will be caused by the retinal detachment surgery I've had and the gas they used in my eye. On the upside, I googled the whole cataract thing and surgery is a piece of cake and odds are, it will improve my vision

Mon:  nothing scheduled.

Did the UB and ab w/o I had scheduled for tomorrow with 12 pushups as a warmup about an hour after dinner . It's a great w/o and hits 3 muscle groups (chest, shoulders, triceps) in 45 minutes. Should do it more often. Added on a 12 min ab w/o.

Tue: 7K hills/intervals + 30min UB + abs

A hills/intervals mix
          7 min wu @9K/h
          3 min of 30 sec@10K with 30sec recovery @ 9K
          followed by hill repeats
          90 sec @ 3-4-5% with 90 sec recoveries @ 0% (@9K)
          1 minute walkbreak for water and a fructose tablet
          another set of hill repeats
          90 sec @ 5-4-3% with 90 sec recoveries @ 0% (@9K)
          5 min of 30 sec@10K with 30sec recovery @ 9K
          then finished up till I hit the 7K mark at an easy pace of 9K

Added on a 20min LB w/o. Loosened up my legs very nicely  I feel very sleepy right now.

Wed: 1h30 easy

Smooth. Effortless. Powerful. That's what this mornings 11.2K run (1h15) was like. Maintained a pretty good pace despite temp already at 20C. I feel great. Saw deer along the way. Saw them before Spooky did so I could put her on leash. Magnificent run.  Left my run a little late, so had to cut it short by 15 minutes.

Thu: 7K easy + Plyo

Another fantastic run.A nice and easy 7.3K with Spooky. Lovely morning too: sunny with a breeze. 

Pushups: 14+8+4

Fri: 30min UB + abs

Another gorgeous morning: sunny with a breeze. There's a crispiness in the air that hasn't been there for over a month.
          Just a short recovery type 3K run. Should've taken Spike too, but I was running late and taking Spike would add about 10 minutes to my run. He didn't seem too interested anyway. Maybe he still thinks it's too hot to run? I'll report later whether I did or didn't do the UB after work

Biked to work: 6.5K in 18 min going to work, and 16 min going home.

Sat: 5K doggie run + HiiT w/o 30/30

Legs felt tired this morning. Took Spike with me who did really well until the point where we turned round to go home, sigh. He sort of instantly became this very disobedient doggie that I just had put on leash again. 

Added on an aerobics HiiT w/o again. Legs had a bit of a problem with the jumping. Guess eating a pizza on Thu and instant noodle soup on Fri makes for a bad w/o day 

Sun: 2h30 long run

I swear I was sleepy and my legs felt really tired this morning. I decided to listen to my body and shorten my long run and go for a really slow and easy pace. I choose a 5K out and back route.  As I started running, my legs felt better than I expected, so within the first 60 meters I already changed my mind and added 700 meters to the start of my run. As I was putting in the first 2 kilometers I realised my legs were not feeling as bad as I thought and I could lengthen my run. Maybe do 10 kilometers? So I changed my route again. And again. And again. And some more. In the end I did run the scheduled 2h30. Sadly, the extra 10 minutes I ran compared to last week, only converted to a 1.2 kilometer increase in distance. On the upside, I felt great, my legs felt great and I even increased my speed in the tree tunnel, up to 6:50 min (18th kilometer) and 6:34 (19th kilometer). Total long run: 21.21 kilometers. Not too shabby for a sleepy and tired me. 

Total mileage running: 55.9 kilometers

Total mileage biking: a little over 14 kilometers

LB:1x

UB:1x

Abs: 1x

Other cardio:1x

Erika: I have 90 minutes dedicated to working out every morning. Unless I sleep in. Or stay on the internet for too long 

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Leslie.

MON:  AM: 15 mins core excercises, 180 push-ups, 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild leg stretching. PM: 60 mins UB free weight work-out wth light leg work-out.

TUE: AM: 15 mins core excercises, 170 push-ups, 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild leg stretching. Mid afternoon run 83F and humid.  4+miles @7:59 pace.

WED:  Slept in today, so skipped the core and did some quick isometric excercises.  I goyt an evening run in 4.5 miles -very hot and humid.  Was hoping to do intervals but turned out to be easy.  Overall pace 8:19 per mile.

THUR: AM: 15 mins core excercises, 160 push-ups, 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild leg stretching. PM: 60 mins UB free weight work-out wth light leg work-out.  Decided to make today a running unscheduled rest day  - Taking your advice Leslie.

FRI: AM: 15 mins core excercises, 160 push-ups, 3 sets of abds and pull-ups, mild leg stretching.  SRD for rest of day.

SAT:  10.9 miles this morning 2 8:55 pace in hot and humid temps.  Definitely a soaker.

SUN:    4.13 miles in hot and humid temps again!

total miles 24.2 miles

670 push-ups

hour core training

2 hrs free weights.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Dove

The Dovenator

An easy week for me........

Monday: rest...................................................................rest

Tuesday: 5 miles............................................................5 miles

Wednesday: 5 miles......................................................7 miles

Thursday: 5 miles..........................................................6 miles

Friday: rest.......................................................................weights

Saturday: Bivalve Mud Run 250 Yard Dash................250 yards (felt like a marathon!)

Sunday: 5 miles...............................................................7 miles

Total 25+ miles 1 weight session

"it's just like having fun, but different"

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

You're very welcome, Leslie.  And thank you for noticing. 

This has apparently turned into a rest week for me.  Made it to yoga on Monday, then travelled to Charlotte early on Tuesday.  Tried to wake up early to run this morning, looked out the window and said it's too damn dark, and went back to sleep for another hour.  I'm hoping that I can get some runs in once we make it up to Maine for a week.  Then maybe I can actually make a plan.

let's see....

Friday About 3.5 miles up in Maine.  Confused the garmin by starting before it found all its satelites in the new location, so realized when the average pace started at about 33M/M

Sunday:  did 5 miles in two pieces.  First mile ended up as a loop to hit the facilities, and then 4 afterwards.  3 H's even early in the morning.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Decided to make today a running unscheduled rest day  - Taking your advice Leslie.

I'm a little dizzy and faint, but recovering . . . .

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

I'm a little dizzy and faint, but recovering . . . .

I missed this...didn't know you suffered from the vapors!  But you always were a genteel lady.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

pfriese

Thanks Leslie,

M - rest day

T - 7.8 miles

W - sick

Th - sick

F - rest

Sa - rest

Su - 13.8 miles

Total - 21.6 miles

Paul

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hi, can I play too? Thanks!

Mon.... 6.1 miles, yoga

Tues... 5.5 miles, yoga

Wed... 3.1 miles

Thur.... 5.1 miles

Fri...... yoga

Sat..... 5.5 miles

Sun.... 7.5 miles

totals: 32.8 miles, 3x yoga

evanflein

Hi OrangeMat! Glad to see you over here at RA! 
                          Dutchie42

Erika: CONGRATS on the PR. How did your race go. Was it sunny and dry?

Dutchie
                            Run the day, or the day runs you.