Masters Running

Saturdaily 1/26 (Read 39 times)

Joe618

DW is a long time heart patient. About 25 years ago (before we met) she had a triple heart bypass after her third heart attack. One of the bypasses failed immediately and a second one soon after. She also has a leaky mitral valve. Add to that she had part of a lung removed in 2014 following a cancer diagnosis. We know the underlying problems and it is probably more remarkable that with modern medicine and DW exercising regularly (when she is well enough) that she has not had more issues.

The doctors are tweaking her medications to try and improve things, but that is the best case scenario.

Thank you all for your concern and good wishes. Much appreciated.

Quick, thanks for sharing those details.   Quite a journey for you both.

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

So stressed!! Something is not right with this knee!! I ran a total of 6.3 miles today - 2.7 before the Fudgcicle, 3.1 Fudgcicle then just .5 post - it ok running and for awhile afterward, but then started hurting and there seems to be some swelling on the outer aspect of my left knee.

Drove over an hour to take the grandgirls to a friend's son's birthday party, 2 hours at a tumble gym, then over an hour back home - my knee is definitely not happy!! 

denise

Deez-  try 3 Advil 3 times a day- treat it like a prescription.  Ice and rest.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Quickadder

First of all--I just want to make sure that Quick knows that I, too, am concerned about his DW's health issues and, of course, she would come before running or anything else, for that matter....please ignore my previous remark.

Mike, I knew I was setting up for someone to come back with a remark like yours - after all this is a running forum.  I was delighted you took the bait and gave me a chance to post the poster message from the race. Thank you.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

Mariposai

So stressed!! Something is not right with this knee!! I ran a total of 6.3 miles today - 2.7 before the Fudgcicle, 3.1 Fudgcicle then just .5 post - it ok running and for awhile afterward, but then started hurting and there seems to be some swelling on the outer aspect of my left knee.

Drove over an hour to take the grandgirls to a friend's son's birthday party, 2 hours at a tumble gym, then over an hour back home - my knee is definitely not happy!! 

So sorry to read about the knee barking at you. I hope you find a solution to this issue soon.

Twocat,  what an interesting birthday party.

Holly, nice 13 miler. How are you now? I hope you are feeling better. Did you get hypodermic?

My posie wings enjoyed 5 miles of cross country skiing and then later another 5 miles of running.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard