Masters Running

Saturday 7/27 Daily (Read 35 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Dr. Tom - though my knees can’t handle the two six-mile+ quad-smashing descents off from Corral Pass and Suntop Mountain in today’s beloved and famed White River 50-mile Endurance Race every end-of-July I was reminiscing over all day long, my heart lept up when I found out the old Torchlight 12K (7.45mi) through downtown Seattle had become the Michebob Ultra Torchlight Run but it turned out to be the same old 12K under a new name. Oh well.  You know, I thought my running days were over when my right knee got old on me in 2009 but, thanks to your sage advice on abbreviating strides even if to a pretty much non-running comfort zone, I had a blast pretending I was running it in 40 minutes like in those days anyway.  Thanks.  ps - let's hold off on a resupply of the purple pills for a while.  
    7/27  tetsujin - Michebob Ultra 12K (57:15 - 11:31m/m) - 5/9 in my new AG (1274/1514 OA) / yippee.

rhoon - did you get a chance for the King Salmon Marathon?

I think it's on a very dusty road between KS and Naknek.

(or were you counting yogi's?).

divechief - never thought for a 300' freezer-factory trawler that never goes anywhere beyond the Bering Sea being anything other than a trawler.  Since it's big, is it a vessel or, maybe like the ferry, since it sticks around on the this side of the ocean, just another fishing boat?

ps - .was that the Wenatchee we saw around 7:10 pm on the way up the Alaskan Way Viaduct?

Missed you in your first favorite run.  Tammy's too.

Maniac 505

Tet:

That was indeed the Wenatchee and I was under the car deck driving.

As I said before, you can call it anything you want.  Twocat is going to call it a car.  That's fine, it's a free country,  but people will look at him funny  Confused

off to bed now.  glad you had a good run.

divechief - never thought for a 300' freezer-factory trawler that never goes anywhere beyond the Bering Sea being anything other than a trawler.  Since it's big, is it a vessel or, maybe like the ferry, since it sticks around on the this side of the ocean, just another fishing boat?

ps - .was that the Wenatchee we saw around 7:10 pm on the way up the Alaskan Way Viaduct?

Missed you in your first favorite run.  Tammy's too.

...tet//........Good Running......

...............as soon

as I can actually Run two steps in a row, I'll lay some SageAdvise on ya

Best I got is-

CrossTrain

with PoolRunning,

you

may be forced

to look at wimmin in skimpy bathing suits,

but

other than that, I think you'll enjoy it.

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....