Masters Running

Sunday 11-12-17 Where's Jay today? (Read 41 times)

Head Procrastinator

Yesterday, was more of a cooking day than anything else. I saw some long beef ribs (think beef short ribs about 3 times the length) and bought a pair of racks. Yesterday I smoked them. Awsome! For some reason it is hard to get the long as opposed to short ribs in my area. The ribs were part of a dinner that included a really good delicata squash salad. (If I do say so myself! ) Easy to make. Take a delicata squash. Cut off the ends. Clean out the seeds. Cut into 1/2" slices (half moons). Mix in a bowl with some olive oil, salt, pepper, honey and brown sugar. Not too much of the sweet stuff! Roast at 400 for 10 minutes. Flip. Roast for another 10. If you have a hot oven you may need to turn down the temperature. You do not want the honey and sugar to burn. But you do want the squash to cook and get a nice caramelization. Serve with burrata, pomegranate seeds and some arugula. Hard to go wrong! The other item of note about the dinner is that our guest was a former student of mine and we have been friends for a few years now. He came over as part of my "I am not going to die from tongue cancer in the immediate future" celebration series. So post dinner we had one of the better bourbons I keep for special occasions. My DW wants nothing to do with my calling the couple of gatherings my not going to die right away . . . celebrations what I call them. But I think it is pretty funny and it is my party so I can call it what I want to call it!

Was it THE bourbon? 

PS, love Delicata squash. I made it with swiss chard, chick peas, coconut milk, tomato paste and curry powder. Yummy vegetarian entree.

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats