Masters Running

Mondaily, 7.30.18 (Read 36 times)

Good idea-  the walking start is really good and I've been skipping that, too.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

C-R

Hey all.

Happy birthday jlynne!

Hang in there Tammie. Scary stuff.

Sent kiddo off to his last XC camp for HS today. Time flies.

Got 10k in at lunch. Fitness is coming but weight is not. Oh well I will keep trying.

Hang in there Karen. I have specific routes set with several park bathrooms just in case. Things one never thought to consider in one's younger years. Oh well.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

I don't know about that, Norm.  Seems like we all had those "issues" back in my Dallas running days, too, but there were more alleys!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

0 miles @ 0:hectic

Yesterday was the final performance of a musical where I was hired as the scenic designer/technical director/master builder. A LOT of hats to wear, on short notice. So I had to spend 6 hours last night striking the set and organizing the packing of all the props, costumes, materials, sound equipment, and the set itself. I left the main set parts at the loading dock of the theater to take to the theater company workshop today, and THAT took 4-5 hours to pack, drive and unpack by myself. A lot of weight lifting, but the heaviest thing was probably only 150-200lbs and there were only 2-3 of those. I was going to run, but decided that it was beer'o'clock instead (currently sampling Anderson Valley Ee tah! IPA)(ee tah! in Boontling means "wow!")(Boontling is a language developed by people living in Boonville California in the late 1800's).

Long runs tomorrow and 3 other days the rest of the week, to hit 40.

happy birthday jlynne!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Happy Birthday Jlynne!!

denise

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Happy birthday, Jlynne!

I forgot to mention, yesterday, that Ryan took 5th overall and 3rd in his age group at the Seafair Torchlight 8k in Seattle, WA on Saturday night.  It wasn't a spectacular time--28:27--but he was happy with it.  The coolest part was--he was in 6th place and came up on the 5th place guy who, obviously, went out too fast and was walking,  When Ryan caught him, he said, "Come on!  You're not walking!  Lets finish this together!"  And they did...until the last half mile...then Ryan took off and left him.  Anyway--I thought that was pretty cool.

I went to the track and did 6 x 800's.  The plan called for 3:00.  I thought it would be cool to get 2:55's.  I went: 2:56 - 2:52 - 2:51 - 2:51 - 2:52 - 2:49.  I was really feeling the last two but I got 'em done.  With warmup, cool down, and recoveries between each, I ended up with 9 miles for the night.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone!  5.75 miles this morning and 30 minutes of weights and core stuff. The rain gods put the cabosh on my planned golf game so the afternoon was spent packing dishes. Last year was not the best for injuries but now that I’m starting my 66th year I’m sure things will be much better. 😏

stay safe Tammy. Nice race for Ryan, Mike!

Hope home issues are better Holly.

And thanks for the smile KSA. Do bathroom stories ever get old?  I don’t think so!

Have a great evening folks.

evanflein

I was going to run, but decided that it was beer'o'clock instead (currently sampling Anderson Valley Ee tah! IPA)(ee tah! in Boontling means "wow!")(Boontling is a language developed by people living in Boonville California in the late 1800's).

I love IPA's, the hoppier the better. Will have to look for that one, but I bet it's not available here. Be careful with your increase... those AT issues are buggars.

Happy birthday, Jlynne!

Mike, why do you always go over/faster than plan? Maybe you need to change plans? It seems like your goal is to beat your plan, and I don't understand that.

Rest day here. I did a .7 mile walk at lunchtime but yesterday's "crash and burn" run told me I needed a day off.

SteveP

Happy Birthday Jeanne.

Another 4 morning miles with the dog. I was happy as all get out. I took nearly 8 minuets off of Sunday's run.

I took Dad to the campground the family is staying at. It's Norah's (GD#1) 4th birthday. It was a fantastic evening for me. FB is being silly and I'll post a few pictures later.

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

Mike, why do you always go over/faster than plan? Maybe you need to change plans? It seems like your goal is to beat your plan, and I don't understand that.

I’m following the 3 hour training plan from the Hanson’s Marathon Method.  But their training plans are based on VO2 Max.  I don’t know my VO2 Max so, when I do my workouts I go by how I think the percentage of VO2 Max for that particular workout should feel and try to hold that pace throughout the workout.  So, when the 3 hour plan calls for 800’s to be done in 3 minutes I figure, if I can do them in 2:55 without a whole lot of extra effort, that maybe I could do a 2:55 marathon.  I don’t know if it makes any sense, but I never claimed to have much sense.