Masters Running

Memories of Donna (Read 137 times)

TomD

People have told me stories of how Donna touched their lifes. She did with kindness and sometimes plain guts. In the mid 90's Donna was with a group that helped battered women. One woman going to such a group came upon Donna with her 3 little girls with her. This woman was much bigger than Donna, but without Donna's nerve. Donna told her to stay there and she would deal with her husband. Donna runs into him as he comes to get his wife and children. Donna tells him she is an undercover police officer. If he does not leave now and stop bothering his wife, she would have to arrest for felony assualt. He leaves and does not bother his wife again. This same woman a little later comes back to Donna with another problem. She just had her car repossessed by the bank. Now she did not have transportation to go to work. Donna gets $2500 from her own credit cards to buy her a decent car. The made monthly payments to Donna until it was completely paid off. The became good friends. I miss Donna very much and may miss her for a long time to come, but as Donna told me, you go get another woman in your life after I am gone. She did not want me to be by myself. She was always so thoughtful. TomD \
      Tom - Those are wonderful stories about Donna. I just see her telling off that brute of a husband. Way to go! Big grin Those kinds of stories - the ones that make you smile and chuckle and laugh and say "what a gal!" - those are the kinds of stories that will help get you through. And it's those stories that make Donna live on in many people's memories, so she will never really be gone.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

That Donna had spunk! I can see why you were so taken with her, Tom. Enjoy those memories. Cherish those she touched and the difference she made in people's lives, including yours. Like Leslie said, those memories will see you through and the fact that she touched so many people means she'll never be gone. She lives on in the lives she helped improve while she was here. You were blessed and so were so many others.
          Hey Tom, it's great hearing these stories and getting to know more about Donna. She's quite a woman. You're very fortunate to have come to know her so closely.
          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM