Masters Running

Sunday June 29, Masters Runs and stuff... (Read 449 times)

Hi there. Posting from sunny hot Cancun, Mexico... It took some doing, but WRFB has found an unadvertised wireless connection, and has figured out how to network our laptops together in the hotel room. We are such geeks. It's hot and humid here (as you might imagine). We're keeping our runs relatively short, as we do not want to get up at 4am on vacation, and by 8am it's pretty much unbearable. We're nuts, but we're not that nuts. 5 miles Friday and yesterday, 7 today. Nice and slow. Holly - great news that your injury seems to be subsiding. SR - get thyself checked out pronto. You have good instincts, and you know this doesn't feel right. Perch - you do some amazing workouts. That's all.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

...PDR//.......it's good to know you're Not That Nuts........ ....have a Corona for us.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Yup.. that's a screen shot of my run in SportsTracks. I just print screen than crop it in paint then convert it to a jpeg with some other photo stuff, the upload it to photobucket. Really doesn't take long.
        Cool graphic. With sporttracks, you can also "save as" jpeg directly, then upload to photobucket or whatever. Just click on the disk looking thing. For evanflein (and anyone else who is interested), sporttracks will allow you to view your run overlaid on a street map, aerial map, topographical map or satellite map -- this was a satellite map, I believe. My run today? I had great plans to run a long run on the treadmill, given the heat here won't let me run more than five or so outside. That didn't work out so well, and I called it a day after about 3. The treadmill is harder than I thought it would be, even though I set it at a reasonably slow pace. Tomorrow I'll run outside rather than take a rest day. I guess I'll have to get up a little earlier but that's ok. MTA: Corona? I think not. Actually the beer here is a bit lacking, so I've found that banana daiquiris are good for giving me my daily dose of potassium.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Back from my first attempt at a "wave run" for my long run. Next time I do this, I'll try to pick either a less windy day, or more flat terrain, or both! 14 miles of rolling hills and strong wind out of the southwest. Good thing the temps are nice in the low 60's. 8:20 avg pace... perhaps a little fast, no? But it seemed most of my fast parts were downhill... the "recovery" parts seemed to hit the uphills, so it worked out that way. I haven't run 14 miles in seemingly ages though... and probably shouldn't have increased mileage while trying this out for the first time... Nice to hear from the Beers. Hope they don't run out of bananas...
            breger - thanks for donating - your O- blood is so precious!! i try to donate as often as my hemoglobin allows at the hospital where i work!! i'm O+ and dh is O- but i can't seem to get him to donate anymore teresa - hope your ankle gets better soon!! dickyG - ouchie!! nice long run Tramps, CNYrunner,perch, larry, erika, enke, lyndenrunner, franc59 holly - are you going to do any PT? sounds like you're recovering quickly tho handymom - nice job on your longest run ever!! Bob - you are a madman!! 11.92 miles as a recovery run??? are you running Falmouth this August? Jlynne - this H&H has been crazy - nice run before the rain!! Sarge - so cool you and DW running together - did you fill her in on the pace yet? Mary - do the last 3 all have good homes to go to? Tall - hope you enjoyed your day - sounds fun!! Spareribs - feel better!! wildchild - great PR!! Doug - well it's almost July!! PDR and WRFB - hope you're having tons of fun!! hope i didn't miss anyone -- trying to hit all today!! so i had 2 non-running days this weekend - not as i planned, but lots going on ............DH and i haven't had any time at home together to get things done so yesterday we went out and bought an antique dresser for our bedroom - we stained, poly'd and cleaned it up and did tons of cleaning in our room to make space for it!! was great working on something together. then youngest son was on a teen ACTS retreat this weekend -- the teen version of the retreat i went on in April -- i went to a beautiful candlelight ceremony for them at the retreat center last night and today they returned to the parish at the 11:30 mass -- so awesome!! we havent talked much yet but he looks as blown away as i was when i returned from my retreat -- hope he really takes a lot from this weekend and carries it with him!! happy sunday night all!!

denise

King of PhotoShop

Proof that I rule! When this finally catches on in the running fashion world, remember that I started it! From today's news: "Tyson Gay was a blur in blue, sprinting 100 meters faster than anyone ever has. His time of 9.68 seconds at the U.S. Olympic trials Sunday doesn’t count as a world record, because it was run with the help of a too-strong tailwind. Here’s what does matter: Gay qualified for his first Summer Games team and served notice he’s certainly someone to watch in Beijing. “It means a lot to me,” the 25-year-old Gay said. “I’m glad my body could do it, because now I know I have it in me.” Wearing a royal blue uniform with red and white diagonal stripes across the front, along with matching shoes, all in a tribute to 1936 Olympic star Jesse Owens, Gay dominated the competition. He started well and pulled out to a comfortable lead by the 40-meter mark." Spareribs
                Evryday-I'm hoping you at least get out for a little run today...you deserve it
                Thanks Lyndenrnnr, don't know that I deserve it, but I sure did need it! Got a very nice 6 miles in this afternoon. What a beautiful day in sunny OK! I also had a wave run. While running, I met a couple of folks on the trail and waved at them. Smile Got home and mrsday had the veranda all nice and neat. I took a shower, poured an ice cold Sam Adams Cherry Wheat and enjoyed the beauty of the creation. Enjoy!
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM