Masters Running

40/40 Thread for Week Ending 12/20/09 (Read 461 times)

Yeah, I signed up last night.  80s in December...welcome to Florida.  I can't remember the last time I wore my tights.  It's gusty and cool at the moment - low 70s.  Time for a run.

Unforetunately ... Looks like they are shipping some cooler temps your way tommorow, just in time for our plane to land with High in upper 60's and lows in 40's and even as low as 37 Monday??

Next two weeks look cool down there, I hope they are wrong ... Last year over the holidays the weather was near perfect 75 - 82 degrees most of the time.

We had our early "Christmas"  today in Ohio (The Beauty of having a 2 yr old and other 2 kids are 11/14 so they are OK, when they were younger ... I would have to sneak back in while wife went to gas up car after we left and leave out all our presents so they it looked like santa had not foggotn us with out dragging everything to Fla.)  and actually got a little snow cover (its been very mild Nov /Dec).  Spent 4 hours last night putting together a train table/set ... good times

Will probably need to get some treadmill miles in today as not sure if up to running in snow after we are packed for Fla!

Happy Holidays All ... Will be out of touch as nothing but dialup available at our condo on siesta key.

"It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it Great!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks holly.

this`ll be a record three 40/40 weeks in a row for my Sunday-Saturday but I`m on the way back so see you next year.

12/13 - Hiratsuka Marathon

12/19 - Enoshima Shores Marathon

----------------------------

Enoshima was a dream-come-true as the last four miles of the out-and-back to the island causeway were along a sandy beach just like I`ve always dreamed of running sometime.

don`t tell ilene as I`ll never be able to keep up to her anymore but maybe I can trick her into enoshima sometime as the little privacy offered to the surfers by the bamboo fences with backlighting from the sun might be enough distraction to slow her down to my speed again. 

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Every Mile is a Gift

40 miles this week. First time since 1991! Legs & body holding up fine. So far.

Often injured, NEVER giving up.

I Can Go The Distance

Hi Holly,

I have been so busy the last half of this year trying to keep my business going that I have not had time to post. I am taking the last two weeks of this year off, so I hope I can get back into the 40/40 groove.

Mon: 6 miles easy

Tues: 6 mi: 3 mi warm up and a 3 mile tempo run

Wed: 6 miles easy

Thurs: 6 miles: 3 mi warm up; 16x100m strides (2mi) 1 mi cool down

Fri 6 miles easy

Sat 15 mi LR

Sun 5 mi recovery run

Total Miles: 50

Bruce

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jim Valvano