Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 7.2.19 (Read 45 times)

Holly S. congratulations! Nicely done.

RunningAhead + pictures = AWFUL!

Can you spot the oddity in this picture? My town, and many in my area, are cheap, cheap, cheap!

While DW and I were away a squall must have blown through town. Knocked trees down all over the place, taking down electrical lines and blocking roads. One tree crashed into a house and sort of split it in half! Spectacular enough that it made the local TV news stations.

Ran 3 today. Tomorrow looks to be an elliptical day.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

2.1 more miles after work on the treadmill. 5.3 for the day.   Cat Willie Nelson gratuitously peed on my Amazon package that Ken left on the floor of my home office because Ken didn't get the cats' dinner in time!   Lovely.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

And I thought I finally figured it out! Dammit

Thanks, Roch. That’s the hubs. Who are you on Strava? I’m sure you’ve posted before, sorry.

I'm myself on Strava of course (Doug Gordon) 

And congratulations to you, Holly! What is it they say about the law? "The wheels of justice turn exceedingly slowly, but they grind exceedingly fine." Justice is served!

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, slept in this morning so it became a penance run.  May change this to Purgatory run.  It was HOT.  Upper 90s.  High humidity, higher by the Alabama River.  A bit over 6 miles at a 9:10 pace.  Ugh.  After work taught spin.  Three students tonight.

Holly, Congratulations!

Roch, I loved Harper's Ferry.  I lived in Winchester, VA for a couple of years and loved that area.  Harper's Ferry is special for all the reasons you gave.

Joe, safe travels and enjoy the meeting with Mike!  1 mile races are pretty fun.  They hurt....but not for nearly as long as a 5k. 

Dave, safe travels to you as well.  We'll probably pass each other on 65.  I'm heading north from Montgomery tomorrow after our staff meeting (lunchtime at the latest).

Tramps, nice photos!  That is also a lovely area.

Starr, I do very little socially on Strava.  I mainly got it as a far less expensive option for tracking my bike rides.  I also use the basic version.  Does what I need.  I use Training Peaks (also basic) to track my mileage, shoe miles, etc.

Steve, thanks for the photos.

Have a greta night everyone!

pfriese

Once again behind on RA. I've been busy this week with the house remodel/update. We got the new windows in on Friday & the new front door today. We will be going on vacation starting on the 4th. So, I've been trying to get the pool, yard, & garden to the point I can leave them on their own for 10 days. I did get my 12 mile Mt. Scott run in yesterday and this morning I ran 8.3 miles after a morning thundershower. It was wonderful.

Paul

I cannot see puppy.

I DEMAND to see puppy!

Congrats, Holly!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

TammyinGP

puppy  pic is now gone but I did see it earlier. Very cute dog!  I love hearing rescue stories. I'm a huge advocate of rescue - it's pretty much what I do with the non-profit I'm a part of when I'm not running or working.

Congratulations Holly! Getting those words of affirmation, backed up with a salary raise can sometimes make the negative parts of the job seem a little more bearable. 

5.5 miles after work for me tonight.

Tammy

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I cannot see puppy.

I DEMAND to see puppy!

Congrats, Holly!

What Surly said!!  Although I did cheat and look at the gram to see at least one shot of him.

Congrats in a big way, Holly -- you've certainly earned it

I'm home to go to work while DW is up at the lake with Maggie. Who got to go to doggie day care up there as an audition for Thursday to stay overnight to avoid fireworks. Which go crazy over the lake with them being legal for short periods around the 4th.  Maggie didn't seem TOO bothered by the warmups over the weekend, but not taking any chances.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Mariposai

5 5 miles up Kermel grade and that felt great.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Twocat - is it the shadows?

Holly - wonderful.

Roch - neat.

However, isn't it a long way away?

Having a nice “vacation “ in the NY Hamptons with my SIL. This is where all the celebs hang out in the summer. Haven’t spotted any yet and I probably wouldn’t know if I did.😎.🏃🏻‍♂️.

Me neither. Who have you (and others) seen in the past?

Several of us got in the elevator in the lobby once with the press secretary coming up from the ground floor parking with a scruffy, stocky guy with unkempt yellow hair who we couldn't believe was being taken up for a meeting with the uppity'ups up in the more rarefied air on the penthouse level. When some of us got out on the fifth floor  and the nurse could see we didn't know who it was, she said it was Robert Redford. I've liked him even more ever since.

Similarly, I was glad when all three Jeopardy contestants recently missed a pictured modern actor I didn"t know either.  Where are Perry Como and Frank Sinatra when I need them?

Leslie/Joe - I just found out about a new  race in October up the steep four mile trail I took a couple of weeks ago for the first time to the 4,000' top of Mailbox Peak to get Mt. Rainier, Mt. McKinley, Mt. Everest, etc. elevation credit in 24 or 48 hours.  I"ll probably do it only a couple of times as way too dangerous for me to try coming back down in the dark.

As for doable 100-milers, look for 'em in longer events, e.g., 200 or more miles, Across-the-Years, etc. that sometimes give full advantage of a 72-hour cutoff, etc. to everyone, e.g., I did my one-and-only century that I can"t begin to do any more in a 150-miler.

Extended the 5-mile return of today's cycle-mute to six miles for even more exercise than usual.  It was the first rain cycle in three or four months, or more but, fortunately, there's no rules against cycling in the rain, at least around here in the PNW, or nobody would do much so I don't have to make up, I mean, provide an exception. Whew.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)