Masters Running

2017 Distance game sign up (Read 44 times)

spacityrunner

This was my first year and I had great time with my team.

I am in team 7 and I see Holly S there...hurrahhh.

Oh lucky Team 7!!

Trails Rock!

Marathon Maniac #957

This was my first year and I had great time with my team.

I am in team 7 and I see Holly S there...hurrahhh.

WooHoo!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

First time joining this, made team 3. Don't recognize anyone but should be fun anyways.

Happy Running!

TammyinGP

so because I missed the team sign up date (%^&*!!), but signed up as an individual, do I just run and keep with my commitment and hope that I might be plugged into a team as a sub?

Tammy

spacityrunner

so because I missed the team sign up date (%^&*!!), but signed up as an individual, do I just run and keep with my commitment and hope that I might be plugged into a team as a sub?

Tammy...go here and tell them you want to be a fill in

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/2017in2017/forum/87221a88a2894dfc8597a83b230b6f33/resume#focus

Trails Rock!

Marathon Maniac #957

First thing they did was move all the team communication to Facebook, effectively meaning there's not "team" engagement for those of us who may not enjoy FB -- and it's kind of boring and, frankly, annoying -- that a group would come to RA for a fun group contest, then complain about  using RA to participate.

Yup - that's exactly what happened.  They put a link and said to add yourself to the FB page, and than next thing I know there's a message at the RA page saying, "Everyone is now at FB - see you there!"  I didn't realize that by following the prompt to join the FB page, I was giving my vote for that interface - not my preference.  No vote, either.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

an amazing likeness

Yup - that's exactly what happened.  They put a link and said to add yourself to the FB page, and than next thing I know there's a message at the RA page saying, "Everyone is now at FB - see you there!"  I didn't realize that by following the prompt to join the FB page, I was giving my vote for that interface - not my preference.  No vote, either.

..sigh

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

C-R

Since I am trying to claw back to some semblance of being a runner I joined. I'm on team 6 - RunningBehind

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                  "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

spacityrunner

Our team captain has a daily thread going on both fb and ra.  Neither is very active.  I post on both threads to support our team.  I suspect one or both will eventually die out and we will use the other or none.  It all depends on the team members.

Trails Rock!

TammyinGP

I'm hoping I get called up for a team at some point. Although I haven't been able to run much yet this year due to our weather.

Tammy

spacityrunner

I'm hoping I get called up for a team at some point. Although I haven't been able to run much yet this year due to our weather.

Most do get drafted...I am hoping you land on my team!!!

Trails Rock!

TammyinGP

let's send some team 8 mojo for me!!

Tammy

spacityrunner

fyi

stealth.rnr

I'm supposed to run?

posted: 1/6/2017 at 1:40 PM
                            modified: 1/6/2017 at 1:41 PM

Everyone on the pinch hitter list will be added. Anyone not on that list that wants on a team needs to let us know soon.

Here's a link to the forum:  

https://www.runningahead.com/groups/2017in2017/forum/Post/7a59cb81e8f54918b06d860843ef992e#focus

Trails Rock!