Masters Running

Thurs Masters Runs, Workouts and Fun Stuff (Read 561 times)

Hi Meg, sorry about all the bad luck--glad it seems to be turning around for you. Mtnchk---good for you helping DS stop smoking. Jerry Remy (former Sox player and current announcer) issued a statement today saying he is suffering some complications probably related to his lung cancer surgery from last year and is off on leave until he regains strength. He had pneumonia and picked up an infection. He said he wanted to make a public statement to especially discourage kids from starting and to help adults quit--and that as a former smoker, he knows it is hard. hang in, Amy
    Masters 2000 miles
      There is a bright light in the sky that I vaguely remember seeing 8 or 9 days ago. The expanse of gray around it is now blue with white fluffy-looking things scattered about. Given my age and generally addled state, I can't seem to remember the names of any of these things, but I like them and I'm going to go run before they go away and the gray wet stuff returns. Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

King of PhotoShop

Glad to hear from jdmom. No matter how many unlucky breaks we all get, life has a way of sorting things out and we all get back on track again. Still here in Chelan, just over the "Cascade" Mountains and today is a stunner of a day. I finished up my workshop at 2 and headed out for a pleasant 6 miler at easy pace. Now to stretch and rejoin the conference for dinner. Spareribs
          An easy 3.5 in 28:00 with my 5K fifth graders. Today's lesson...the water stop. Hoping to get rid of the novelty of it before the race on the 17th.
            Meg, Happy things are sorting themselves out...my life is still sorting itself out...but we all have to be happy for what we have. And my girls are awesome. (-: Did not feel to good prior to the speed workout tonight and decided to take it easy and run 3 minute 800 meters X 8 and after the 4th one the legs got lighter but I stayed on pace until the last one which I ran in 2:44. Felt good to get a faster one in there. A small bout of a flu/cold strain..hopefully will feel better by Saturday so I can do a 5k race. My first of the season. Absolutely beautiful night but bugs were starting. Take care Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

TammyinGP

Hi Meg! I'm so glad to see a post from you. Sorry to hear of the schtuff that has made life stressful for you, but so glad you popped in to say hi and let us know what's been going on. Just returned from my run. 16 miles in 2:43:45. I was real pleased with this run. All my splits were nice and consistent and I chose a route that had a few challenging hills in them. I did a 6 mile loop, then the 6 mile loop again, then a shorter 4 mile loop, but each one incorporated in the two main hills I wanted to challenge myself with.

Tammy

Super run Tammy. Way to go! That's your longest run ever maybe? Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Marathon Maniac #3309

Oh, after what I posted this morning....I find out your name is Rod...go figure (LOL) TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

TammyinGP

Thanks Bill. Not quite my longest run ever, but certainly my strongest run at this kind of distance. When I was training for Eugene last year, I ran an 18 mile run - that was the long run that caused me an injury which curtailed my marathon efforts and I downgraded to the HM. That 18 mile run was the end of March 08 - so it's been a LONG time since I've worked up to this distance.

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #3309

Tammy, you are not just a pretty woman, but a awesome runner too....great job sweetie!!!! TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Mariposai

sad to see that ribs is still in my backyard and I have been tooooo busy with work to be able to join him for a runCry. Oh well, the dinner was fun. Terrific job tammy......you training is going so well. keep listening to your body dear sistahhhhhh.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard