Masters Running

Sunday Runs and Daily Living (Read 396 times)

Great header for today (even if you did lapse into primo sucking up there, Tall--I'm with Tramps Tongue). Seriously, best wishes and take good notes Monday as we'll all want to know the doc's opinion, SR--the Riblet is great, thanks for the photo. It's nice to know some children still have respectable clothes (said the ol' geezer lady, but honestly, I see teenagers in court on DUIs wearing Bud and worse t-shirts. The strategy Confusedthere is beyond me.) So, I have to wash clothes, dash to the market (Sox on TV! Sox on TV! in less than hour!!) and figure out when to run. If Wakefield's not having a good day, it might be during the Angels batting, which could, tho I hope not, allow me to fit in 3 or 4. I'll have to do loops and get a high or low sign from DH thru the window. DickyG--belated response but I DO know that "other" Chicago song--when I was a kid, we had it on an LP by Jack Jones, and by Frank as well--"each time I leave, Chicago is tugging my sleeve," and there's a whole list of distinctive things that make Chicago unique, including the Wrigley Building and the something stockyard. Also the line about "people who smile at you," which I always took as a slam at New York. So how come Mtnchck (which I think is Mountain Chick, but I'm awful at texting), if you are underneath really LakeGirl? It's really pretty there, and cooler this year than the other times I've done it. Welcome Golden (zoom-zoom) Monkey! OK, well, I'm off. grins, A
    Masters 2000 miles
      Two people I train with in Ottawa, won their age groups in Lake Placid...many more were top 10 in their AG, so far. R. Cain won the 25-29 in 9:38 and Leslie won the 40-45 age group in 10:18...5th women overall even when you consider all the women pro.s. She's unbelievable. Rick my coach trains them all. They say there are more triatheletes from Ottawa at Kona then any other city in the world. Something about our water...it's humbling to train with these amazing athletes Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

King of PhotoShop

Well don't get a swelled head because you are still my enemy Amy, but I love you, and thanks for your kind words about Riblet. The Saint knows how to send the kids out of the house each day. And as far as being in a town that won't let you down, it's my kind of town.... A shot of Riblet in less formal attire, but he seems dwarfed by this big object we happened to be standing in front of at the time. Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #957

We had a PERFECT vacation
          Teresa, that does sound like a wonderful vacation, and a belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! We went to the Canada side of Niagara Falls several years ago and had a lovely time as well. Spareribs, I give up. What is it?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Holly, I thought it was Talll's bicycle helmet and I was getting ready to read about some good spill or something. Glad the great one isn't the kind of person to let all this affection go to his head but, it it ever does dear fast friend from Texas, have anyy ot her goddesses ever shed anything for you yet? <>holly/enke)>>> in the last two years, horses and ATV's have been allowed on the Bare Feet Fun Run 5K trail chewing it into a gravel paradise and I ended up being the only barefooter this year so I chickened out too and used the trail run to test out several thongs I'm gluing and sewing with extra insoles and outer soles so next week's 50 mile White River Trail Run doesn't get stymied by anymore of the footwear mallfuctions that befell two ultras already so far this year. Did four warm-ups up the 1.55 miles to the turnaround and back and make still made it up to the turn-around in 20 minutes and down in 14 minutes in the event itself. Winner didn't seem to notice the ascent and finished in 19 minutes (or was it 17?; it's all too fast beyond comprehension of regular runners). Hope to see some bare feet in Seattle if possible next weekend from boomers returning from the Ragnar Relay here ending on Bainbridge Island across Elliott Bay (i think divechief's ferry goes there). Maybe it's my eyes, or tired, but I better read the aamos post again.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

Had a decent weekend as far as exercise goes. I ran my first trail race yesterday (even my first time ever running on trails). It was supposed to be a 10K, but had to shorten it to 5.25 miles due to another event taking place a stones throw away and not wanting to interupt their activities. Fine by me. 5.25 of some pretty intense hills in spot was enough of an initiation to me. I actually enjoyed the challenge of the hills and look forward to doing some more trail running and/or trail races. Then late this afternoon, right in the heat of the day (upper 80's maybe?) I went for a 21.5 mile bike ride. Now I'm enjoying a cool refreshing Mike's Hard Lime-ade. Counting down the days til I get my big Tetbearhug! eta: Tet, we end on Whidbey Island, not Bainbridge.

Tammy

Mariposai

I had a dual training today. 5 miles up the hill to my friend's house in 98 degree weather, well it was more of a shuffle than a run, but it was a great practice. Swan in the pool and had a great Thai food at friend's b-day party. Now too full to go to bed, but the morning will come too soon, so off to bed I go.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

munchkn883

Later yesterday evening I broke down and got on the treadmill. Only did 1 mile, but that was better than nothing!