Masters Running

First Run after MCL tear (Read 287 times)

U.M.W.B

Hello everybody Big grin I have been away due to my knee injury and unable to run Black eye However I am happy to report I ran today for the first time in 3 Mos!. only 2 miles with just a little discomfort. But I'm really happy and I feel like I am on the road to recovery. I havent had surgery and I'm hoping to put that off for as long as I can. I HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL!!! Oogley

King of PhotoShop

Glad to hear you are making some improvement. If you had some discomfort today, then that should be a clue to you that you still need to work on this problem actively. Did you ice after you ran? And you will take tomorrow off won't you? Heal up actively. Good luck. Spareribs
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Welcome back, OOgly. Seems to be lots of others coming back from long lay-offs. I'm very happy to be one of them, so I know hwo good it feels. Go slow, so you can enjoy it more.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

U.M.W.B

Yep I did ice up, and now I'm playing a few rounds of recovery WII golf Cool Thanks stumpy77 It feel's great to at least gotten out and gotten my feet wet. Smile Smile

Hill Runner

Hello everybody Big grin I have been away due to my knee injury and unable to run Black eye However I am happy to report I ran today for the first time in 3 Mos!. only 2 miles with just a little discomfort. But I'm really happy and I feel like I am on the road to recovery. I havent had surgery and I'm hoping to put that off for as long as I can. I HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL!!! Oogley
            Glad to hear that you are starting to feel better and that you are healing without surgery. As someone who has been down that path, I have to stress that you need time to heal from this, do not rush it. There will be plenty of time to run once you are fully healed. Be patient.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
            Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
            Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

UMWB, I'm glad to hear of your progress and to have you post. Be cautious as you continue your comeback. Keep us posted. TomS
              wildchild

Carolyn

Hey there Oogly, welcome back. You don' t need to run to post, you know! Don't be a stranger! Smile

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Marathon Maniac #957

Hey there Oogly, welcome back. You don' t need to run to post, you know! Don't be a stranger! Smile
                  Yep. What she said. Smile

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."