Masters Running

Thursday, February 25 Daily runs and such (Read 479 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Yea, yea, wine, wine, wine . . . I know.

Good idea!  Just not while you're driving....

Breger - you will fly, I know!  Wishing you a great race!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

I was gonna make a snide remark to Twocat's editor about the "wine,wine, wine" comment... 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Tramps

I was gonna make a snide remark to Twocat's editor about the "wine,wine, wine" comment... 

Ooh, is it "pick on Twocat" day?  Gimme that wine... 

Be safe. Be kind.

rain rain go away .........but thank you for not being snow!!

will add to the goodluckhollygoodluckhollygoodluckholly mantra

Sue - would love to walk hyannis with you, but with Justin leaving for Florida on sunday i really need to be home and soak in as much of my time with him as i can

Bill - have an awesome 1/2 marathon this weekend!

Mt Washington ............. i hate hills but i think i am entering the lottery for this one .... my running group helps out with this race and man a water stop along the way

Reach the Beach Relay -- paid for my spot last night - yikes!!

still no workout for me - just taking a break

denise

Ok, ok, beat up on me.  Have fun!  Since apparently nobody is actually, you know running today.  In any case, the brickbats hurled at me today  cannot be any worse than the snow/slush coming down and that I will be driving home in tonight.    To add insult to injury it now appears that the snow will continue through Saturday morning!  What am I going to do with all those baby bananas? 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

dg.

Ok, ok, beat up on me.  Have fun!  Since apparently nobody is actually, you know running today.  In any case, the brickbats hurled at me today  cannot be any worse than the snow/slush coming down and that I will be driving home in tonight.    To add insult to injury it now appears that the snow will continue through Saturday morning!  What am I going to do with all those baby bananas? 

nope.   I'm not running today either.

;-)

Holly???????

Renee the dog

4 miles on the treadmill. A husband trying to take a redeye out of Sea-tac bound for Newark.  A 21 miler scheduled for Saturday morning, and it is now even snowing again here at the southern tip of NJ!  So, not only is my family not supportive of my key running weeks, now Mother Nature is piling on again!  Harumph!        At this point, I'm just laughing about it. What else can I do?

Oh well. I am going to throw the 21 to Wednesday if things don't work out for Sat.  (Sunday won't work because of other obligations...)

Tramps, so glad you can get the vehicle in and out of the driveway.  I can't really relate though, as we have a parking pad -- so about 4 ft. and we're out!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

holly, I'll add my best wishes for your secret meeting.  sue, you mentioned "gunk" for your eye problem.  I hope it's working.  hopeful,  I'm anxious to hear about the Super Eagle showing.  Also, Frankenmuth is practically in my backyard.  As mentioned, Bronner's Christmas store is spectacular.  Both Zehnder's and Bavarian Inn have great chicken.  If you like little, unique, shops, there are quite a few of them.  When are you going to be in Frankenmuth?  holly, it's neat you and your son got some special "together" time.

Nice long runs for CNY, dive, mariposai (in the rain), breger (with speedwork), and Tramps.

This morning, I woke up dreading my planned 12 miler.  The weather, high teens, windy, and packed snow/ice on the roads (not slippery, though), didn't help my attitude.  I went out and it was hard from the start.  At two miles, I passed home and almost quit.  I figured I could go another half mile and be back home for 3 miles.  Then it was another half mile to be back at 4, then 5, then 6.  After I turned around and got a mile from home, I took a side road for a mile so it was 8 when I got back home and I called it quits.  It took just over 1:22 for a 10:16 pace.  It was a struggle every step and I thought of my friend who would say, "It sucks to be me".  After taking my wife to a doctor's appointment and grocery shopping, I hopped on the TM for 4 miles at a 10min/mi pace.  Can you say "junk miles"?  Enough whining, the next one has to be better.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Slo

Hey All !

Just a quick Hello.....I've been keeping up with you but by the time I get my run logged and the post read it's time for me to move on.

BTW....Big brother is watching at work again. There's been a few people caught with thier hand in the cookie jar.

Anyway.....I'm running......My first target race is the Green Bay Marathon....Half Actually.

Keep posting, I'll keep reading ! And drop a line when I can !

Mariposai

twocat, first, hand me my choice wine

and then give the baby bananas, back home we call them  banana de oro and they are indeed yummy. 

Safe travels tonight.

Spoke with Holly this early evening, yeah we were chatting away as my hair dresser was busily adding the touch of cinnamon toast color in my hear. ., anyway, the she said that she fells good about the interview. 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Hey There!

In San Diego this weekend for a conference, so I'm taking a few minutes to use the business center computer.  Was hoping to see some comment from Holly about day.

Twocats - I did some running today - albeit  between flights.  But I ran!  And once we got here, of course we had to do some mall exploring.  Then went down to the local Food4Less and stocked up on food so we don't have to eat out so much.

Tomorrow - the treadmill, then things'll be too busy for me to workout the rest of the weekend.

Take care ~

Leslie
                          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Maniac 505

really glad it sounds like holly is happy with her secretmeeting.  looking forward to hearing more if she  is comfortable saying more.

Lots of talk about elliptical pace and resistance the last few days.  I will pass on what worked for me,  first note.  every brand of elliptical is different.  some count strides,  some count RPM (90 or 180 might be the same thing on different brands)  different stride lengths,  elevations.  etc.  and if you get used to one,  you will probably hate another

as some of you know,  several years ago, back in the cool running days I was injured just a couple weeks before a BQ attempt.  I wanted to try to stay in BQ shape, but I couldn't run so I hit the elliptical REALLY hard.  6 months,  4 or 5 days a week for 1 hour sessions and 2 or sometimes 3 hour sessions 1 day a week.  I tried to keep a running pace (180 RPM) and dial the resistance up so my heart rate was 150 or more (lower then running)

there was always a pool of sweat around the machine when I got off.  when I got on a machine next to one of the trainers they would say.  "please pick another machine,  you will make me look bad "

I don't nearly have the mental fortitude to hit those evil machines that hard today,  but 3 months after I started running again I ran a BQ.

sproinky 5  miles after work tonight.   I got off early so I was thinking  about 10, but my  retreads on my orthotics feel like they might be causing a hot spot on one of my heals.  I have seen how these can wreck my feet before, so I think I need to be a little careful.

evanflein

I don't think I posted last night's run because it got too late. Maybe I did.. don't recall. 7.5 miles of hills (Deb, I made it two loops), then 2.5 miles on the treadmill to make it an even 10 for the day. Got to bed later than planned after all sorts of last minute cleanup and laundry then up at 3:40 this morning (Lou-Dark-Thirty?) to catch a 6 a.m. flight to Anchorage. Meetings all day today, then dinner out (yum) and now at 8 pm I am ready for bed! Hope to get up in time to hit the hotel treadmill for 4-5 miles, then more meetings and another day of sitting on my butt. Home by 8:30 pm tomorrow. I may not get time to post again till Saturday.

Holly, I sure hope things went well for you today. I can't wait for you to walk out the door of that old ungrateful beyotch you've been working for for far too long now. Would love to see the look on her face when you say you're leaving.

Hey Twocat, want some cheese with that wine??  Seriously though, you guys have been hit with some dreadful weather and you've got every right to whine about it.