Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 07/12/09 (Read 342 times)

Success is not measured by what you do compared to what others do, it is measured by what you do with the ability God gave you. (Zig Ziglar)

Have a good week!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Tapering, tapering, tapering . . . .

Mon - Rest ---------------------------------------------> Done!

Tues -4 miles -----------------------------------------> 4 miles: 1 easy, 2 rp, 1 easy

Wed - 3 miles -----------------------------------------> 3 miles: 1 easy, 1 rp, 1 easy

Thurs - Rest -------------------------------------------> Done!

Fri - Travel/ 3 miles run/jog ------------------------> Travel

Sat - SOB 50k Trail Run ----------------------------> 50k/31.06 miles (7:39:13)

Sun - Travel --------------------------------------------> Travel (and tired and sore)

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Hi everyone, thanks Leslie. Great quote again!

Mon... UB strength training + abs ---------> Done, despite a serious lack of sleep! Total of 70 minutes. 13K bike commute

Tue.... 60min easy run ------------------------->Went out the door at 5h15, but was back home by 5h20. Heavy downpours made me decide otherwise. I did a 30min LB w/o, hoping the skies would've cleared by the time I finished. Not so. Ah well, still have 5 days left for running this week

Wed..  60min easy run ------------------------> sick

Thu.....double bill: 12K easy run + UB---> sick

Fri...... 5K warm up run + LB strength ---> sick

Sat..... 7K easy run -----------------------------> sick

Sun.....3h00 of long, slow running ---------> 3K easy run (in the rain)

Total mileage:3K

UB:1x

LB:1x

Abs:1x

Dutchie
        Run the day, or the day runs you.

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie! Good luck with that trail run... although I think it looks like a lot of fun.

I wrote down my "planned" mileage for the rest of the summer leading up to the Equinox in mid-September. Can't believe I don't have any marathon planned before that, but then again I usually don't run summer marathons. Next race is July 26... Lots of hills.

Monday: Pool Running ended up a Rest Day with the pool closed.

Tuesday: 5.55 miles run, .6 mile walk c/d

Wednesday: 6 miles run in 90F heat, 1.6 mile walked

Thursday: 9 hilly miles, 8:43 avg pace; .5 mile walk c/d

Friday: 3.6 recovery miles, 9:12 pace; .3 mile walk

Saturday: 9.05 miles run (6.05 miles @ 8:37 pace, then 3 miles with hill repeats); 7.8 miles on the bike

Sunday: 14.5 miles; .3 mile walk c/d

Totals: 47.7 miles run, 3.3 miles walked, 5.8 miles on the bike

Renee the dog

Success is not measured by what you do compared to what others do, it is measured by what you do with the ability God gave you. (Zig Ziglar)

Oh crap. I'm  so screwed!    -- And, not doing well with the plan.  Believe it or not, everything will get done this week though!  Just all out of order. So if dg is symmetry, I'm chaos!

Planned      Actual 
             rest    

heavy drinking, hence smarty-pants messages here...

oh and I did walk a couple miles

T  5 mi run, strength  rest -- started strength drills and realized leg was funky-tight. Ugh
             W  3 mi hill sprints, stretch  10 min. stretch, 3 mi. hill sprints, 4.8 mi run
             T  yoga, strength/stretch, slide board  15 min strength/stretch
             F  4.5 mi run, stretch   3mi run, 21 min slide board, 10 min strength
             S  3 mi run, strength  10 min strength, 4.7 mi run
             S  8 mi run  8 mi run

Totals:  23.5 mi running, 21 min slideboarding, 45 min strength/stretch.  Never did get the yoga in. 

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Monday -       plan: rest . . . . . . . so I rested, what a concept!

Tuesday -      plan: run 6 . . . . . .so I ran 6 & walked 1; I'm on a roll!

Wednesday - plan:  going to PA for the day; maybe walk in the evening? . . . . on the road at 5:30 am; worked/did errands all day; crashed before 8:00 pm, thus, rest

Thursday -    plan:  run 3 in PA in the am . . . done; ran 3 & walked 1 on a beautiful morning

Friday -         plan: back in NJ; cross . .. . ran 3.1; walked 1.0

Saturday -    plan: run long; maybe 11(!?!?) . . . . ran 5 (not even close to 11!  grrrr!); walked 2.0; kayaked a little over an hour against the tide AND wind most of the way in the afternoon; slept very well Saturday night

Sunday -      plan:  run easy 3 or cross; sorry for the late update - I spatted on my bike near the end of a nearly 13-mile ride on Sunday evening, spent the rest of the evening in the ER, and most of Monday on the sofa; nothing's broken, but much is sore

Summary:  ran 17.1; walked 5; rode 12.75; did one somersault off my bike onto the sidewalk 

Good week, all! 

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

Nono -

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

dg.

Thanks Leslie!   good luck Saturday!!!   Can't wait to hear about it.

Erika...  "Good luck with that trail run... although I think it looks like a lot of fun.'   well there's a surprise!  ;-)

Too bad about the pool.   

like the table idea Nono.   I'm celebrating symmetry this week.  howabout you?

Planned    

Actual

M  rest  um, rest.  
                   T  6 miles base pace, maybe include drills  6.2 miles 10.28 pace. tiny bits of drills.  abs hurt!  pt, plan to do some of the exercises later. not too likely but possible.
                   W  1 mile w/u, 7X400 meters at 3000K pace, 1 mile c/d  5.02 miles, did 7Xalmost 400 at faster than normal but not 3000K pace.  15-20 min. strength training in the evening
                   Th  opt. 30-40 nonimpact cardio, 1 set core stuff  skipped bike because of abs, only half of core stuff so far, trimmed barberries,  picked berries instead.  acupuncture! Wink
                   F  1 M rec.pace, 3x1 M at 10K, 1 M rec. pace 1 mile rec. (sort of) 3X .85 at 10K pace (average).  1 mile base pace.
                   Sa  Fitzgerald core workout 1 set  40 min. mix of verstegen's prehab, which included some of the fitzgerald stuff.  didn't do front planks because of ab thing, & dead bug works them pretty well. didn't jump either. prolly should've
                   Su  11 miles base pace  11.21 miles, 10:29 av. pace.  technically a little faster than base pace, but not much.   things hurt less than they have in a really long time.  whoot.    10 min. core stuff.

totals..  27.8 miles running, 1 hr. 20 min. assorted strength training.  wellll, maybe soon i'll get back to some biking or something.    so far they still hurt, but they're so good cardio-wise.  

oh, that sounded negative. sorry.  things are looking up, I think.  yippee..

leslie, wtg!!!

where is evryday?  where is Paul?

Was thinking of giving up entirely ...that was on the 4th.  

New week!

Planned          Actual

M - 3.5                  3.5

T - 3.0, swim 1 mile, zumba                swam 1 mile, Zumba (no running )

W -run w/ friends!                5 miles, including hills, long, tough hills 

R - 4.2, swim 1 mile, yoga, zumba   done!

F - swim 1 mile done!  

S - 5 miles, swim 1 mile

S - 3.5

Beginner all over again

Hi Everyone.

Haven't done mucn XT, altho my new goal....is to swim and bike each once per week.  Watch for next week!

This week my legs have been tight from the running, so I've been too chicken to do any XT that involves the legs.

Mon....................JogWalk 48 minutes, 2.85 miles

Tues....................Rest

Wed.................... JogWalk 72 minutes, 4.75 miles

Thurs....................Light Abs exercises

Fri....................JogWalk 25 minutes, 2.2 miles, LHR

Sat....................Plan--->2 mile walking easy social "hike" (translation: walk), and some light rowing

Sun..................Plan ---> swim