Masters Running

2's-Day, April 8 Boomer Runs (Read 649 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

The master / boomers are a great bunch of people....it's like everyone puts people's personal life's before running!!!! Very very enjoyable reading. I used to think that CR was the best, but I luv it here. Again, late at home from my workouts and have read allll the posts, but find it hard to respond to everyone....haven't even ate yet. Tonight, 30 miles easy recovery miles cycling, then a brick run of 8 progression miles that started at 9:30 pace, and ended at 7:45 pace...I am tired and probably need a break tomorrow, but will still cycle with some buds of mine. I need to start thinking about my race Sat, but it is only a 5K....that I want to PR though. Have a great night wonderful people....I'm off to bed...well, after I chow down. Timothy PS: I am beginning to think I need to choose between this cycling and running thing, but I love both, and have to add swimming soon for my triathlons....oh well, it's all GOOD!

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Renee the dog

Just got back from 4 mi. with Renee the dog. My babysitter is an athlete, so when my husband is away, I get to run at 8:30 or later, as she always has some sport tying her time up before that. I really like early morning running, but I'm digging end of day running too! Thursday, my husband will be home, so my babysitter and I will go out running together at night. Ah, it's like having the 17 yr old daughter I forgot to have when I was in my 20s. Clowning around My peroneous brevis tendonitis seems to have abated. I need to get a shower and then catch up with reading this whole thread. 'Night everyone!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Wonderful evening date with a beautiful lady tonight. I think I mentionned this morning in my post that she is quite a bit faster than me. Ran 1:19 half last year. Anyway really liked her a lot and she suggested our next "date if I can call that" is her helping me on my 35k run this Saturday. She will run the last 25K with me. That could be good or bad as I could be slobbering or incoherent by the end of that one. But hey so nice to have someone of the opposite sex to run with for 2 hours of a 3 hour run. Should be an interesting post for the board afterwards. had another date afterwards but it paled in comparaison to this one... Have a great night guys and gals Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

evanflein

Take it easy there, Tall... you tend to jump in with both feet and should be careful you don't get burned... Feels very late, but realized I don't usually post my last post this early most days!! after missing my run this morning due to alarm clock disfunction... I set a wake up call for 5:45 to get in at least 6 miles. I won't worry about the 4 I missed today, in the grand scheme they don't matter. But tomorrow's 6 will matter, at least mentally. Good night everyone...
          munchkn883

Good grief Ribs, I walked in shorts and a t-shirt! Guess I'm used to the 50 degree's in shorts!! I told DD1 to e-mail you if she decided to train for a marathon next year. This year would be a little difficult since she is expecting number 3 in late October
              Tuesday - 8 miles at a relatively easy pace - 1:08:02 - (8:30). This felt quite good considering I had run 17 miles yesterday. I'll be doing a very easy 5 mile recovery run later this afternoon. Smile
              PJH

Yesterday's run ... 11.7 mi in 1:45. 3.0 mi w/u @ 9:53 w/128 hr ... 6.0 mi @ MP-15 sec (8:20) w/150 hr ... 2.7 mi c/d @ 9:44 w/132 hr Planning on easy recovery run of 3-4 miles Wednesday or might even take the day off. PJ